Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Threadlock on SPS after user objects to Rebel mod editing his posts

vCash
    I think everyone has no trouble identifying the difference between good natured ribbing, lambasting someone who deserved it, and then just outright trying to degrade a person

vCash
    +1

vCash
    I agree with you 100% Filimore. The white collar threats people have gotten are ridiculous.

vCash
    My problem- and maybe I need to post this on sixpack- is that last year after we lost the Governor's Cup, some Ole Miss fan (TCReb I think?) basically was trolling me and saying I was wrong about Cohen and pretty much bashed me, my baseball knowledge (which is fine) and MSU baseball and was being an idiot.

It was a pretty obvious troll and NOTHING was done about it.

And then yet, you have a guy making fun of Ole Miss on a MSU message board and this happens.

vCash
    Well, all you have to do is look at Nafoom and Sixpack. Sixpack will let Rebels from all over come and jump on anyone- but Nafoom bans people damn pretty damn quick. Just a big difference in the way the boards are run.

Myself and others felt like an alternative was needed. And here we are

vCash
    SPS does seem to have evolved into something other than MSU-only in a way that makes long time lurkers like me more reluctant to ask questions or participate beyond reading. There is some great humor there, but the constant personality war can get old.

vCash
    10 years ago it was all about freedom of speech, to be able to openly discuss Mississippi State athletics because Gene didn't allow for it.

vCash
    Several posters over there never have anything to add to a post except to make smart ass comments..(like kurtrambis4 and maddawg)..

vCash
    It is a shame. The pack was once pretty good. But hd can't take a joke and just wants to be known for banning people. I have no problem with anyone else over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    It is a shame. The pack was once pretty good. But hd can't take a joke and just wants to be known for banning people. I have no problem with anyone else over there.
    he's happier than Paul Revere with a cell phone now that I'm gone from over there- he actually matters once again

Banned
    vCash
    hd tries too hard to cultivate this internet bad ass persona, so does derhuntr. I tell all the State fans I know that if they want real discussion about Mississippi State to come here.

vCash

Hey, they're coming. Yes the British.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    he's happier than Paul Revere with a cell phone now that I'm gone from over there- he actually matters once again

nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    hd tries too hard to cultivate this internet bad ass persona, so does derhuntr. I tell all the State fans I know that if they want real discussion about Mississippi State to come here.
    We appreciate it. We'll grow over time- our member list is around 350 and we are getting twice that many visitors per day

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Several posters over there never have anything to add to a post except to make smart ass comments..(like kurtrambis4 and maddawg)..
    Seshomoru, lasher, etc.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fillmore View Post
    I have never understood why MSU boards (6pack and GP) are scared of offending the confederate nation. They have never been afraid to lie about us.
    I remember one of Fat Chuck Roundsaville's buddy's set up this elaborate lie that Jackie cheated to sign Paul Broussard, that Broussard was going to turn Jackie in to the NCAA, that Jackie used mafia contacts to have Broussard murdered and the FBI was closing in on Jackie. It was really sick stuff and Fat Chuck stood by the guy. Another time back in the Rebel Vent days they didn't like my posts on various boards, and they started a long thread trying to find out who I am so they could try to get me fired from my job. They ID'ed some engineer in Brandon and tried to get him fired. I'm no engineer and I've never lived in Brandon.

I say hammer the bears, early and often. They deserve far worse than they have ever received.
    Exactly right, Mr President. It's like the Rebels these past couple of years and their intense hatred of Mullen for waking their asses up and stirring up the rivalry. Sorry, there is NOTHING that Dan can do, and probably not much that any MSU fan can do that is more despicable than the whole XenaReb ordeal. As long as she's alive, she can wave the banner of psycho fan. And, she after all is a REBEL. Obsessed? Oh yes THEY are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Genespage is awesome.

vCash
    DeSotocountydawg

vCash
    "Wooly can't be over 20 and acts like it." What makes you think this? Because I told the guy to "Go find a bucket of turds and stick your face in there"? (Come on man...that's funny).
    No, that is not funny. Not at all.

Would you have thought I was older if instead I told him to "Eat shit and die?"
    Yes.

Or if I told him "I strongly disagree with the position you have taken, and in doing so I reiterate my position that the University of Mississippi's recruiting tactics of sending mass mailings to recruits is ridiculous."
    Yes.

The fact that my post, regardless of content (that was not vulgar, threatening, or offensive) was edited by a Rebel is what led to the discussion. You may feel differently, but I felt it was an issue that needed to be addressed.
    I agree completely. It's bullshit for the mods at SPS to allow a bear to edit a State fan's posts, so that they can win an argument (or for any other reason). And I am glad to know that dawgstudent addressed it appropriately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, all you have to do is look at Nafoom and Sixpack. Sixpack will let Rebels from all over come and jump on anyone- but Nafoom bans people damn pretty damn quick. Just a big difference in the way the boards are run.

Myself and others felt like an alternative was needed. And here we are
    Do you believe this is because of page hits, which equals advertising revenue? Just curious what your's or any others opinion may be as to why a MSU site (or what most would consider one) would openly allow Rebel trolls to roam free.

vCash
    I'll jump in here. I think you guys are doing an awesome job with this board. I posted on SPS for years under 2-3 different names. I never realized OP was a mod, but I must say it makes more sense now as to why he's tolerated over there. And why trolls like Bruiser, DiamondReb, Fat Cheeseburger, and RebelVictory(?) are allowed to run rampant.

You guys are spot on about SPS having become a constant personality pissing contest. Our fearless leader, C34, is a prime example: No matter what he said, half the board was automatically with him, half was automatically against him. It really became ridiculous. HD has lost all sense of humor and become nothing more than a gigantic asshole. There is still good discussion there, but it's becoming harder and harder to find. I see a lot of people here giving Der hell. I really don't understand that. I've never had a problem with Der, and he's always struck me as trying to be fair. Unfortunately, SPS has become such a constant feces slinging contest, it's hard for all the mods trying to do the right thing.

I'm really enjoying this board so far. We've got actually MSU discussion without the bullshit that SPS has generated. We can debate positions and facts without the monkey flinging shit aspect. C34 has some solid info, and we've clearly got some of the best posters from SPS in terms of real sports knowledge. My guess is they feel more inclined to post here because they know their posts won't degenerate into endless bickering and they can actually discuss the topic.

I'd also agree there is still a place for both boards and neither is directly competing with the other. I still occasionally post on SPS and plan to continue, assuming the board doesn't continue to degenerate. But I'll also be frequently posting here, because honestly, I'm more comfortable posting my thoughts/opinions here, for the reasons I stated above: there's no instant bickering from some smartass trying to build internet cred. Just real MSU sports discussion from people who actually love State and want to talk MSU sports too.