Thread: Ole Miss facebook post....

Banned
    vCash

Ole Miss facebook post....

Poster to stay unnamed of course:

A few thoughts since Freezegate... Ole Miss is bigger than Hugh Freeze. Ole Miss is bigger than the NCAA. Ole Miss is going to be fine... Eventually. The thing about Ole Miss is we are a resilient bunch. There are no fair weather fans because let's be honest, why would there be? Our fans love the rebels like we love our own children. They don't have to be the best at sports or get straight A's. Our love for them is pure and true.
    Through the dust there is still room for magic. Shea Patterson could become the greatest Rebel to ever take the field. A.J Brown could crush records. The sky is the limit, and now that Freeze is gone we all have a little more pep in our step. Hotty Toddy forever❤️

I could pick most of this apart, but the bold stands out in particular. I would hope that if this ever happened to MSU I would not pull this much wool over my eyes.

vCash
    NCAA says hold my beer.

Banned
    vCash
    And another one, from earlier in the day:

Hugh freeze deserves every bit of this headline. The way he duped the ole miss family is nauseating. I will stand behind this team because I will forever love ole miss, and the student athletes certainly deserve our support. But I can't have any sympathy for a man who hurt so many people on such a deep level. Hindsight is always 20/20 but we should have gotten rid of him months ago. Good riddance, time to move on, hotty toddy forever.

When will they realize that it is OLE MISS - and everything it stands for, that is the problem here? Hugh Freeze had his faults but he is NOT at the center of that universe of terribleness.

vCash
    I saw one post yesterday sharing an OM hype video featuring Hugh Freeze, saying they were forever a Reb. And I know this person is a true bear. Now it's fine to support your school through the bad times.....but why in hell would you show something with Hugh Freeze in the video? Idiots.

vCash
    Do they not realize Vitter and Bjork were arguably compliant, and certainly complacent, with all of this? It was an act. A PR stunt. Organized by the administration to dupe to the OM fan base. How dumb can people be?

The problems at Ole Miss walked into their offices this morning in Oxford and are dealing with business as usual.

vCash
    Wolken called it a cult and Finebaum agreed yesterday. Shit like this just proves the point.

vCash
    They can support their "rebels" all they want, but by the time they are competitive again, they won't be called rebels or ole miss.

vCash
    We need someone with a psychological background to diagnose their fanbase. But from what I see they have been thrust into acceptance about Hugh Freeze but many are in full denial about the rest of the OM program. It is creating a weird mix of delusion and bargaining while avoiding the upcoming depression. Once their initial resilience wears off and they realize they still have to deal with the megaton bomb of NCAA sanctions and their team is going to suck for at least half a decade the anger and depression will set it.

Death penalty or bust!!!***

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    A bunch of 17ing Rebelites!! The shat they spew is borderline insanity LOL!

vCash
    An Ole Miss head football coach is like the current leader of an al Qaeda or Isis brigade: modular, replaceable, and hardly the source of the underlying problem.

Has any SEC school -- or any major football school -- ever hired three worse coaches in a row than Orgeron, Nutt, and Freeze?

If there is anyone with any wisdom left in Lafayette County, they may want to suffocate their search committee post haste.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    We need someone with a psychological background to diagnose their fanbase. But from what I see they have been thrust into acceptance about Hugh Freeze but many are in full denial about the rest of the OM program. It is creating a weird mix of delusion and bargaining while avoiding the upcoming depression. Once their initial resilience wears off and they realize they still have to deal with the megaton bomb of NCAA sanctions and their team is going to suck for at least half a decade the anger and depression will set it.

Remember that it's all about the perception with those people. They were just fine with Freeze's actions when there was no proof, and they would argue otherwise. When the hard proof was made public, suddenly they are shocked and now vilify the man. Their personal opinions did not change, but their public opinion surely did.

Just an overall lost bunch of people. It's sad. They certainly aren't the only fanbase that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    They can support their "rebels" all they want, but by the time they are competitive again, they won't be called rebels or ole miss.
    I believe that too. Someday after they finally clean house, they will realize they need a complete new image and drop those 2 names. They will simply be Univ of MS Black Bears or something else. Most won't like it as they didn't with dropping Col Reb and the flags. But it's coming. Not sure when.....