Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jalon Jones

vCash

Jalon Jones

Just a heads up, we may be getting a commitment this weekend from Jalon Jones a 2019 QB from St. Frances Academy in Baltimore, MD.

Jalon is currently unranked, but has offers from Alabama, UCLA, Virginia, & Indiana &, after watching his video, my guess is he ends up being a 94 4 star type by signing day in 2019.

He's 6'3" & basically looks like a more refined, cleaner arm action, slightly more agile version of Keytaon Thompson.

He is visiting this weekend & his recruitment could be ending soon. With Key, Mayden, & Jones on campus at the same time, I believe you'd be hard pressed to find a more legit QB situation in America.

Here is his video & remember he's only a sophomore in this video, so project on size & strength. Enjoy!

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4755912/jalon-jones

vCash
    I can't take this early of a commitment seriously. With that said I hope he signs with us in 2019.

vCash
    So what you're saying is that MSU via Mullen has become the premier destination for dual QBs in the country. That's awesome.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEBALLIN View Post
    I can't take this early of a commitment seriously. With that said I hope he signs with us in 2019.
    We've actually had some success in keeping the QBs committed.

Additionally, I think there is a huge desire from dual threat QBs around the country to work with Mullen, & thus a need to reserve your spot early.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Kid has more upside than Bohanon or Mayden in this class IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    So what you're saying is that MSU via Mullen has become the premier destination for dual QBs in the country. That's awesome.
    It seems though we've become the premier destination for the high upside, still raw, dual threat QBs in the country.

The already developed, polished, top Elite11 guys are still choosing other schools like Clemson, Auburn, etc..

Mullen is getting his guys now for sure though. I think Mullen actually prefers the slightly rawer guys because they come in more humble, ready to learn, & are more easily redshirted, & eased into the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kid has more upside than Bohanon or Mayden in this class IMO.
    I agree. Just watching he video, it appears that he can do it all.

I said he's a future 94, high four star, but, if he fills out his frame & refines things a hair, he could be a 5 star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think Mullen actually prefers the slightly rawer guys because they come in more humble, ready to learn, & are more easily redshirted, & eased into the offense.
    I wouldn't say that. I'm sure Mullen would love a Justin Fields or Emory Jones it's just very hard almost impossible for MSU to beat out the Ohio St, UGA, Bama, & Clemson's of the world for a big time QB. He can rack up the low 4* guys though & develop them into premier stars. IE Keytaon, Mayden, & hopefully Jones.

vCash
    I agree. Just watching he video, it appears that he can do it all.

I said he's a future 94, high four star, but, if he fills out his frame & refines things a hair, he could be a 5 star.
    I think it's going to be hard for him to reach 5* status. He has a funky throwing motion that will get picked apart at these Elite 11 camps. He also doesn't have that WOW arm factor that the recruiting "experts" love to see in shorts & t shirts. The 94 rating looks to be a pretty good ceiling for him.

vCash
    I wouldn't say that. I'm sure Mullen would love a Justin Fields or Emory Jones it's just very hard almost impossible for MSU to beat out the Ohio St, UGA, Bama, & Clemson's of the world for a big time QB. He can rack up the low 4* guys though & develop them into premier stars. IE Keytaon, Mayden, & hopefully Jones.
    Makes sense.

Keep racking up on the 4 star guys & develop them into NFL QBs.

We can win by doing that.

vCash
    Makes sense.

Keep racking up on the 4 star guys & develop them into NFL QBs.

We can win by doing that.
    No doubt

vCash
    I think you can take it seriously for QBs.

Mullen has now coached, Alex Smith, Tebow, Cam Newton (albeit briefly), and Dak as far as qbs in the NFL (am I missing one?). None of those except for Cam really seemed like NFL qb talents (although Tebow was obviously seen as extremely talented). Now Mullen has what looks like a SEC star in Fitz.

Not saying we won't lose some QB commitments, but unless they subsequently get an offer from OSU/Meyer, or unless say we have a freshman QB take the lead, there's just aren't a lot of offers out there that are going to be clearly more desirable. for a dual threat QB.

vCash
    Our 2019 class is going to be star studded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Our 2019 class is going to be star studded
    Got an early list of names we feel good on?

vCash
    The QB film room at state is starting to look like it did at Florida when Mullen was there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I think you can take it seriously for QBs.

Mullen has now coached, Alex Smith, Tebow, Cam Newton (albeit briefly), and Dak as far as qbs in the NFL (am I missing one?). None of those except for Cam really seemed like NFL qb talents (although Tebow was obviously seen as extremely talented). Now Mullen has what looks like a SEC star in Fitz.

Not saying we won't lose some QB commitments, but unless they subsequently get an offer from OSU/Meyer, or unless say we have a freshman QB take the lead, there's just aren't a lot of offers out there that are going to be clearly more desirable. for a dual threat QB.
    Since Mullen left Urban Meyer has Meyer had any QBs be successful in the NFL? I can't think of any.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Since Mullen left Urban Meyer has Meyer had any QBs be successful in the NFL? I can't think of any.
    You could pretty much say the same about Meyer QB's when Mullen was with him.

Banned
    vCash
    This.

vCash
    You could pretty much say the same about Meyer QB's when Mullen was with him.
    Alex smith has to count for something. He's not elite but still

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Alex smith has to count for something. He's not elite but still
    He's been the Greg MeElroy, AJ McCarron, Jacob Coker of NFL QB's. A place holder game manager. Which is not a bad thing but you expect more out of a #1 pick. He's never thrown for 4k yards or 25 TD's. He hasn't been bad just a little above avg.