Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can now see the window opening that may get UNM removed from SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Exactly
    Except, what happened at Penn State did not violate NCAA rules. Laws? Yes. And it could be tied back to one person. Penn State is apples and oranges for the Ole Miss case. It's an insult to those victims to try and link them.

vCash
    If not the DP here are some things that the SEC can and should add to OM penalties.

http://www.secsports.com/article/11067703/compliance

Penalties: As a fan of the Southeastern Conference, chances are you are an athletic representative of one of the 14 SEC-member institutions. Therefore it is important that you understand the NCAA rules and the consequences if any violations occur. Any misunderstanding or disregard for the rules may result in the levying of sanctions against a SEC member-institution's athletics program. The following are examples of possible sanctions:

1. Probation for a period of time.

2. Ineligibility for NCAA championship events. Doesn't apply since OM has never been to a SEC championship.

3. Reprimand and/or censure. This should happen on the same day as the COI ruling.

4. Ineligibility for invitational and post season meets and tournaments.

5. Ineligibility for television programs involving live coverage for the sport involved. They won't do this because it will penalize the other team beating the brakes off of a crappy OM team more than penalizing OM.

6. Ineligibility for the university to vote on NCAA legislation or serve on any association committees.
    This is almost guaranteed to happen.
    7. Prohibition against participating in outside competition for a specified period of time for the sports teams involved.

8. Prohibition against recruiting for a specified period of time in the sport involved in the infraction.

9. Reduction in the number of athletic grants-in-aid awarded.
    In other words OM needs to realize that the SEC also has power to dock scholarships and and limiting recruiting as well.

Please be aware that any athletic representative found in violation of NCAA rules may be banned from any association with the athletic department.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 07-26-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    https://www.ncaa.org/about/16-princi...iate-athletics

These are the 16 principles of conduct for the NCAA. How many have OM broken severely.

1. Institutional Control and Responsibility
    * Responsibility for Control

2. Student-Athlete Well-Being
    * Overall Educational Experience
    * Cultural Diversity and Gender Equity
    * Health and Safety Denzel Knemdichi may dispute this
    * Student-Athlete/Coach Relationship
    * Fairness, Openness and Honesty
    * Student-Athlete Involvement Football team yelling gay slurs at a performance count?
    3.*Gender Equity
    * Compliance With Federal and State Legislation
    4.*Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct
    5.*Sound Academic Standards

6.*Nondiscrimination
    7.*Diversity Within Governance Structures
    8. Rules Compliance
    * Responsibility of Institution
    * Responsibility of Association
    * Penalty for Noncompliance
    9.*Amateurism Paying players mean anything?
    10.*Competitive Equity

11.*Recruiting
    12.*Eligibility

13.*Financial Aid Does paying light bills count as Financial Aid?
    14.*Playing Rules and Practice Seasons Incarcerated Bob says Hi
    15.*Postseason Competition and Contests Sponsored by Noncollegiate Organizations
    16.*Economy of Athletics Program Operation
    FIFY

vCash
    I don't think ole miss gets the death penalty, nor do they get booted from the conference. However, I think 2022 is when the next round of conference realignment will occur (several tv contracts end after that season), and if the big 12 blows up and we are heading towards 4 16 team mega conferences that has been floated for years now, a big scandal like this could leave ole miss on the outside looking in. Same with Baylor. As a lower to mid tier P5 program, I would not want to give anyone reasons to leave me out as the power consolidates moving forward, and I think both Baylor and ole miss are putting themselves in positions to be left out since they don't carry the power and prestige of a penn st or a unc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I don't think ole miss gets the death penalty, nor do they get booted from the conference. However, I think 2022 is when the next round of conference realignment will occur (several tv contracts end after that season), and if the big 12 blows up and we are heading towards 4 16 team mega conferences that has been floated for years now, a big scandal like this could leave ole miss on the outside looking in. Same with Baylor. As a lower to mid tier P5 program, I would not want to give anyone reasons to leave me out as the power consolidates moving forward, and I think both Baylor and ole miss are putting themselves in positions to be left out since they don't carry the power and prestige of a penn st or a unc.
    I don't think it would happen then because schools would sue. With the upcoming ruling the conference and NCAA have cause to drop them or penalize them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    If Penn State didnt get kicked out of the Big 10 for what it covered up, then no one is getting kicked out of any conference.
    Haven't you seen the commercial....? "It just means more."
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I can't understand why the SEC has been non-existent in all of this. I have not seen or heard one peep from the SEC.
    Boggles my mind!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    I can't understand why the SEC has been non-existent in all of this. I have not seen or heard one peep from the SEC.
    Boggles my mind!
    Don't worry. There is no way they are not paying attention. I suspect they are playing it close to the vest and waiting for the COI to rule before swinging their hammer.

vCash
    Boggles my mind!
    They are afraid of being sued by Rebel Rags. ***

vCash
    Boggles my mind!
    Some of this may go back to Slive giving om a wink and nod. Sankey may want to show everybody there's a new sheriff in town.

