Thread: Need a lawyer to answer this

vCash

Need a lawyer to answer this

What chance is there to sue 2 reporters for having sources and reporting a story, that is true, successfully?

In no way did either, especially Forde, ever say one thing against RR.

I would think the 1st amendment would have a ton of precedent in a case like this.

Again, RR is filing the law suit OM so desperately wishes they could, imo, and are using RR to do that
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    No chance. RR has cast a wide net and will dismiss everyone but MSU.

Banned
    vCash
    They're really wanting this investigator too, so they may not dismiss him. But, like I said earlier, I doubt any deposition place before the COI or season. I would be supremely shocked.

vCash
    How do you define success?

I think success in this case isn't actually winning the case, but rather having the opportunity to depose the accused in an effort to reveal information that will help OM in it's case vs the NCAA

vCash
    Not a lawyer, but press and their sources enjoy a high level of protection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    They're really wanting this investigator too, so they may not dismiss him. But, like I said earlier, I doubt any deposition place before the COI or season. I would be supremely shocked.
    Just curious??? How long can one post pone a deposition???? I know of a case the the plaintiff was deposed 5 years later.

vCash
    The problem with this case is that they are saying they all conspired against them. RR is the organization that committed the violations. So it literally doesn't matter if they conspired against them or not. All of those people could have talked about setting RR up, but not only is that not illegal, but in the end, if the information regarding what they did is true, you can't sue for the truth being defamatory.

This is just dumb all around. The only way they have a case is if someone lied. We all know they didn't and that RR committed the violations and they are just throwing darts because they are done anyways. In no way will anyone lose a job, go to jail, get suspended, or anything like that. It's just really dumb.