Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Hodges announcing tomorrow

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not that Hev doesn't deserve plenty of blame for plenty of things but this recruitment was pretty much all DJ's. Blaming Hev now is just a reactionary function. If he signed with us it wouldn't have been good job Hev it would've been thank God for DJ. It sucks to lose the kid though.
    did Hodge visit us and Pitt prior to his decision? just curious.

vCash
    I wasn't saying he wasn't but in this particular case it was 90% DJ. Now you can argue that the 10% Hev is what sent him to Pitt. At any rate the kid isn't here.
    There's no way to know the percentages. I can say it was 100% Hev and u can't prove me wrong. Regardless I'm tired of the excuses and I'm tired of people defending Hev.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    No but I think Hev got reassigned over the golden triangle shit show that year.
    I'm NOT a Hev fan. At least not on the recruiting trail....but...the loss of SL was not on Hev. That whole family was ALL BULLDOG up until a few days out. I know this FIRST HAND. You can go figure what changed their minds at the la$t second.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    did Hodge visit us and Pitt prior to his decision? just curious.
    Yea visited both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    There's no way to know the percentages. I can say it was 100% Hev and u can't prove me wrong. Regardless I'm tired of the excuses and I'm tired of people defending Hev.
    Again I'm just telling you what I know on the subject wasn't trying to change your mind or make excuses for Hev. Just offering info.

vCash
    To beat teams like Bama, and LSU, you have to recruit WR's, QB's, and the OL. Well..we're good for 1/3. Sorry but expect similar results when the clock zero's out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm NOT a Hev fan. At least not on the recruiting trail....but...the loss of SL was not on Hev. That whole family was ALL BULLDOG up until a few days out. I know this FIRST HAND. You can go figure what changed their minds at the la$t second.
    While I often believe things like this, I do not believe Pitt was throwing $$s at a grad transfer who might play for one year.

vCash
    Again I'm just telling you what I know on the subject wasn't trying to change your mind or make excuses for Hev. Just offering info.
    I appreciate the info and I'm not trying to pick on you but u were pretty confident on Hodges so you might have bad info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    While I often believe things like this, I do not believe Pitt was throwing $$s at a grad transfer who might play for one year.
    Agree, that's a BS excuse. Although this Ole Miss stuff might force us to be even more cautious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I appreciate the info and I'm not trying to pick on you but u were pretty confident on Hodges so you might have bad info.
    Lol definitely did. Like seemingly everyone I talked to. I don't think there was anyone associated with MSU that didn't think Hodges was ours esp when he didn't visit LSU this past weekend. It happens I don't bat 1.000% but I'll let you know what I have & what I've heard.

vCash
    Lol so it's Hev fault we lost him but we were gonna give DJ the credit if he came? Got it
    So very true....rep given!!!
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    thanks for the reminder on that one . there is no doubt bamer cheated their ass off on that deal. It's pretty evident there are some lines we are just not going to cross.

vCash
    This is a shock, but what's done is done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    thanks for the reminder on that one . there is no doubt bamer cheated their ass off on that deal. It's pretty evident there are some lines we are just not going to cross.
    Yep, and there's also nothing that can be done with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Yep, and there's also nothing that can be done with them.
    Right. Alabama cheats and doesn't get caught. We aren't going to cross that line, because if we did, we'd sure as heck get caught. So, it continues with no end in sight. Alabama keeps winning and keeps us from getting to Atlanta.

vCash
    Sooner or later Dan needs to do something about Hevesy. Why were we going after a grad transfer in the first place? Because Hevesy failed in recruiting 3-5 years ago. It's not just this- we have a possibility of having only one high school offensive lineman from our 2017 class coming in and that is simply unacceptable. This is why Sallach was pissed off. Stuff like this. And I haven't even mentioned the fact that we are moving our best left guard to center because someone couldn't recruit one.

Every band aid for Hevesy hasn't worked and there are no more options other than to give him a desk job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Right. Alabama cheats and doesn't get caught. We aren't going to cross that line, because if we did, we'd sure as heck get caught. So, it continues with no end in sight. Alabama keeps winning and keeps us from getting to Atlanta.
    Can we get an offensive line coach that can actually just do his job and try to recruit legally first? This isn't a getting outbid issue. It's a someone doesn't want to recruit issue and it's gone on too long issue.

vCash
    Hev should've been gone last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Hev should've been gone last year.
    Should have been gone long before last year.

vCash
    Was Scott Sallach part of the "country club?"

As in, should him leaving indicate that Mullen (or possibly Cohen) is starting to have real expectations for coaches' recruiting outcomes?