Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Briarcrest People Are Starting to Speak Up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I'm no Freeze lover, and am glad he is gone, but why did none of these 'victims' speak out publicly before now? Reminds me of all the media folks who loved him now picking his bones.

He's done. He is what we, State fans, knew he was all along. We don't need people now piling on to verify it
    But it sure is fun to watch.

vCash
    I'm no Freeze lover, and am glad he is gone, but why did none of these 'victims' speak out publicly before now? Reminds me of all the media folks who loved him now picking his bones.

He's done. He is what we, State fans, knew he was all along. We don't need people now piling on to verify it
    I agree 100% with you about piling on Freeze. He's done.

I think all this is about putting all the pieces of the puzzle together in order to expose OM's latest coverup.

In doing that, piling on Freeze is kind of collateral damage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    That's when Elitedawgs was "crazy."
    When???

vCash

Do you really need to ask this? Intimidation, fear of being ostracized, apathy if nothing was done about previous cases, etc. Lots of these people were high school age girls in a religious school when these things happened. Most of them have probably wanted to forget these things happened.

vCash
    There have been rumors for years, so it's not like this is totally out of left field.

Kinda like Bill Cosby. He had a bunch of public accusers for decades, but no one really paid attention, until all of a sudden people did.

vCash

Literally the victims said they DID report it and nothing was done. At Briarcrest anyway.

vCash
    Do we have something a little like a Bill Cosby situation on our hands?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    Literally the victims said they DID report it and nothing was done. At Briarcrest anyway.
    This!!! The victims clearly stated that they did report it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    And that is going to open another can of worms. This could go nuclear very quickly.

Banned
    vCash
    Deleted....spiderman beat me to the punch

vCash
    Rumor from up the Pearl River this weekend about a 12 pack in to my budlites some guy, I have no clue who he was, was saying to be looking for an alienation of affection lawsuit to be news shortly from the hubby of the woman Freeze was having an affair with. I'm not sure if this dude was just blowing smoke to try to be cool or actually has something. But since rumors are encouraged
    Last edited by whosyourdawgy; 07-23-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They reported it to Briarcrest officials. All accounts are they didn't report it to law enforcement. Or on facebook or to the press back in 2005 when he was first hired as an OM assistant. Or 5 years after that when he got the Arkansas State job.

None of this is to say these accounts were falsified. Quite the contrary. I'm saying if these things happened and they affected these individuals lives, they should have screamed it from the rooftops like they are doing now when it happened. He got countlesss opportunities to repeat his behavior (arguably even more often due to having increased power) by it not reaching the level it should have when it happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    They reported it to Briarcrest officials. All accounts are they didn't report it to law enforcement. Or on facebook or to the press back in 2005 when he was first hired as an OM assistant. Or 5 years after that when he got the Arkansas State job.

None of this is to say these accounts were falsified. Quite the contrary. I'm saying if these things happened and they affected these individuals lives, they should have screamed it from the rooftops like they are doing now when it happened. He got countlesss opportunities to repeat his behavior (arguably even more often due to having increased power) by it not reaching the level it should have when it happened.
    When a something happens to a teenager and they report it to people who should take steps to remedy the problems, and those people sweep it under the rug, then it's easy to get disheartened and feel like no one cares and it's you against the world. Nevermind that being a teenager, especially a teenage girl, and having your sex life publicly scrutinized might be the most horrific thing one could imagine.

vCash

You should watch the movie "Spotlight" for a better understanding of why victims wait so long or in some cases never come forward. There are a lot of parallels in that movie to the Briarcrest and ole miss situations. The ends justifies the means and protect the institution (insert church, high school or university's football program) at all costs.

I've never understood that philosophy but it is amazing how many people in high places are complicit in these things.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TippyToe_Dawg View Post
    You should watch the movie "Spotlight" for a better understanding of why victims wait so long or in some cases never come forward. There are a lot of parallels in that movie to the Briarcrest and ole miss situations. The ends justifies the means and protect the institution (insert church, high school or university's football program) at all costs.

I've never understood that philosophy but it is amazing how many people in high places are complicit in these things.
    I've seen Spotlight. I'm not saying I don't understand the mentality of the victims. Its perfectly logical. What I don't get is blasting it out to the world on facebook and message boards AFTER Freeze gets shitcanned for an alleged sex scandal (and I say "alleged" because I still don't think he was getting hookers for himself, and that has since been backed up by other independent sources).

Why wait until now to make it public? They afraid of OM lawyers threatening them? That is what I'm getting at. Because the truth is the truth. If it happened there is no shame and the truth is the ultimate defense. I just wish they had cone out sooner. I don't think that is an unreasonable stance.

Banned
    vCash
    I've seen Spotlight. I'm not saying I don't understand the mentality of the victims. Its perfectly logical. What I don't get is blasting it out to the world on facebook and message boards AFTER Freeze gets shitcanned for an alleged sex scandal (and I say "alleged" because I still don't think he was getting hookers for himself, and that has since been backed up by other independent sources).

Why wait until now to make it public? They afraid of OM lawyers threatening them? That is what I'm getting at. Because the truth is the truth. If it happened there is no shame and the truth is the ultimate defense. I just wish they had cone out sooner. I don't think that is an unreasonable stance.
    Safety in numbers is the answer to your question. Before it'd be just one of them standing up alone taking a public stance against a very popular public figure in amongst all of their peers so they would expect public shaming and a system that has proven to fail them already with this. Now it's many and they feel comfort being able to step forward when they aren't alone. It appears people will support them now when before their story would be cast aside and they could be facing fractured relationships in their community from it.

vCash

Easier to speak up when you don't feel alone.

vCash
    The admin had to know all of this crap! One has to wonder if they would have stuck with Freeze if the Nutt lawsuit had not brought out the phone records. My bet is all the way to the end!
    After all, Archie did say we have our guy....
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    The admin had to know all of this crap! One has to wonder if they would have stuck with Freeze if the Nutt lawsuit had not brought out the phone records. My bet is all the way to the end!
    After all, Archie did say we have our guy....

It must have been hidden better than we think b/c Arkansas State hired him too, and Nambuth(sp)?

vCash

It would take a lot of guts to be the first person to come out with how Hugh Freeze sexually harassed or assaulted a teenage girl. Especially when he has the reputation as the most "Christian" head coach in football which is the PR image he cultivated. I am sure most just think if no one believed them and swept it under a rug when he was just some high school coach, there would be no chance of getting someone to believe them now. They are probably coming out with it now because people will actually listen and possibly believe them.