Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Godfrey drops second article today and states that LL will be summoned to the COI

vCash

Godfrey drops second article today and states that LL will be summoned to the COI

dont click the link if you don't wanna..not sure if we are prohibited from linking sbnation stuff

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ippi-state-sec
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Lewis has been asked to appear before the COi- but OM reps are not allowed to ask questions of him

Archimedes
    vCash
    Those stupid sobs keep leaking stuff that is going to bite them in the ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Lewis has been asked to appear before the COi- but OM reps are not allowed to ask questions of him
    way i read it to. just the panel. But it indicates to me that they do likely have a few questions, otherwise he would not be "invited" to attend
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    So once again, we have Ole Miss leaking a student athletes name.

Note Leo's rep's response:
    "Anytime the NCAA conducts any investigation into an athletic program, when a student athlete is requested to participate in investigation, per NCAA rules and regulations and per confidentiality agreements executed by the student athlete, that participation is confidential. I?m not in a position to comment one way or the other on any past, or future participation by Mr. Lewis in any NCAA investigation because it is confidential.?

Folks - Ole Miss will just keep digging a bigger hole every time they leak a SA's name.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 07-26-2017 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    I'm assuming he's being summoned just like an eye witness would be summoned in a trial

vCash
    Keep in mind Godfrey is an ole miss homer with ole miss sources. Doubt he has legit NCAA sources. His info likely came from ole miss, and we know how accurate they have been. So wait and see.

vCash
    I'll say this- something else bad must be about to drop because they are flipping out.

Or it could be that Godfrey is the only "media"- and I use that term loosely in his case- that is on their side after years of the rest of the media being burned the past few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'll say this- something else bad must be about to drop because they are flipping out.

Or it could be that Godfrey is the only "media"- and I use that term loosely in his case- that is on their side after years of the rest of the media being burned the past few years.
    I believe you're right, Todd. I think some more bad bad news is just on the horizon for the bears.

vCash
    Stop using the words summoned and requested interchangeably. Semantics perhaps, but he was requested, not summoned.

I do think he should go though and tell same story again. The NCAA believes him as evidenced by their response to ole miss, and the coi listens to the NCAA.

Mullen should go with him. Not to answer questions but for support. You would be able to cut the tension with a knife. Would pay to watch.

vCash
    I don't understand this strategy. Why not just admit you did it and move on. Why do all of this bullshit? Do they think this is going to work? This strategy might result in an extra bowl ban and a steep loss of scholarships. Trying this by using the media in the realm of public opinion is going to backfire. They did it. They aren't getting railroaded. If I was Lewis, I'd go and answer the panel's questions if in fact the COI did ask him to be there. This to me is unprecedented that a university is using these tactics to reduce their possible infractions even though they did them. Freeze has been uncovered to be a big time hypocrite and liar. He was their main witness and he now has been discredited. It's just a whole bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Dumb as hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Stop using the words summoned and requested interchangeably. Semantics perhaps, but he was requested, not summoned.

I do think he should go though and tell same story again. The NCAA believes him as evidenced by their response to ole miss, and the coi listens to the NCAA.

Mullen should go with him. Not to answer questions but for support. You would be able to cut the tension with a knife. Would pay to watch.
    Exactly! Since the NCAA has apparently rejected unm response to the NOA's "in full" it's obvious they don't believe Leo is lying or inconsistent or any of the other gaziliion SA's that have given evidence for that matter.

vCash
    Looks like Ole Miss is in a full court PR press today. Freeze speaks out and invokes the name of god. Dick head on H to H and Godfrey two articles. Now we need Jake Wimberly to be suckered into letting Scott Mckinney back on his show to push the narrative.

Just think if we knew what we don't know. This thing is big and I mean John Holmes big or even King Paul Big.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-26-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    Nail meet coffin. Let the idiots spin it all the want. This is the death blow

vCash
    This seems stupid AF on ole miss part. There's no doubt who leaked this letter to Godfrey. Surely they realize that isn't going to play well with the NCAA. Just one idiotic decision after the other by their AD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I don't understand this strategy. Why not just admit you did it and move on. Why do all of this bullshit? \.
    because their program is about to get asshammered. Anything they can get shot down using lawyer BS is worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So once again, we have Ole Miss leaking a student athletes name.

Note Leo's rep's response:
    "Anytime the NCAA conducts any investigation into an athletic program, when a student athlete is requested to participate in investigation, per NCAA rules and regulations and per confidentiality agreements executed by the student athlete, that participation is confidential. I?m not in a position to comment one way or the other on any past, or future participation by Mr. Lewis in any NCAA investigation because it is confidential.?

Folks - Ole Miss will just keep digging a bigger hole every time they leak a SA's name.
    If LL39 has even semi-competent legal representation, a FERPA suit should be slapped on Northern Miss tomorrow morning. Enough is enough, dammit.

ETA: **** those Shitbirds!
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Given that the Document was dated in May...Ole Miss Received The NCAA Response this week.... and Leo is practicing and is projected starter game 1.... I don't think we should be the least bit worried..... if it was something to be worried about, Bracky would have shut Leo down and self imposed a 2 Year Bowl ban.

Banned
    vCash
    This isn't really relevant to the content, but aside from all the other obvious bullshit this is the second article today where Godfrey has referred to a player's "professional career being jeopardized" by an NCAA investigation. Uh newsflash, the NFL doesn't give a crap about any player's history with the NCAA. Dez Bryant was suspended for his entire final collegiate season for lying to the NCAA, and was a first round pick. Cam Newton was the #1 overall pick after his dad admitted to taking money from boosters. Its all just anecdotal, but it also goes to show a very overly dramatic tone being thrown out by a writer with clear Ole Miss ties.

vCash
    Every state fan should want him to go.

Ask yourself this, which is more believable: Mullen put LL up to lying and he fabricated all these allegations about om including money, transportation, and clothes (om didn't cheat)? Or LL is telling the truth and may not remember every detail from 2.5 years ago (om cheated to get Leo)?

Everyone knows they cheated with Leo and the coi will hear it firsthand. Then they'll see the other 11 level one violations which don't involve Leo in any way.