vCash
    Who is the liaison between the NCAA and the SEC Comissioner's office on matters concerning OM? If they lied to Sankey the way they've lied to everyone else I wouldn't expect much sympathy.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Penn State has ten times the prestige of ole miss.
    Even with the rapes. Penn State is still greater than Ole Miss. Although there have not been any rape allegations against UM, that is how much they are irrelevant.

vCash
    They will not be booted out of the SEC. I don't want them out of the SEC. I don't want them to get the death penalty. I want them to be permanently put at the bottom of the SEC for the next decade. I want to win the next ten in a roll. I want their stadium to be as full as USM's on game day. I want them to have mostly 11:00 A.M start times. I want them to really suck. I want their recruiting classes to be lower then USM's. I want them to have a team with maybe 65 scholarships and no bowl games for ten plus year due to penalties and pure D suckness. I want every Ole Miss fan to hate Mullen, State and all our fans. As long as they do that means we are owning them. **** those cock suckers.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-26-2017 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They will not be booted out of the SEC. I don't want them out of the SEC. I don't want them to get the death penalty. I want them to be permanently put at the bottom of the SEC for the next decade. I want to win the next ten in a roll. I want their stadium to be as full as USM's on game day. I want them to have mostly 11:00 A.M start times. I want them to really suck. I want their recruiting classes to be lower then USM's. I want them to have a team with maybe 65 scholarships and no bowl games for ten plus year due to penalties and pure D suckness. I want every Ole Miss fan to hate Mullen, State and all our fans. As long as they do that means we are owning them. **** those cock suckers.
    Gotta get rid of the Network first, Jack. It's gonna take a 2 yr DP to root those bastards out.

vCash
    I want them to get the death penalty. It's what is needed, but personally I want them to wear that Scarlet Letter. The first thing you think of when SMU is mentioned is cheating. I want them to be in that same category, because they are one of if not the dirtiest programs in the NCAA.

vCash
    As long as OM is in the SEC and getting SEC money they will be ahead of USM. There is no way that the NCAA can guarantee ten years of torture other than a two year DP or penalties that are worse than a 2 yr DP.

I believe that IF the COI sticks to their matrix most of the violations at this point should be seen as AGGRAVATED. That will put the resulting penalties at a point to where the COI calls in Vitter and Bjork and begins negotiations. Do you want a 2 yr DP or a four or five year bowl ban plus almost 80 scholarships lost? It's a no brained at that point. Plus the self imposed DP will mean that NCAA doesn't have to worry about the litigious Nutt jobs in Oxford.

vCash
    I don't believe they will get the DP or be kicked out of the SEC. However, if those happened it would be the greatest thing to ever happen to MSU. We would be the only P5 school in the State. While the venom in Oxpatch would be fierce for a few years and the associated negative recruiting would be tough. Over the long haul it would give PERMANENT dominance over them, instead of ten years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    https://www.ncaa.org/about/16-princi...iate-athletics

These are the 16 principles of conduct for the NCAA. How many have OM broken severely.

1. Institutional Control and Responsibility
    * Responsibility for Control

2. Student-Athlete Well-Being
    * Overall Educational Experience
    * Cultural Diversity and Gender Equity
    * Health and Safety
    * Student-Athlete/Coach Relationship
    * Fairness, Openness and Honesty
    * Student-Athlete Involvement
    3.*Gender Equity
    * Compliance With Federal and State Legislation
    4.*Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct
    5.*Sound Academic Standards

6.*Nondiscrimination
    7.*Diversity Within Governance Structures
    8. Rules Compliance
    * Responsibility of Institution
    * Responsibility of Association
    * Penalty for Noncompliance
    9.*Amateurism
    10.*Competitive Equity

11.*Recruiting
    12.*Eligibility

13.*Financial Aid
    14.*Playing Rules and Practice Seasons
    15.*Postseason Competition and Contests Sponsored by Noncollegiate Organizations
    16.*Economy of Athletics Program Operation
    You've got to include Financial Aid because of the federal ACT fraud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Except, what happened at Penn State did not violate NCAA rules. Laws? Yes. And it could be tied back to one person. Penn State is apples and oranges for the Ole Miss case. It's an insult to those victims to try and link them.
    Who is linking them? That makes no sense whatsoever. The arguement is if that didn't get PSU kicked out this won't even come close. What PSU did is much, much, worse.

vCash
    Another reason The Cheaters Up North may be removed from the SEC is their insistence on bringing other SEC members into the fire with them once the NCAA swings the hammer.

If TCUN insists on ratting out Roll Tide, Jawja, Rocky Top and HailState when they themselves are the primary cause of their demise, why would Sankey and the rest of the league NOT kick them out especially if they insist on informing the NCAA of where all of the league's skeletons are buried.

At some point, acknowledgement and acceptance of a problem must be realized before the problem can truly be eliminated and I don't see TCUN willingly acknowledging or admitting to any of their transgressions.

TCUN's going out guns-ablazing and other members of the SEC may quickly reach their tolerance threshold of them!