Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Hodges announcing tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Was Scott Sallach part of the "country club?"

As in, should him leaving indicate that Mullen (or possibly Cohen) is starting to have real expectations for coaches' recruiting outcomes?
    Yes Sallach was in the country club and he should have been demoted awhile back too.

vCash
    Agree totally with the point made by Todd4State. We should never be in the position of "badly needing " a Grad Transfer to immediately plug in as a starter at his position at this point in Coach Mullen's building of our program. OL and WR issues have been building for years and a pass given to some coaches in their recruiting results for several years. That we even needed a plug-in is an insult to the players already at State in some ways. Maybe to add depth is acceptable at this point, but years of poor recruiting by some coaches in not acceptable at all. You cannot depend on a developmental results at all positions, every coach has to succeed in recruiting as well as coaching his position. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Lol definitely did. Like seemingly everyone I talked to. I don't think there was anyone associated with MSU that didn't think Hodges was ours esp when he didn't visit LSU this past weekend. It happens I don't bat 1.000% but I'll let you know what I have & what I've heard.
    You're great IYOK! I love your info even if you do roast me here and on 247 from time to time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Sooner or later Dan needs to do something about Hevesy. Why were we going after a grad transfer in the first place? Because Hevesy failed in recruiting 3-5 years ago. It's not just this- we have a possibility of having only one high school offensive lineman from our 2017 class coming in and that is simply unacceptable. This is why Sallach was pissed off. Stuff like this. And I haven't even mentioned the fact that we are moving our best left guard to center because someone couldn't recruit one.

Every band aid for Hevesy hasn't worked and there are no more options other than to give him a desk job.
    This is exactly right, and it's one example of Mullen not being able to get out of his own way to be as successful as we can possibly be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Not that Hev doesn't deserve plenty of blame for plenty of things but this recruitment was pretty much all DJ's. Blaming Hev now is just a reactionary function. If he signed with us it wouldn't have been good job Hev it would've been thank God for DJ. It sucks to lose the kid though.
    Well, that's the benefit of the doubt he's earned when we are relying on a stop gap measure to fill out the O-Line for how many times now?

In 2011, had to convert a DT to starting OT when he was a senior. Had notice from the day he stepped onto campus in 2009 that he had two years to find a LT, and he couldn't even find a passable JUCO guy to plug in.

In 2015, we put Dak at risk his senior season because we were reliant on a RS freshman that wasn't ready at LT.

In 2016, the season was derailed before it is even started in part because of a POS offensive line, that sadly enough had the potential to be pretty solid.

Now in 2017, if we don't have another RS Freshman ready to step up at RT, we are going to be 17ed.

And it's not he's balancing good years with bad; outside of 2014, his OL have been the weak link or one of the weak links on every team since 2011.

It's possible that Hev is the unluckiest guy in the world (other than the part where he gest paid $400k without showing results in recruiting), but I think most people are going to take the simplest explanation that he just isn't doing his job.

vCash
    This gets so ****ing old. why I still get mad at losing OL I don't know.

vCash
    Hev's new nickname has to be The Closer
    Last edited by Random Poster; 07-25-2017 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Hev's new nickname has to be The Closer
    The Mariano Rivera of recruiting***

vCash
    Hahaha I've been telling y'all for 4 years not to get your hopes up on OL commits. Hevesy should never get another cup of coffee in his life, Bc coffee is for closers.

I'm still crossing my fingers we hang on to K Johnson, Bc Bama and others want him and our hopes hinge on Hev hanging on to this kid for 7 more months!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well, that's the benefit of the doubt he's earned when we are relying on a stop gap measure to fill out the O-Line for how many times now?

In 2011, had to convert a DT to starting OT when he was a senior. Had notice from the day he stepped onto campus in 2009 that he had two years to find a LT, and he couldn't even find a passable JUCO guy to plug in.

In 2015, we put Dak at risk his senior season because we were reliant on a RS freshman that wasn't ready at LT.

In 2016, the season was derailed before it is even started in part because of a POS offensive line, that sadly enough had the potential to be pretty solid.

