Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What are the chances we get AJ Brown back?

vCash
    Hell no!!!!! It would kill team chemistry if we brought him in and played him ahead of the guys we recruited and wanted to be here.
    I would rather lose with our guys than win with there's!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Surely your kidding. You're going to pass complete judgement on a high school kid for shooting his mouth off on social media? Unreal.
    Some of us pick up on things much quicker than others.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.
    I'll judge Shitbag off of what I saw, read, heard, interpreted myself with my own eyes/ears/brain and what I saw is a gigantic ego wrapped bag of shit & cancer. If he is feeling sorry for himself go play minor league baseball for the Padres or go to a different school where the team and half the fanbase doesn't already hate his guts. It's not like we didn't try to warn him a thousand times over. Had he taken his 315K and been humble and polite towards State fans, players and even our HC that I would have no problems welcoming him in. He didn't do that at all though. Dude was talking shit about Mullen on top of all the other shit he was saying about our fans and some of our players. He is not welcome on this team ever.

vCash
    This thread explains why you can't let fans and boosters run a program by remote control. OM was taking every merc and renegade transfer they could get their slimey hands on and now they are paying the price. If you're value system says "win at all costs" soon you will have to pay the cost.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    That's what I have from an inside source. He declares that AJ is a great kid that was offered 315K to play college football & would've been dumb to not accept it.
    Boy, this attitude is so much of what is wrong with our American culture today. I mean a guy that just accepts a full ride scholarship plus his stipend to play for the school he wants to play for and turns down 315K from another school that is recruiting him against the rules, and oh that by the way already has an NCAA NOA in hand, is considered "dumb"? There are things like honor, ethics and values that factor in for some people's decisions in life, a shame that they are so few and far between these days. The real pot of gold for a highly ranked recruit is finding a place that can make him into an attractive pro prospect. Its no coincidence that a lot of the guys selling themselves to the highest bidder have the character of a CJ Johnson or an AJ Brown.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 07-22-2017 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Zero!

But let me address the underlying assertion all of these questions are built on. Some of you think "this 2017 MSU team has deficiencies that would be solved by just one or two transfers". While I understand the fantasy I want to caution you. Yes, I know that Brandon Hodges is supposed to sign any day now and single handily make our OL formidable. But remember Brandon Maye?

One player very seldom changes very much about a team unless they are a QB or star RB. Plus, transferring players can upset locker room morale or delay the development of other players. For every guy that comes in and immediately becomes the starter there were two or three players who were working their arse off for that spot. What I'm saying is avoid the quick fixes. That's what got OM in trouble.

Before there was a Big 3 in 2013 for OM they were grabbing Masoli and any other transfer they could hep. Let Mullen build the team the right way. Our coaching staff is already doing a better job recruiting and the OM fallout is just beginning.
    Ummmm...no. Brandon maye didn't make a difference because he wasn't good. Like a lot of grad transfers, he was transferring for playing time. A good LB would have plugged a huge hole for us that year. Brandon hodges is the same deal, except whereas we always have an adequate lb to plung in, we may not at right tackle, and he should be at least adequate.

You take an above average talent and use that to replace the weak link on a team, especially teams in the top 12-30, who often have one glaring weakness, and that will make a huge difference for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Boy, this attitude is so much of what is wrong with our American culture today. I mean a guy that just accepts a full ride scholarship plus his stipend to play for the school he wants to play for and turns down 315K from another school that is recruiting him against the rules, and oh that by the way already has an NCAA NOA in hand, is considered "dumb"? There are things like honor, ethics and values that factor in for some people's decisions in life, a shame that they are so few and far between these days. The real pot of gold for a highly ranked recruit is finding a place that can make him into an attractive pro prospect. Its no coincidence that a lot of the guys selling themselves to the highest bidder have the character of a CJ Johnson or an AJ Brown.
    Not disagreeing with you at all, but that's the reality of the situation from impartial, non-biased people

vCash
    Luke 15:21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
    Luke 15:22 And the father replied, ‘GTFO of here shitbird - you had your chance and blew it,’ and he never heard from the son again.

Banned
    vCash
    AJ burnt his bridge. He knows that, and so do we.

vCash
    Here's my honest yet likely unpopular take on the situation:

- Their is zero chance he ever wears MSU's jersey.

