Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss does not release redacted names for now.

vCash

Ole Miss does not release redacted names for now.

vCash
    Mr. Doe's current petition was assigned to Chancellor Thomas. However, the learned Chancellor is a donor to Ole Miss, an alumni of Ole Miss, and regularly attends football games at Ole Miss.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Wait a minute.. so all the names but "John Doe" are supposed to be released by friday? Well that's something new...

The order says that a temporary stay of the Ethics Commission order allows all parties to present their arguments. Ole Miss must provide a copy of the records "responsive to Mr. Robertson's public records request" by Friday. The booster names are to be remain unredacted. Well, all booster names but John Doe's. The redaction of John Doe's name will continue until the August 15 hearing.

vCash
    Unreal!! The John Doe booster name is not exempt from the public records act Somebody else needs to be investigated it appears.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 07-25-2017 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Nope no conflict of interest or recusal should even be remotely considered. Just a few mistakes here and there and as you say. Nothing to see here, move along.

vCash
    Well this is still good news unless something changes... the names will come out by friday except John Doe and anyone who works for him...

vCash
    I fully expect to see the rest of the redacted boosters file suit in the same friendly court with this sympathetic judge and have a stay placed on them as well before the (arbitrary) Friday deadline. In fact, the more I think about it, the only reason to give them until Friday is to give the other boosters time to file their suit as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I fully expect to see the rest of the redacted boosters file suit in the same friendly court with this sympathetic judge and have a stay placed on them as well before the (arbitrary) Friday deadline. In fact, the more I think about it, the only reason to give them until Friday is to give the other boosters time to file their suit as well.
    There's going to be a lot of Mississippi lawyers with bulging coffers before this is all over.

vCash
    Steve just posted that he had reached an agreement with john doe and it has been signed in court. All of the names will be released Friday and john doe's name will be released in the coming weeks. He said once his name is released you will understand the agreement. Whatever that means. Interesting.

vCash
    What kind of real power does the Ethics Commission have?

vCash
    Mississippi's FOIA is a bullshit law and the MS Ethics Commission is a bullshit group of spineless morons.

vCash
    I fully expect that. And I fully expect these boosters to file an appeal, one at a time corresponding to each time a judge gives Ole Miss a week to release the remainder of the names.

vCash
    Pay attention here!!! This is the definition of the #Network at work. This seem like small potatoes but some of these people will do anything to stay in the background. It will be very interesting to watch this play out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4msu View Post
    Steve just posted that he had reached an agreement with john doe and it has been signed in court. All of the names will be released Friday and john doe's name will be released in the coming weeks. He said once his name is released you will understand the agreement. Whatever that means. Interesting.
    Tired of the back room politics and talking in code and innuendo. They're breaking the law and getting away with it.

vCash
    I still stand by my prediction. The other boosters will file just like this guy did - just like the example he laid out for them to follow. And the judge conveniently pushed back the deadline until Friday so they will have time to file. So no matter what this "agreement" is Steve made with John Doe which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it won't mean squat when everyone else gets the same deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I fully expect that. And I fully expect these boosters to file an appeal, one at a time corresponding to each time a judge gives Ole Miss a week to release the remainder of the names.
    Great point on the timing.

vCash
    Mississippi's FOIA is a bullshit law and the MS Ethics Commission is a bullshit group of spineless morons.

It's actually a good law if agencies abide by it's provisions and don't attempt to circumvent the act. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to interpet the act, if you are the agency or person handlng a public records' request.

vCash

Death penalty or bust!!!***

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Steve Robertson‏Verified account
    @ScoutSteveR
    Following
    More
    What a week it's been already. ESPN, SI, Yahoo and it looks like the FBI is next.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Could it be someone who is running for political office? Or is in the middle of a huge case?
    Romans 5:8