Now in 2017, if we don't have another RS Freshman ready to step up at RT, we are going to be 17ed.

And it's not he's balancing good years with bad; outside of 2014, his OL have been the weak link or one of the weak links on every team since 2011.

It's possible that Hev is the unluckiest guy in the world (other than the part where he gest paid $400k without showing results in recruiting), but I think most people are going to take the simplest explanation that he just isn't doing his job.
    Agree we were pretty good on the OL in 2014 until we faced Alabama and Ole Miss. Those 2 games showed we were not as good as we thought we were-especially Ole Miss. Dak had very little time to throw, and Robinson got hit almost as soon as Dak handed the ball to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

Who recruited Dak?
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Who recruited Dak?
    Thank you for posting Ms. Hevesy. Your husband has been noticeability absent for many, many years recruiting OLmen for this school. We just lost to UPitt. Em ****ing barrassing.
    Last edited by Barkman Turner Overdrive; 07-25-2017 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    Let it go this dude wasn't going o help us that much anyway, I trust the coaches on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Let it go this dude wasn't going o help us that much anyway, I trust the coaches on that
    LOL, then why did we recruit the heck out of him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    LOL, then why did we recruit the heck out of him?
    He wanted a freakin guarantee that he would start, Mullen just too honest for that....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Sooner or later Dan needs to do something about Hevesy. Why were we going after a grad transfer in the first place? Because Hevesy failed in recruiting 3-5 years ago. It's not just this- we have a possibility of having only one high school offensive lineman from our 2017 class coming in and that is simply unacceptable. This is why Sallach was pissed off. Stuff like this. And I haven't even mentioned the fact that we are moving our best left guard to center because someone couldn't recruit one.

Every band aid for Hevesy hasn't worked and there are no more options other than to give him a desk job.
    Bingo. Hev is Dan's albatross and the architect of that glass ceiling Dan can't break through. We're only signing 2-3 OL per class lately. You literally have to hit on every single OL recruit and have no misses when you sign that few each year. We should sign no fewer than 5 OL in every class. That gives you a little margin for error. OL is already the hardest position to project, but we're making it worse with how few we sign. And why do we sign so few? Hev hates recruiting, doesn't want to work, and is an insufferable asshole who rubs everyone the wrong way.

It's past time to either move him off the field or fire him. It's become clear no one is going to give him a promotion, which is what Mullen has been working to get Hev behind the scenes. A f'n Sun Belt school wouldn't make him an OC or HC just a couple of years ago. Dan needs to decide if he likes $4+M a year and a comfortable job or if he likes Hev enough to give it up. Because our OL is going to be our downfall at some point if we can't improve our recruiting there.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Its amazing to me that we get anyone to play for Hev. I actually think this years OL is going to be better than the past 2 years but Hodges couldve def helped

vCash
    Biggest reason he chose Pitt was ex coach is there
    But a reason he may not have chosen us is we didn't recruit him out of Juco. What I was told

Here is my deal with Hev. Mullen has established himself to me as a top tier coach. So the question that remains is what other top tier coach would not have alrwady replaced a weak link in his staff?? I'm guessing very few if any.

And yes we better hold on to Dolla Bill ( I think we do ) but it is the OL and if anything happens with us reguarding the OL recruiting it's usually not good...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Who recruited Dak?
    And Ron Polk recruited Mitch Moreland. As if Hevesy was actually the only reason why Dak came to MSU in the first place...but let's say he did for arguments sake....just because you aren't batting .000 in recruiting it doesn't mean you should get a lifetime pass. If you hit .100 and one of those hits is a walk-off grand slam it doesn't mean you should start every game the rest of the year.

vCash
    Who knows what happened here but a very possible reality is that you ask your old coach who knows you better than anyone what the depth chart looks like. He responds with "you are definitely better than these dudes".

Then you ask the MSU coaches about the depth chart and the answer is basically if you are better than the other guy then you will start. (And honestly none of us know if he's better than Reese or not)

Given that I can see how a guy with only one year chooses Pitt. I'll be interested to see in a few weeks if he's starting at Pitt or not