Thread: Update on Luke Alexander - Cotuit Kettleres - Cape Cod League

vCash

Update on Luke Alexander - Cotuit Kettleres - Cape Cod League

I think these are the final regular season stats on LA and they now start the playoffs: BA - .272, 36 Games, 114 AB, 11 Runs, 31 Hits, 3 2B, 4 HR, 17 RBI, 6 BB, 1 HBP, 30 SO, 1 SF, 8 SH, 2 of 5 on SB, and 3 E. I talked to his Mom (Great Bulldog Family), and she said that he had been playing 2nd and 3rd base and batting RH only. They went East and watched him for about 10 days this summer. Hail State!

vCash
    he only hit right handed last year

vCash
    So, 129 PAs... that's K rate of 23.3% and BB rate of 4.7%. Like to see BB go up and K go down.

Slugging = .404
    Obp = .314
    Ops = .718

Like the improved avg, but needs to drive the ball more and take more walks. Of course, this is SSS
    Last edited by msstate7; 08-05-2017 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Meanwhile Jacob Billingsley had a pretty good summer. I think if we had to play a series tomorrow, it's safe to say Pilkington and Billingsley would be our Fri & Sat guys. I'm proud of Billingsley...he appears to be improving and trying to lock in a rotation spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Meanwhile Jacob Billingsley had a pretty good summer. I think if we had to play a series tomorrow, it's safe to say Pilkington and Billingsley would be our Fri & Sat guys. I'm proud of Billingsley...he appears to be improving and trying to lock in a rotation spot
    France will figure in as well. He's better than a lot of our fans realize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So, 129 PAs... that's K rate of 23.3% and BB rate of 4.7%. Like to see BB go up and K go down.

Slugging = .404
    Obp = .312
    Ops = .716

Like the improved avg, but needs to drive the ball more and take more walks. Of course, this is SSS

The thing about summer ball stats is you want to see if they improved over the course of the season more than anything. I've found that the learning curve tends to skew summer stats sometimes.

vCash
    LA brought his avg up to .272 from .238 over the last 30 ab's. Encouraging sign heading into fall. Somehow has to cut Ks.

vCash
    Lot of our players have had a good summer. At one time I noticed that Mangum was at about .361, but was about 12 for 25 in SB. Anyone got an update? Hope this means there were a bunch of Johnny Bench type catchers in the Cape Cod League!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Lot of our players have had a good summer. At one time I noticed that Mangum was at about .361, but was about 12 for 25 in SB. Anyone got an update? Hope this means there were a bunch of Johnny Bench type catchers in the Cape Cod League!**
    Jake is really fast, but terrible at getting jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jake is really fast, but terrible at getting jumps.
    Jake is above avg in the 60. He's not really fast and he's not a base stealer. Which all hurt his draft stock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Jake is above avg in the 60. He's not really fast and he's not a base stealer. Which all hurt his draft stock.
    Obviously I've never timed him, but he looks like he gets down the 1st base line really well. Perhaps his short legs make him look faster than he is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He, like most of the rest of our team, hustle on the bases, which means that while they may stretch singles into doubles or go 1st to 3rd on balls hit to CF, they don't have overwhelmingly great speed for the most part. He's a smart, but edgy base runner but will probably never be a 25 SB kind of guy. He was only 14-21 this past year which is only 66%

vCash
    I would love nothing more than to see Belmont have a great season. I just see a guy that will continue to struggle with the RH'ed slider the same way the kid from NW Rankin did. But at least he absolutely raped LH'ed pitching, Belmont has got to hammer Lefty's and get better vs RHP's for him to be the guy we need next year.