Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the chances we get AJ Brown back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I think he would be bad for the locker room environment plus we are gaining traction on some good WR's. Let him have his 315k and a series of 3-4 win seasons. He turned his back on his home town and talked shit directly about MSU and the coaching staff publicly. No. That being said there are some good athletes that are actually good people that I would accept at MSU. But I don't have a say in all that.
    Agree, and plus I've heard others talking about how his $315k may make him inelligble when the hammer drops. But I question that as to why wouldn't the ncaa have already pulled the plug on his playing career if they were aware of his $315k recruiting inducement.

As a Bulldog, he turned his back on wearing maroon when he chose TCUN so I don't want him now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    EliteDawgs logic:

1) OMG our WR recruiting is so terrible. That's gonna be our Achilles heel this year.

Okay, so what if I told you there was a talented receiver from Starkville who could help us big time? He might need some attitude adjustments, but it's nothing Mullen hasn't dealt with before.

2) Nah, 17 that shitbird.

Addendum: big egos are part of big-time recruiting. And receivers are the worst. If we want to land big-time receivers, this is something we're gonna have to deal with, AJ or not.
    LOL, exactly.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Why wouldn't you guys want a player that could objectively help our team win games?

You guys are too emotional about it. I am as well, but, if he were to redshirt for a year, make amends, be a good teammate, & work hard, I just don't see the downside.

Again, ain't happening & I don't particulary like the guy, but the first time he scored in maroon & white, I'd cheer
    Objectively, he is more of a possession receiver that lacks top end speed to get open against the Bama's and LSU's of the world without playing in a Playstation offense that lets you send OL downfield on passing plays and run infinite bubble screens. He also lacks the size to be a guy that can go up and get it like Derunnya or Alshon Jeffrey or someone like that. He is a very good college receiver, but not some elite NFL prospect. He's probably the 3rd best at OM right now, to put it in perspective. Not worth the drama and headaches that he created by himself to let him on the squad. He ain't that good.

ETA: He would have to sit a year in 2018 and wouldn't be able to play until 2019, so the "but we have no receivers!!!!" argument holds no water. We'll have Heath, Murphy, and maybe more guys on board by then.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 07-22-2017 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    Just give me DK Metcalf. He's better anyways.

vCash
    I heard that he actually reached out to us not long ago and was politely told to go 17 himself. I hope this is true.

vCash
    Here's my honest yet likely unpopular take on the situation:

- Their is zero chance he ever wears MSU's jersey.

- That being said, I don't know the kid but do know people that know him very well. My friend, due to the position he is in, asked AJ straight to his face what he got from OM & AJ told him 315K. That being said, my friend, who has absolutely no bias in this situation, due to being from another part of the country, says that AJ is a really good kid & basically made the point that what reasonable person would turn down $315 K to play college football? He said, if you go around Starkville HS & ask the teachers about AJ, they will tell you that he is a great kid.

That's what I have from an inside source. He declares that AJ is a great kid that was offered 315K to play college football & would've been dumb to not accept it.

Take that for what it's worth. I want to demonize AJ as well, but my source is a really good authority on this that I trust. Again, he has ZERO bias.
    Well tell your friend who to turn in any compliance issues.

vCash
    It doesn't really matter what I think so I'll try to take my emotions out of it and just say that I trust Coach Mullen to make the right decision on any transfer who may have some issues. The thing about AJ Brown or any other SEC caliber transfer is that if they don't play for us they will probably play against us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Zero!

But let me address the underlying assertion all of these questions are built on. Some of you think "this 2017 MSU team has deficiencies that would be solved by just one or two transfers". While I understand the fantasy I want to caution you. Yes, I know that Brandon Hodges is supposed to sign any day now and single handily make our OL formidable. But remember Brandon Maye?

One player very seldom changes very much about a team unless they are a QB or star RB. Plus, transferring players can upset locker room morale or delay the development of other players. For every guy that comes in and immediately becomes the starter there were two or three players who were working their arse off for that spot. What I'm saying is avoid the quick fixes. That's what got OM in trouble.

Before there was a Big 3 in 2013 for OM they were grabbing Masoli and any other transfer they could hep. Let Mullen build the team the right way. Our coaching staff is already doing a better job recruiting and the OM fallout is just beginning.
    This post has reason to it and it is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well tell your friend who to turn in any compliance issues.
    Come on man.

Why would he do that? Why would he care?

To him, a kid got 315K & good for him. He couldn't care less about AJ's football career.

vCash
    If here were willing to come back here & redshirt for year, keep his mouth shut, & be a good teammate, then I'd consider taking him. That said, it ain't happening
    This is pretty much where I stand. We definitely need a player like him. If he was able to come in hat in hand, work hard and earn the respect of the team, then I'd love to see us take him. And I'd hate to see us turn him away and then have him go be a star at Auburn or something like that. All that said, I agree that it's not going to happen.

Banned
    vCash
    Why wouldn't you guys want a player that could objectively help our team win games?

You guys are too emotional about it. I am as well, but, if he were to redshirt for a year, make amends, be a good teammate, & work hard, I just don't see the downside.

Again, ain't happening & I don't particulary like the guy, but the first time he scored in maroon & white, I'd cheer
    Other than him being a total bag of shit and cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it nah there's no downside at all to letting the gigantic ego wrapped bag of shit and cancer play for us. Oh and half our team wants to rip his ****ing head off already. Nope no downside at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Breck Tyler played for both teams back in the 70's
    Wow I had forgotten about that....his Dad was coach at State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This "good kid" acted like a jackass on twitter so no, he's not a good kid.
    Surely your kidding. You're going to pass complete judgement on a high school kid for shooting his mouth off on social media? Unreal.

vCash

+1

Banned
    vCash
    If we are going to add a WR let it be the Oregon starter or bring Fred Brown back. Those two don't have the entire team hating them already and half the fanbase like Ego Bag o Shit & Cancer AJ Brown does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Other than him being a total bag of shit and cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it nah there's no downside at all to letting the gigantic ego wrapped bag of shit and cancer play for us. Oh and half our team wants to rip his ****ing head off already. Nope no downside at all.
    I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.

vCash
    I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.
    Ehh, I'm a huge State fan and I wouldn't turn down $315k to play at State for free.

vCash
    I'd take a reincarnation of Gene Jelks or Cam Newton or Peyton Manning if I thought they'd act right and help my team...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Do.

Not.

Want.

He can go kick rocks somewhere.

Head Elitedawg Croot Reporter
    vCash
    He is he exact same played as Treadwell. Unless our entire passing game is gonna be bubble screans and go routes, he would be lost. When the Vikings tried to run the route tree with Treadwell, he had zero clue what what was.

As far as attitude, this kid shit on our university in Starkville. On signing day. In front of everyone. Tells me all I need to know. And if he came to Msu he would have all the same impact as BJ Hammond. Including getting his ass whipped at practice daily. Didn't want him in recruiting. Don't want him now. Send him down and let Hud have that headache