Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiffin wants Ole Miss job??

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    Kiffin cares about one thing. Exposure. Taking an sec job after it has been reduced to nothingness gets him that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUMatt View Post
    What coach is going to turn down an SEC job?
    If I was a coordinator or lower level HC with realistic ambitions of having a long, successful career as a HC, I wouldn't touch the ole miss jobs for at least 3 years. I'd wanna know the sanctions first, and then if wanna let someone else take the lumps of a crippled program for a few years before there'd be enough light at the end of the tunnel to formulate a realistic rebuilding plan. Right now there's no realistic rebuilding plan to be made. If the 2nd coming of nick saban was the HC, they'd be lucky to only lose 25 games the next 3 seasons. And the fan base will be looking for a fresh start as they are coming out of NCAA probation too. I'd rather stay a coordinator or the fau HC another year or 2 waiting for a job I could realistically win at within a couple seasons than take a job I know is going to nightmare for the next 3+ years regardless of the HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    If I was a coordinator or lower level HC with realistic ambitions of having a long, successful career as a HC, I wouldn't touch the ole miss jobs for at least 3 years. I'd wanna know the sanctions first, and then if wanna let someone else take the lumps of a crippled program for a few years before there'd be enough light at the end of the tunnel to formulate a realistic rebuilding plan. Right now there's no realistic rebuilding plan to be made. If the 2nd coming of nick saban was the HC, they'd be lucky to only lose 25 games the next 3 seasons. And the fan base will be looking for a fresh start as they are coming out of NCAA probation too. I'd rather stay a coordinator or the fau HC another year or 2 waiting for a job I could realistically win at within a couple seasons than take a job I know is going to nightmare for the next 3+ years regardless of the HC.
    This would have to be someone either looking for a money grab or a chance to be a head coach when they probably won't ever have that chance again. If you do like Tuberville then you spring board to a better program like Auburn. However, if you end up doing a horrible job like Croom then you are lucky to be a RB coach again. For all of the people saying UM will get someone for 5 Mill a year, I am sure they would except they are going to take a big hit on bowl money also. I would also figure that donations will be down after this also. You can't spend like Bama on a USM budget.

vCash
    The other Kiffin is about to get his punishment.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Just because people are following him doesn't mean he's interested
    HIS last follows... he followed them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    This would have to be someone either looking for a money grab or a chance to be a head coach when they probably won't ever have that chance again. If you do like Tuberville then you spring board to a better program like Auburn. However, if you end up doing a horrible job like Croom then you are lucky to be a RB coach again. For all of the people saying UM will get someone for 5 Mill a year, I am sure they would except they are going to take a big hit on bowl money also. I would also figure that donations will be down after this also. You can't spend like Bama on a USM budget.
    Whats the bowl money loss look like? do they also lose the money from the conference revenue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Whats the bowl money loss look like? do they also lose the money from the conference revenue?
    Seems like the bowl portion of the payout is at least around $5 Mill every year. I don't know what the TV revenue that would also be associated with bowls would look like. Also throw in that UM just upgraded some stuff so have more bond payments to be made. McGriff is scheduled to make $1 Mill per year for 3 years guaranteed.

Looking at the financial impact, no wonder they are fighting so hard against the NCAA allegations. They get the death penalty for a year or 2 and the Athletic department might not ever recover especially if it lead to getting kicked out of the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    But why spend $5M/year on a coach when even a great coach will struggle to go 4-8 the next 3+ seasons? Matt Luke could probably coach them to 3-9 each year for $1.5M. Then when sanctions are ending, they can hire a guy for $5M that can now actually build something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    But why spend $5M/year on a coach when even a great coach will struggle to go 4-8 the next 3+ seasons? Matt Luke could probably coach them to 3-9 each year for $1.5M. Then when sanctions are ending, they can hire a guy for $5M that can now actually build something.
    That is what they will probably do. Give Luke a chance to get head coach on his resume' but also get the alumni discount. They should be able to win 3 out of 4 nonconference games every year but they will be lucky to beat Vandy for the next few years. I am hoping the NCAA drops such a big hammer that it cripples them not only on the field but financially also. Let's combine Valley, Alcorn, JSU, and Ole Miss then let them dominate the SWAC.

vCash
    That's all Ole Miss need is another horny coach who can't keep his dick in his pants.