Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
It's not that easy.... So many people in America have mental problems that are undiagnosed. And don't realize how serious it is till they come close.. or go too far. Sadly, so many people still don't get the right kind of attention.

I've learned that more so being around Military people over the past few years... Sadly some of the strongest people I have heard about.. who have helped so many other solderies overcome amazing feats... feel in the deep despairs for a short time and took their own lives.
Agreed. And sometimes people don't want to be a burden on others. Depression comes in all sorts of ways. It's not always crying and wanting to talk to someone. Some who suffer from depression are really good at hiding it. They'll put on a mask and act like everything is fine. I've personally seen depression just change a person completely. A lot of people don't go for help with depression because there may be another factor. There isn't a tried and true method to dealing with depression because it takes on so many forms and has so many different reasons. A lot of times, depression is accompanied by other mental or even physical things. The feedback loop could go on for days, weeks, months, or even years. It's hard to stop depression once it is moving. So please, don't try to marginalize depression and reduce it to one or two simple solutions. And I know you weren't doing that, Scooba, but I was just building off of what you said.