Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the chances we get AJ Brown back?

vCash
    I think he would be bad for the locker room environment plus we are gaining traction on some good WR's. Let him have his 315k and a series of 3-4 win seasons. He turned his back on his home town and talked shit directly about MSU and the coaching staff publicly. No. That being said there are some good athletes that are actually good people that I would accept at MSU. But I don't have a say in all that.

vCash
    I've heard through the grapevine he's asked to come play for us and Mullen told him don't let the door hit you on the way out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I've heard through the grapevine he's asked to come play for us and Mullen told him don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I hope this is true. People forget the shit he talked on twitter and in articles about State and State's coaches.

vCash
    Better chance of Jerry Rice catching a pass for msu. Then AJ Brown playing for state

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I hope this is true. People forget the shit he talked on twitter and in articles about State and State's coaches.
    Most in this thread haven't forgotten

vCash
    Breck Tyler played for both teams back in the 70's

vCash
    Never heard of her

vCash
    I'd take him then put his butt on the bench for the rest of his college career.

vCash
    Zero!

But let me address the underlying assertion all of these questions are built on. Some of you think "this 2017 MSU team has deficiencies that would be solved by just one or two transfers". While I understand the fantasy I want to caution you. Yes, I know that Brandon Hodges is supposed to sign any day now and single handily make our OL formidable. But remember Brandon Maye?

One player very seldom changes very much about a team unless they are a QB or star RB. Plus, transferring players can upset locker room morale or delay the development of other players. For every guy that comes in and immediately becomes the starter there were two or three players who were working their arse off for that spot. What I'm saying is avoid the quick fixes. That's what got OM in trouble.

Before there was a Big 3 in 2013 for OM they were grabbing Masoli and any other transfer they could hep. Let Mullen build the team the right way. Our coaching staff is already doing a better job recruiting and the OM fallout is just beginning.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    If here were willing to come back here & redshirt for year, keep his mouth shut, & be a good teammate, then I'd consider taking him. That said, it ain't happening

He wouldn't even be eligible to play here in 2017, so what the downside of making him redshirt & play on the practice squad for a year?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-22-2017 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    He burned bridges with our coaching sfaff and I don't foresee them being built back. I agree with some others.... He can play somwhere else or stay at OM.. His call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Zero.....but it brings up an interesting question, has any player ever worn both a rebel uniform and a State uniform?
    Either Todd4State or Shotgun mentioned a player in reply to something I said in another thread. We've had productive transfers from Ole Miss before.

FWIW, I'm all for taking AJ. I'll take that Oregon receiver too. Long story short: we have the second best head coach in the SEC. Probably a top 5 coaching staff overall. The only piece missing is better talent. Mullen is going into what, his ninth season here? If there's ever been a time to turn the page, it's now, with OM reeling from everything. Pedal to the floor on recruiting, and getting transfers (graduate or otherwise) who bring up the talent in the locker room. Some of these takes will be risky, but I trust Dan to keep the culture solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    If here were willing to come back here & redshirt for year, keep his mouth shut, & be a good teammate, then I'd consider taking him. That said, it ain't happening
    This.

It's dumb to suggest, I think, that we are unequivocally not interested in him. If he learned some humility, and would be a good teammate, he can play in Maroon and White. But also agreeing with Shotgun here: don't think that's happening.

vCash
    He ain't coming to State. He had his chance and burned every bridge in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Zero.....but it brings up an interesting question, has any player ever worn both a rebel uniform and a State uniform?
    Breck Tyler, Bob Tyler's son.

Banned
    vCash
    Get him back??? We never even came close to having him in the first place. He was never even considering MSU. Was Bama bound before OM upped the stakes late.

vCash

There's been a couple I can think of. Breck Tyler transferred from MSU to UM and

then there was Darius Brown, now head coach at Callaway. He signed with UM out of HS. Left after his frosh year and transferred to JC and then signed w/MSU afterwards. He's not a player but Dudy Noble coached at UM before coming to MSU.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 07-22-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Why wouldn't you guys want a player that could objectively help our team win games?

You guys are too emotional about it. I am as well, but, if he were to redshirt for a year, make amends, be a good teammate, & work hard, I just don't see the downside.

Again, ain't happening & I don't particulary like the guy, but the first time he scored in maroon & white, I'd cheer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yeah, this is why Shotgun's friend is wrong. This "good kid" acted like a jackass on twitter so no, he's not a good kid. He made the correct college choice. He's a perfect fit in oxford.

vCash
    EliteDawgs logic:

1) OMG our WR recruiting is so terrible. That's gonna be our Achilles heel this year.

Okay, so what if I told you there was a talented receiver from Starkville who could help us big time? He might need some attitude adjustments, but it's nothing Mullen hasn't dealt with before.

2) Nah, 17 that shitbird.

Addendum: big egos are part of big-time recruiting. And receivers are the worst. If we want to land big-time receivers, this is something we're gonna have to deal with, AJ or not.