Thread: Godfrey' Bombshell article

vCash

Godfrey' Bombshell article

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...rother-spencer

EliteDawgs thread about it a few days ago

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ell-quot-story

Godfrey to the rescue!!!!!!!!

vCash
    NCAA looked into a car as part of their investigation. The player provided support for the purchase and was cleared and missed no games. It only lasted a few days. Sounds to me like the process worked and the NCAA did the right thing.

vCash
    Lol- bombshell? That wasn't even a firecracker

vCash
    That's hilarious!

vCash
    So OM's strategy at this point is to discredit the NCAA?

Hmmmm. Good luck with that.

vCash
    What a dud.

vCash
    Apparently this is just the first one.

vCash
    The only thing of note from that article is they were trying to paint the NCAA as unethical and racist. Good luck with that Godfrey. I just wanted the board to see that the "bombshell" was posted here damn near verbatim before it went "national". Y'all are welcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Apparently this is just the first one.
    Oh I'm sure. I bet the next one blows the lid off everything**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So OM's strategy at this point is to discredit the NCAA?

Hmmmm. Good luck with that.
    That is exactly what their strategy is and they think they can do it in a court of law by throwing so much bullshit out there they think they can convince anyone into their way of thinking. Sorry about my lack of sentence structure there, I'm pretty dam tired... That's the way I've been thinking anyway. They know they are busted if not.

From reading the article, I just have to wonder if Sheridan went the wrong way. The company his brother worked for may have been the better direction, of course, he would've prolly been stonewalled. I've got an uncle who used to live in Auburn and run a business. He had some players come by once a week. They came by to pick up paychecks. He had a couple famous running backs on payroll way back then, and they worked as many hours as anyone on this board did. It was really funny I ran across one trying to get into my field of employment one day, and asked him if he remembered my uncle. He started laughing and said oh yea he took care of us. Confirmed the family rumor. Immediately, he became my fav uncle...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    That's it? Yeah what a bombshell***

They really are grasping at straws.

vCash
    Trying to win in court of public opinion by saying NCAA is dirty and racist. Note that he admits Sheridan did not break any NCAA bylaw bc not identifying yourself is okay. Strictly a PR piece.

This should sit well with the NCAA.

vCash
    Damn, what a game-changer**

vCash
    Ole Miss and their stooges believe that they can sway public perception. They have always been about image over substance. They will 100% lose this battle. They are not helpin themselves.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Trying to win in court of public opinion by saying NCAA is dirty and racist. Note that he admits Sheridan did not break any NCAA bylaw bc not identifying yourself is okay. Strictly a PR piece.

This should sit well with the NCAA.
    Exactly. Once I got to that part where he said the NCAA stopped "just short" of violating their protocol, I stopped reading. Just a sob story about the mean old NCAA going after poor innocent athletes and "almost" suspending a player (but in the end nobody was affected at all).

I wonder if Mullen was able to let off the gas in the panel van long enough for Steve to snap a good photo of the car....
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 07-26-2017 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    I'm sure the NCAA loves being painted as racist and unethical. That should help the bears case****

vCash
    If the NCAA is that hell bent on getting you, might as well bend over and take it.

vCash
    Isn't that like the whole pot-kettle thing? Umiss calling them racist...

That should help their case***
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Ok UNM mouth pieces and douche fans, which is it? Does the NCAA do extensive investigations trying to find ever scrap of info and corroborate what they find, like Godfrey reports or do they just take the testimony of rival players and say Violation, like y'all keep insinuating with LL and Kobe? Which is it because you can't both sides of the equation to paint differing narratives.

vCash
    BOOOOOORRRRING!

Swing and a miss Godfrey. Absolutely turrible.