Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OM's NCAA "Bombshell" story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUMatt View Post
    Steve, not disputing what you are saying. I heard everything you said but only it wasn't a hotel. So there must be something to it.
    It's all good. I thought you meant I said bank. I haven't heard bank but it wouldn't shock me if they tried to get something from a bank too.

vCash
    Steve, not disputing what you are saying. I heard everything you said but only it wasn't a hotel. So there must be something to it.
    It's all good. I thought you meant I said bank. I haven't heard bank but it wouldn't shock me if they tried to get something from a bank too.

vCash

OM's NCAA "Bombshell" story

Many of you have seen this been insinuated and hinted at. Let me let y'all in on what it is. When NCAA investigator, Mike Sheridan I think, was looking in to OM he took a close look at Dante Moncrief's recruitment. They basically found nothing. One avenue they explored was hotel stays for Moncrief and his father. NCAA investigator calls up a hotel he knows the Moncriefs stay at and says something along the lines of "Hey, I'm getting an expense report for Mr. Moncrief and need a log of all his stays at the hotel". Hotel manager assumes he works for Mr. Moncrief and prepares said report and sends it in. To the NCAA that is. Now nothing came of this and Moncrief's recruitment and is not a part of anything listed in either NOA. What OM is claiming to be explosive and shows the NCAA is biased and unethical is that the NCAA investigator did not inform hotel management who he was. It's damn near the same thing that happened at the dealership with loaner cars. The NCAA calls places and ask for records and you don't have to give them anything. This mishap is 100% on the hotel manager who filled the request.

vCash
    There's a couple of problems with that bombshell.
    1) Show me the NCAA bylaw that states that the NCAA has to inform all parties about the investigation.
    2) OM has to prove the NCAA investigator did not identify themselves and it's hard to prove a negative.
    3) If it wasn't included in the NOA OM will have a hard time proving any damages caused.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Neal talked about this on his podcast a couple of weeks back. It never even showed up in the NOA's and UM isn't being charged for anything regarding Moncrief's recruitment, so I'm not really sure how this would be considered a bombshell to the NCAA case.

Banned
    vCash
    I guess they are trying to say or do what Johnnie Cochran did to Mark Fuhrman in the OJ case. Say he used the "N" word before and say that makes him racist so he must have planted and manipulated the evidence against OJ. Instead of defending the accused you focus on discrediting everyone else involved in the case. Deny and deflect. Anyone see a pattern here?!

vCash
    Have these people never watched a single procedural cop or PI show on TV?? How do they think investigators get information? They take advantage of people's honesty. What the NCAA did - because they do not have to meet the same legalities as the DA or the police - is no different then a someone hiring a a PI to find out who someone is sleeping with. They gather evidence that allows them to show a pattern. You may not like it, but I sure it is probably pretty close to how someone found out about our player not paying for tires (was that Taite?).

vCash
    Dang, NCAA. It doesn't take that much effort to find an infraction on Moncrief

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Dang, NCAA. It doesn't take that much effort to find an infraction on Moncrief

I bet it wasn't as "super" as the 2013 party. He probably didn't even have any hookers.

vCash
    That's really the NCAA's only hope to get info like that. They dont have subpoena power.

When I worked in commodities, we often made calls like this to find out intel that we would otherwise have to go to court to find out.

vCash
    You sure it was a bank and not a hotel and the guy wasn't posing as a relative? Not trolling but that's what I've heard.
    Last edited by MSUMatt; 07-24-2017 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    Man! I wish someone would get Jackie Sherrill on camera and get him to make a comment about this perceived unethical practice by the NCAA.

vCash
    Theybdid that to State during the investigation. Walked in and cornered people and made them think they had no choice but to sit down with them. They act like they're the FBI or something. They have no legal authority whatsoever. However, if someone doesn't call them on it and plays their game, that's it. They have what they need.

vCash
    You sure it was a bank and not a hotel and the guy wasn't posing as a relative? Not trolling but that's what I've heard.
    Where in the world did you get bank?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Many of you have seen this been insinuated and hinted at. Let me let y'all in on what it is. When NCAA investigator, Mike Sheridan I think, was looking in to OM he took a close look at Dante Moncrief's recruitment. They basically found nothing. One avenue they explored was hotel stays for Moncrief and his father. NCAA investigator calls up a hotel he knows the Moncriefs stay at and says something along the lines of "Hey, I'm getting an expense report for Mr. Moncrief and need a log of all his stays at the hotel". Hotel manager assumes he works for Mr. Moncrief and prepares said report and sends it in. To the NCAA that is. Now nothing came of this and Moncrief's recruitment and is not a part of anything listed in either NOA. What OM is claiming to be explosive and shows the NCAA is biased and unethical is that the NCAA investigator did not inform hotel management who he was. It's damn near the same thing that happened at the dealership with loaner cars. The NCAA calls places and ask for records and you don't have to give them anything. This mishap is 100% on the hotel manager who filled the request.
    Makes me want to call the University Inn and ask for records...

vCash
    That was what was being floated by his camp.

vCash
    That was what was being floated by his camp.
    Ask them the identity of the blonde lady in the hotel in the mini gown in AJ Brown's Snapchat photo from crootin weekend. She looked a lot older than a college girl.

vCash
    I think ole miss went into this latest cheat fest and turned it up to full blast because they saw what happened between the NCAA and Miami and the ncaa and cam. They thought if they did get caught, they could out litigate the NCAA with their army of ambulance chasers.

vCash
    What happened was..

We were getting a lot better. They had to do something. At the time, the NCAA hadn't shown they had any teeth. The new penalty matrix didn't exist. They figured winning big would be worth whatever paltry punishment there could be for cheating.

We are about to find out if that was a good bet or a bad bet.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You may not like it, but I sure it is probably pretty close to how someone found out about our player not paying for tires (was that Taite?).
    Kevin Fant our starting QB got suspended the day before the @Oregon game for having his tires paid for (which he later paid that day himself). We then proceeded to get ass-raped by Oregon the next day 36-13.