Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Threadlock on SPS after user objects to Rebel mod editing his posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Do you believe this is because of page hits, which equals advertising revenue? Just curious what your's or any others opinion may be as to why a MSU site (or what most would consider one) would openly allow Rebel trolls to roam free.
    I think page hits are part of it for sure- the other part may be to see how far things will go or what kind of comedy will ensue

vCash
    Of course is it page hits. SPS jumped the shark when it went from donation-based to ad-based. The change happened slowly and it has been awful the last year or two.

vCash
    it seems to me that the better posters are or already have migrated over ...War-Mdawg you just stated it perfectly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Several posters over there never have anything to add to a post except to make smart ass comments..(like kurtrambis4 and maddawg)..
    Maddawg is the worst. His constant jabs at our basketball program is one of the reasons I don't read over there anymore. Oh, and patdog.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 12five98 View Post
    Maddawg is the worst. His constant jabs at our basketball program is one of the reasons I don't read over there anymore. Oh, and patdog.
    I like Pat as a poster. The brainless drones are what makes it irritating sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'll jump in here. I think you guys are doing an awesome job with this board. I posted on SPS for years under 2-3 different names. I never realized OP was a mod, but I must say it makes more sense now as to why he's tolerated over there. And why trolls like Bruiser, DiamondReb, Fat Cheeseburger, and RebelVictory(?) are allowed to run rampant.

You guys are spot on about SPS having become a constant personality pissing contest. Our fearless leader, C34, is a prime example: No matter what he said, half the board was automatically with him, half was automatically against him. It really became ridiculous. HD has lost all sense of humor and become nothing more than a gigantic asshole. There is still good discussion there, but it's becoming harder and harder to find. I see a lot of people here giving Der hell. I really don't understand that. I've never had a problem with Der, and he's always struck me as trying to be fair. Unfortunately, SPS has become such a constant feces slinging contest, it's hard for all the mods trying to do the right thing.

I'm really enjoying this board so far. We've got actually MSU discussion without the bullshit that SPS has generated. We can debate positions and facts without the monkey flinging shit aspect. C34 has some solid info, and we've clearly got some of the best posters from SPS in terms of real sports knowledge. My guess is they feel more inclined to post here because they know their posts won't degenerate into endless bickering and they can actually discuss the topic.

I'd also agree there is still a place for both boards and neither is directly competing with the other. I still occasionally post on SPS and plan to continue, assuming the board doesn't continue to degenerate. But I'll also be frequently posting here, because honestly, I'm more comfortable posting my thoughts/opinions here, for the reasons I stated above: there's no instant bickering from some smartass trying to build internet cred. Just real MSU sports discussion from people who actually love State and want to talk MSU sports too.
    Could not agree more. With every bit of this^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    DeSotocountydawg
    Thanks!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    SPS is just asshattery and douchebags for the most part now. It's all ****ing kumbaya and mods imposing their will at this point since the new board started. Don't worry all the Rebs will be back in force running the place once football starts.

vCash
    Thanks Fish, Cadaver! Just calling it like I see it. I don't mind a few Bearz, but letting them rule the roost the way SPS has the last 2-3 years is ridiculous. You can't even make a legit point without "Bruiser to the rescue!!!" And God forbid you actually make fun of them.

I also think SPS has kinda become a victim of its own success in a way. At first it was a place for realistic, but somewhat negative, discussion of MSU. Then it got the rep of being "the negative board" and has attracted all the looney tunes who do nothing but bitch. Sure, SPS has helped point out some flaws at Our State that needed to be addressed. But now a lot of it is just over the top bitching for the sake of bitching. Every rookie GP refugee immediately runs to SPS and the board has suffered as a result.

vCash
    you have to include Tenureplan in that list, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Seshomoru, lasher, etc.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Coach, will you give some insight about the future of this board? What are the failures of six pack that you are taking into account to keep this board successful?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Coach, will you give some insight about the future of this board? What are the failures of six pack that you are taking into account to keep this board successful?
    We are still kicking around ideas. Nothing is set in stone as to where we are headed yet. I think the basis on which the board was founded- a State board for State people- is pretty solid. I think the vbookie addition is fun for people. The political board is doing well and creating some good discussion.

We are also open to ideas. We may not act on them, but listening doesnt hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    allow me to interject the fact that Elitedawgs being started + that fiasco is now the reason Pancake Rabbitt cant edit posts anymore after having that power for 10 years
    I missed this - really?