- That being said, I don't know the kid but do know people that know him very well. My friend, due to the position he is in, asked AJ straight to his face what he got from OM & AJ told him 315K. That being said, my friend, who has absolutely no bias in this situation, due to being from another part of the country, says that AJ is a really good kid & basically made the point that what reasonable person would turn down $315 K to play college football? He said, if you go around Starkville HS & ask the teachers about AJ, they will tell you that he is a great kid.

That's what I have from an inside source. He declares that AJ is a great kid that was offered 315K to play college football & would've been dumb to not accept it.

Take that for what it's worth. I want to demonize AJ as well, but my source is a really good authority on this that I trust. Again, he has ZERO bias.
    It's not that the take is unpopular, it's that it's implausible . I'm not polyannish enough to say he only got a few bucks either. The 315 k figure should have tipped you off that your friend was being teased or was teasing you.

AJ's personality is a match with the culture around the om football program for the last 3 years. What he got improperly is certainly a matter of discussion, but those of us near him in Starkville knew that he did genuinely like the idea of playing there.

He wanted to go there. Of course that has nothing to do with what OM did to entice him.

vCash
    I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.
    I don't believe for 1 minute OM paid his ass $315,000. I'm like Cruise, "Show me the money"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    I don't believe for 1 minute OM paid his ass $315,000. I'm like Cruise, "Show me the money"
    That's AJ's words Timmy buddy. Not mine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Breck Tyler played for both teams back in the 70's
    Breck Tyler also got broken in half by Rob Fesmire in the Egg Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Ummmm...no. Brandon maye didn't make a difference because he wasn't good. Like a lot of grad transfers, he was transferring for playing time. A good LB would have plugged a huge hole for us that year. Brandon hodges is the same deal, except whereas we always have an adequate lb to plung in, we may not at right tackle, and he should be at least adequate.

You take an above average talent and use that to replace the weak link on a team, especially teams in the top 12-30, who often have one glaring weakness, and that will make a huge difference for them.
    What happens when the entire team is pissed off because they actually had faith in that 2nd team WR and they begin the believe that the coaching staff doesn't have faith in them and will sell them out for the next hot transfer? If we were talking about widgets in a factory I would agree. But we are talking about young men who can be emotional. Recruit and develop is the way to go. Free agents seldom succeed in CFB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    What happens when the entire team is pissed off because they actually had faith in that 2nd team WR and they begin the believe that the coaching staff doesn't have faith in them and will sell them out for the next hot transfer? If we were talking about widgets in a factory I would agree. But we are talking about young men who can be emotional. Recruit and develop is the way to go. Free agents seldom succeed in CFB.
    Well when you go into the season with only 78 scholarship players you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to start with. You can tell a grad transfer whatever he wants to hear but when push comes to shove during the season you are going to play the best guy.

vCash

I would guess most of their quality stars are looking at options about now...

Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    He ain't coming to State. He had his chance and burned every bridge in the process.
    Why wouldn't they, facing the program as it is now. They will now spin the new interim coach into a great fit, and he very well may be, while they quietly feel out every available big name in America. I wonder if they will have the same superstar search committee that found Coach Freeze ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well when you go into the season with only 78 scholarship players you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to start with. You can tell a grad transfer whatever he wants to hear but when push comes to shove during the season you are going to play the best guy.
    And then he goes and tells everyone he can that the coaches are lying sacks of sh!t. And if he is really feeling vengeful about a program that lied to him about his limited amount of college eligibility he might even allow his playbook to get lost and be found by some other team.

Being shady isn't the way. OM tried that experiment and we are looking at the results. Keep taking HS and JuCo kids with the best blend of talent and character that you can get. Coach them up the best you can and be content with your work and your impact on young men's lives. "Life champions" if you will.**** ijk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Luke 15:21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’
    Luke 15:22 And the father replied, ‘GTFO of here shitbird - you had your chance and blew it,’ and he never heard from the son again.
    I'm sorry and I know its wrong, but this made me laugh......a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    then there was Darius Brown, now head coach at Callaway. He signed with UM out of HS. Left after his frosh year and transferred to JC and then signed w/MSU afterwards. He's not a player but Dudy Noble coached at UM before coming to MSU.
    We had a baseball player a few (or several) years ago who transferred from OM to State. Played decent for us and I think played well against OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Haha, I lol'd.