Thread: It Now All Makes Sense.....

vCash

It Now All Makes Sense.....

You know, I finally get it.

I finally fully understand why they lied the entire time & why no one was fired.

I fully now understand why they have behaved the way they have behaved.

Getting caught lying was worth the risk. It was worth every damn tall tale they told.

Why? Because the truth was so horrid, so damning, & so career ending anyway that what difference would it make if they were caught lying?

Again, lots of stuff hasn't made sense over the past 5 years, but this finally does.

I completely & fully understand why OM has acted the way they have acted & everyone else should now as well.

vCash
    To me the way they were acting only made sense in one case and one case only: That there was something so horrible that hadn't come out yet that going to any length to keep it from coming out was the only option. I 'm not sure it's out yet........but I think it's getting close.

Banned
    vCash
    This OM shit is giving me flashbacks to True Detective season 1. Who are all the dudes wearing masks? Uncover all of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This OM shit is giving me flashbacks to True Detective season 1. Who are all the dudes wearing masks? Uncover all of them
    I was thinking the first season of House of Cards - so many "no Fn way" moments where the person in charge chooses the least moral option every single time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    To me the way they were acting only made sense in one case and one case only: That there was something so horrible that hadn't come out yet that going to any length to keep it from coming out was the only option. I 'm not sure it's out yet........but I think it's getting close.
    Yeah we cannot get sidetracked by the Freeze is a perv, wife cheating creep, and forget about the Network and the systemic cheating around the NCAA cases. This is what OM hopes we do so thy can blame Freeze for everything. Stay focused!

vCash
    They lie because they know that the way that they are cheating is wrong but they also know that's the only way that they can be what they want to be or think that they should be.

I think on some level at least they are taught that "everyone is doing it" and the big thing to do is just deny everything. I'm pretty sure that goes back to the Vaught days and it has just gotten passed down through the years. The thing that hasn't dawned on them is IF everyone else is cheating just the same, why didn't Tunsil, Treadwell, and Nkemdiche just go to Alabama because if everything including the cheating is equal, then they're going to choose the best place to get them to the NFL and develop them? Not the place that has a head coach with no track record of player development and runs a high school offense.

And if they get caught cheating, they're solution is to just lie and try to weather the storm by adding good enough players that they can minimize damage when the hammer drops. That's why they have been supporting Freeze and their Network the entire time.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 07-23-2017 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    The horror ,the horror...
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    My dad was recruited by OM in 1958 (he was an all-state fullback) and has told me that after he checked into the dorm on his visit, a girl he didn't know called him to "go out with her." He has never said anything more than that he didn't go and he ended his recruitment, and I've never forced any further uncomfortable conversation. He only references this experience in occasional discussions of unethical recruiting in Oxford. He makes it clear that the use of seduction as a recruiting technique at OM goes back at least to Vaught.

Presumably she was a willing participant, but alas, her amateur or professional status is a mystery for the ages.

vCash
    "Oh, the humanity!",,,,,,,as it comes down in flames.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    It makes sense that ole miss would put Luke as interim. He was the only holdover from the Nutt era and was in the thick of it with Freeze, even was mentioned in the NOA. That culture will remain the same.