Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What are the chances we get AJ Brown back?

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Here's my honest yet likely unpopular take on the situation:

- Their is zero chance he ever wears MSU's jersey.

- That being said, I don't know the kid but do know people that know him very well. My friend, due to the position he is in, asked AJ straight to his face what he got from OM & AJ told him 315K. That being said, my friend, who has absolutely no bias in this situation, due to being from another part of the country, says that AJ is a really good kid & basically made the point that what reasonable person would turn down $315 K to play college football? He said, if you go around Starkville HS & ask the teachers about AJ, they will tell you that he is a great kid.

That's what I have from an inside source. He declares that AJ is a great kid that was offered 315K to play college football & would've been dumb to not accept it.

Take that for what it's worth. I want to demonize AJ as well, but my source is a really good authority on this that I trust. Again, he has ZERO bias.
    The only thing AJ will play is baseball when this mess is over. There is much to this story. Coach Mullen knows the story also.... He should never be allowed to play college D1 ball... His career should be over.... if the NCAA did there job correctly. Signing day 2016 at SHS was nasty. He tweeted tweets that where uncalled for and just plain dumb. Was even called into the office concerning the mess. For a young man to post that "the white girls at Om are more beautiful than at MSU" (paraphrased). I lost all respect for him.. and that post was mild compared to some others. He was at OM the weekend before signing day. So why doesn't the NCAA ask him about the parties...... FYI- He had never stepped foot on the campus at OM before..... If Dan takes him at MSU. I will have a long conversation with Mr. BB in compliance for sure....

vCash
    Wow, I can't believe some of you are full fledged

MSU is not as pathetic and as unattractive as these three and doesn't need to beg a mediocre recruit from our hometown to come play for us.

(I am not responsible for this song being stuck in your head.)
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 07-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    He wasn't worth that much then, and he isn't worth the headache now.
    Quaoarsking...AWESOME POST!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I hope this is true. People forget the shit he talked on twitter and in articles about State and State's coaches.
    You should have been on the inside at SHS.... It was nasty and he had to be called into the office.....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    You should have been on the inside at SHS.... It was nasty and he had to be called into the office.....
    Spill it no PM please so the few that want him here will quickly reverse that decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Spill it no PM please so the few that want him here will quickly reverse that decision
    The things he said about Coach Mullen, MSU, other Coaches and the children with in the high school.. It was bad... His actions caused a division in the student body at the school and caused many students to turn against him. What he said and his actions are not those that are except-able to fans, boosters, team mates, and coaches of MSU. We do not need the rift-raft of him nor his dad. He was called into the office and was told to stop with the downing of MSU and the others who had signed with MSU. I was under the impression that he was a good student -- now I wonder, since his name was not on the freshman honor roll.... just saying.....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 07-22-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: It makes one go HUM?????

vCash
    Remember Masoli, Stringfellow, Hartsfield, Machine Gun, Bo, etc. Who was it that probably had a coach watching the "troubled college waiver wire" daily to give these type players a second chance? The Oregon WR was already given a second chance there and blew it. I know Jackie had trouble recruiting HS athletes his last couple of years due to the way another school helping in the NCAA on-going investigation, but it caused trouble with the under-classmen who had worked hard when we brought in about 21 JC "All- Americans" one of his last years and plugging many right in as starters. An article in the old "Dawg's Bite" magazine quoted a JC All-American from Kansaa as saying "I knew we were in trouble when I was going to start the first game of the season and didn't know half my teammates's names" No to the helppin bidness and No to the Oregon WR and A J and any other player with a TSUN attitude!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-22-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    The things he said about Coach Mullen, MSU, other Coaches and the children with in the high school.. It was bad... His actions caused a division in the student body at the school and caused many students to turn against him. What he said and his actions are not those that are except-able to fans, boosters, team mates, and coaches of MSU. We do not need the rift-raft of him nor his dad. He was called into the office and was told to stop with the downing of MSU and the others who had signed with MSU. I was under the impression that he was a good student -- now I wonder, since his name was not on the freshman honor roll.... just saying.....

I've heard that about him too.

vCash
    Let him stay where he is and enjoy the big highlight of hs life. With the way he and his family is, all that is left of his oxford adventure will be the pringle stain next to the place he sits on his barney provided furniture most days doing nothing. He will be an afterthought in a couple of years.

vCash
    Hasn't there been rumors on this board that A J may have lied to the NCAA and could have eligibility issues in the future?

vCash
    There is an evil part of me that wants to see the day when guys who took money to go to ole miss turn on their program and say that it was a bad decision and ruined their chance at the NFL. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not. But stranger things have happened in Oxford.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    There is an evil part of me that wants to see the day when guys who took money to go to ole miss turn on their program and say that it was a bad decision and ruined their chance at the NFL. Could it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not. But stranger things have happened in Oxford.
    1. AJ along with the others should never be allowed to play D1 ball -- game over
    2. Yes, it has been rumored for over a year that AJ along with his dad lied to the NCAA
    3. Why is dear ole dad looking for another place for his son to play ball????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'd totally agree with you if it were true that he was a "total bag of shit & cancer with a gigantic ego wrapped around it". However, as I outlined earlier in this thread, the information I have from someone on the inside is that's not who he is.

Sure, he handled his recruitment like shit & made MSU look bad, but he got $315K for goodness sakes.

How many of you on here would turn down $315K from another school to play at Arkansas for free?

He wasn't a diehard MSU fan, so it was as emotional as it was for us.
    It's weird then. He tells our coaches he's about to commit to us then pulls a switcheroo on them. Then over the next 6 months mocks starkville, MSU, and MSU coaches openly in article and on twitter.

I know that you have heard what you did but we all also witnessed these actions as they were done publicly. I know A LOT of good kids who don't act like that and would never...even if they chose to go to another school. Most often our actions define who we are really as opposed to what we like to say we are.

vCash
    I guess having kids that played college sports makes me wary of kids coming in from 'outside''. Put yourself in Couch or Todd or any of our Wr's shoes, these kids have done the right thing, worked their asses of and some of us would consider bringing a friggin reb in to take their spot......fu** that!

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    It's like getting turned down by a woman, she goes away, gets an STD and then tries to gauge your interest. No thanks!!!
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 07-22-2017 at 07:58 PM.