Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Hodges announcing tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
    I'm sure we didn't blow smoke up his ass and tell him flat out the job would be his but I bet Pitt is
    Lot of people on here don't like us telling these types of kids that, but then get mad when we don't get them. Not sure what reasonable person would expect a kid to go to a school for 1-2 years and not be expected to get a playing time guarantee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Did anyone get fired over SL?
    No but I think Hev got reassigned over the golden triangle shit show that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    The coach who recruited him and told him he is the next Cam Robinson is no longer there. That's recruing though. Not only that but they had two five stars at his same position in that same class. That's recruiting.
    Exactly. If lashley ends up never playing at Bama, he has nobody to blame but himself. The scenarios were laid out clearly for him.

vCash
    Maybe some should learn how to draw lines between dots and quit blaming the staff. There is a reason scum is in trouble.

vCash
    No but I think Hev got reassigned over the golden triangle shit show that year.
    No one at any school?

Banned
    vCash
    this shit gets SO 17ing old with missing OL'S .

my question is if it's NOT Hev's fault, who the 17's fault is it? a MS kid to PITT?

vCash
    Maybe some should learn how to draw lines between dots and quit blaming the staff. There is a reason scum is in trouble.
    So that's going to be our excuse every time we miss out on a recruit? Bottom line is we needed the kid and our staff didnt close.

Banned
    vCash
    17 that. this has become a recurring pattern. and until someone gets sick and 17ing tired of it , the shit will continue. there's no 17ing excuse for it to continue happening time after time.

vCash
    I thought people felt good about it yesterday. What happened? Why?

I will reiterate my point from the "should we invite AJ back" thread. In the long term one year rentals are detrimental to the team anyway.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He's not living down losing Scott Lashley nor should he.
    This applies to Brandon Hodges in what way?

vCash
    No one should be surprised about this, or any time we lose out on an impact grad transfer. By nature, a grad transfer is almost certainly looking for a guaranteed starting spot. Our standard recruiting pitch, which we don't appear ever to deviate from, is incompatible. Not saying that's an excuse; it simply is what it is. I'm never going to get my hopes up about a potential impact grad transfer no matter how good the news is.

Banned
    vCash
    Yep. And Scott Lashley rather sit on the third or fourth string at Alabama then start as a redshirt freshman this year...
    FYI, Lashley was running 2nd string at LT and was considered to be in the conversation to start at RT during this past spring. He's mentioned very favorably by all the Bama radio talking heads. He could very well be a factor even at Bama very soon. And yes, that makes it even worse that we couldn't land him. But all these folks saying he is gonna sit on the bench for 4 years haven't been paying attention at all.

Banned
    vCash
    What kind of immediate impact would he have even had? Everything these past few weeks has come up State, but we have to bitch about something I guess. Not like we start practice tonight and the season looks to be promising. Not like our arch rivals are in the tank.....

vCash
    He simply went where his old coach went.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post

my question is if it's NOT Hev's fault, who the 17's fault is it? a MS kid to PITT?
    Not the first time it's happened. Remember back in the 70's when a no-good, son of a gun by the name of Jackie Sherrill came down from Pitt and signed 2 of Bob Tyler's prize recruits by the name of Hugh Greene and Rooster Jones. Really hurt our team. Greene was a runner-up Heisman candidate.
    Back to Hodges, he probably asked, "who coaches the OL at MS State and who coaches the OL at Pitt"?. Then he probably said, "think I'll take Pitt". Maybe one of these days Mullen will realize we are never going to be a real good football team until we can get a good OL coach who can recruit and coach the OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    No one should be surprised about this, or any time we lose out on an impact grad transfer. By nature, a grad transfer is almost certainly looking for a guaranteed starting spot. Our standard recruiting pitch, which we don't appear ever to deviate from, is incompatible. Not saying that's an excuse; it simply is what it is. I'm never going to get my hopes up about a potential impact grad transfer no matter how good the news is.
    Yep, Fool me once...but this one seemed like a no brainer- Aberdeen, Emcc, SMH.

Just a reminder Hev makes over 400k per year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post

Not that Hev doesn't deserve plenty of blame for plenty of things but this recruitment was pretty much all DJ's. Blaming Hev now is just a reactionary function. If he signed with us it wouldn't have been good job Hev it would've been thank God for DJ. It sucks to lose the kid though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not that Hev doesn't deserve plenty of blame for plenty of things but this recruitment was pretty much all DJ's. Blaming Hev now is just a reactionary function. If he signed with us it wouldn't have been good job Hev it would've been thank God for DJ. It sucks to lose the kid though.
    The Oline coach is always going to be a major factor with a Oline recruit. Surely you know this. I'm sick of missing on Oline men and WRs. Especially when they are gift wrapped like Hodges was.

vCash
    Hodges is a solid loss. Our inability to recruit OL in his really, really holding us back. This absolutely has to be fixed. It's a very tiring theme.

As someone pointed out, this will make Reese better for next year, which should be our year. But we have to have people step up on the line this year, or we're gonna be toast up front.

Really hoping someone at practice can give us some updates on the OL situation--it's not something we hear a lot about, but that group is going to be so important this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The Oline coach is always going to be a major factor with a Oline recruit. Surely you know this. I'm sick of missing on Oline men and WRs. Especially when they are gift wrapped like Hodges was.
    I wasn't saying he wasn't but in this particular case it was 90% DJ. Now you can argue that the 10% Hev is what sent him to Pitt. At any rate the kid isn't here.