Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Hodges announcing tomorrow

vCash

Brandon Hodges announcing tomorrow

UPDATE: Hodges chooses Pitt, per his own twitter account.

Texas grad transfer OL Brandon Hodges will be announcing tomorrow where he intends to transfer. Many of us have been keeping decent tabs on this. Could help the team tremendously.

If his mentions (@BHoD_31) are any indication, the fan bases that are after him the most are us and Pitt.

From the Texas athletics site on Hodges
    Redshirt Junior (2016):
    Played in 11 games and started nine ... made starts against Notre Dame, UTEP, Cal, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Kansas and TCU ... made his first career start in the home opener versus No.10 Notre Dame and helped the offense to 50 points and 517 total yards ... started against UTEP ... started his third consecutive game to begin the season at California ... paved the way for the offense to register a season-high 567 yards on 90 plays in a week three loss at Cal ... rushing attack totaled 307 yards and four touchdowns ... each running back went over 100 yards in the game ... passing attack had 261 yards and a score ... Longhorns offense once again registered 568 total yards at Oklahoma State ... UT had a season-high 339 yards on the ground and had two running backs over 100 yards for the second straight game ... started against Oklahoma and helped the offense to 245 passing yards and 180 rushing yards ... scored 40 points for the fourth time in five games ... at Kansas State, offense recorded 344 total yards ... in a 45-37 road victory at Texas Tech, paved the way for the offense to record 658 yards, the sixth-most in a single-game in school history ... led the way to 414 rushing yards, including 341 (third-most in school history) by running back D'Onta Foreman ... helped Foreman average 10.3 yards per carry and UT to average 8.3 yards per carry as a team ... led the way for D'Onta Foreman's 11th straight 100-yard game ... offense totaled 536 yards against No. 11/10 West Virginia, breaking the school record with their seventh game of 500 yards or more ... paved the way for D'Onta Foreman's third 250-yard game on Saturday at Kansas ... helped the offense total 407 yards against TCU in the regular season finale.
    Last edited by bostondawg; 07-25-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    HailState
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We need this guy. Would be huge

vCash
    If we get Hodges, we are only a few players & Grantham clicking this year from being a damn good football team.

vCash
    Adding to the chorus: he would be a huge addition to the team. We're young/unproven at RT.

Anyone got a decent grasp on our OL depth chart? I get the impression starters would be:
    LT-Rankin
    LG-?? Maybe Michael Story or Deon Calhoun
    C-Elgton Jenkins (I feel like I read that)
    RG-Daryl Williams
    RT-?? Oh boy. Stewart Reese (young but promising) or Greg Eiland

That RT spot is a big question mark.
    Last edited by bostondawg; 07-24-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: fixed position labels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Adding to the chorus: he would be a huge addition to the team. We're young/unproven at RT.

Anyone got a decent grasp on our OL depth chart? I get the impression starters would be:
    RT-Rankin
    RG-?? Maybe Michael Story or Deon Calhoun
    C-Elgton Jenkins (I feel like I read that)
    LG-Daryl Williams
    RT-?? Oh boy. Stewart Reese (young but promising) or Greg Eiland

That RT spot is a big question mark.
    Calhoun will start. Story and Williams will battle for the other guard spot
    And you can go ahead and pencil Hodges in at RT.. but yes from all the reports Reese will be a very good one.

vCash
    Will be a huge get!

vCash
    Thanks Ari. Good info.

I really think this could be a solid OL unit.

vCash
    How many wins could this guy's addition potentially equate to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'll bite

I think out of the games vs Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas, A&M, & LSU, you may win 1 more than you would have without him.

Still losing to Bama, & probably at least 2 of Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas, LSU, & A&M.

Additionally, adding him likely helps lower the chance that Kentucky, OM, or BYU beat us.

If Hodges is solid & reliable for us, I could see us winning 8 maybe 9 games.

So, to answer you question, I think this equates to 1-1.5 wins
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-24-2017 at 09:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not sure how this would translate to wins, but this is my total speculation on the line as it would rank in the SEC. Bear in mind that I'm a complete idiot as well.

Without Hodges:
    We all love Rankin, he'll be a pick this year. Jenkins plays nasty. Two good players. The other 3 are meh. But I think Calhoun turns in a decent performance at LG, and Daryl Williams sees his potential at RG. They turn in two solid performances. At RT we have a gaping black hole. Reese is still too young, although he will be good. Eiland is an unknown. We rank 10th-11th/14 in the SEC as an OL unit.

With Hodges:
    He starts immediately at RT, bolstering us at the position I'm most worried about. I think we turn into the 6th best OL unit in the SEC. With a dynamic rushing attack like ours, that jump from 10/11 to 6 is enormous.

Also, I live in Cambridge too. Nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Calhoun will start. Story and Williams will battle for the other guard spot
    And you can go ahead and pencil Hodges in at RT.. but yes from all the reports Reese will be a very good one.
    Would they bump Stewart back to the undecided OG position if they get Hodges?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Would they bump Stewart back to the undecided OG position if they get Hodges?
    Great question- because Reese by November is a better player than Stewart or Williams. But it still leaves us with no back-up OT's worth a shit if we move him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Great question- because Reese by November is a better player than Stewart or Williams. But it still leaves us with no back-up OT's worth a shit if we move him
    I thought Hev's process was to cross train all the lineman so they would have multiple back ups.

vCash
    Here's the full replay of Texas vs. Notre Dame for last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUC14tsAu7U

Hodges starts at RT. Watch a few series. Guy had a great game. He looks awesome out there; would definitely make us much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Here's the full replay of Texas vs. Notre Dame for last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUC14tsAu7U

Hodges starts at RT. Watch a few series. Guy had a great game. He looks awesome out there; would definitely make us much better.
    He's number 58. Does look good.

vCash
    Updates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    Updates?
    I haven't seen anything yet. I don't think there was ever a time set for when he would announce. Just some time today.

vCash
    Pitt. Following his coach there . Obviously the closet to him wasn't that big a factor

vCash
    Some folks on 247 saying it's Pitt. SMH what a buzzkill if true. Damn