Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Rebs have to release the booster names by today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Yeah- appeal was filed to delay it
    But if the judge hasn't granted a stay, it should be released. I haven't seen where a judge has actually issued a stay
    Last edited by Spiderman; 07-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Then why not release the other names that didn't appeal ?
    John Doe filed. No idea which name it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    John Doe filed. No idea which name it is
    The court has to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    The court has to know.
    Oh, it is well known who it is.....its just not public....the IHL knows, UM knows, Steve knows....just nobody saying anything....YET....Ridgeland, MS is becoming a hot bed for this investigation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beretta View Post
    Oh, it is well known who it is.....its just not public....the IHL knows, UM knows, Steve knows....just nobody saying anything....YET....Ridgeland, MS is becoming a hot bed for this investigation
    Butler Snow, in particular?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    Butler Snow, in particular?
    Newk's

vCash
    Patience, Have Patience Grasshopper

All will come to pass as it was intended when all was placed into being.

Karma is and will continue to be a bitch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    Patience, Have Patience Grasshopper

All will come to pass as it was intended when all was placed into being.

Karma is and will continue to be a bitch!
    That regdate, post count, and thread selection...hmmm...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    That regdate, post count, and thread selection...hmmm...
    I know. It is a great mystery. I think I joined this group the first week and then decided to become a lurker because of the pressures of work during my last years in business.

Then retirement came upon me! and I have time to spellcheck now!

I love that with seven years of allowable participation, I am still a junior member.

Once again, Karma will cover everything.

If it helps just consider me a fly on the wall.

I really thought I posted 10 or 20 times back in 2013 but evidently if you don't use it, you lose it.

What is vCash?

vCash
    If it helps I am MeridianDog on other websites, too

vCash
    My thought, not that anyone cares - If you don't want your name to become public (and whatever negatives come with it), don't do something that could make it happen. If you do, then just deal with the consequences like a man. Reap what you sow, lay in your bed...yada yada yada.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    The court has to know.
    The court may know, but they don't know which booster number he is. And they can't release his name to any public entity if he files as a John Doe, and that includes OM. Therefore there is no way to keep just his name redacted from the document.

vCash
    At his discretion the judge can go into chambers learn the true name of John Doe, along with his booster number and then tell OM which name to redact, as if they don't already know who John Doe really is.

Actually, the judge can do pretty much whatever he desires, knowing all the time that someone will be upset with his decision. The (two) questions I have are:

Is John Doe's true identity already known to the Judge and is John Doe a personal friend?

Sadly I doubt my questions will be answered, since they impact Lawyers and Judges, who usually know the value of keeping their mouths closed.
    Last edited by MeridianDog; 07-20-2017 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    I would guess that the judge should recuse himself.... He is an OM booster....

vCash
    At his discretion the judge can go into chambers and tell OM which name to redact, as if they don't already know. Actually, the judge can do pretty much whatever he desires, knowing all the time that someone will be upset with his decision. The question I have is this.

Is John Doe's true identity already known to the Judge and is John Doe a personal friend?
    Yes, olay miss does know, and they can be told to release the names with only John Dickhead's redacted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    I would guess that the judge should recuse himself.... He is an OM booster....
    Who (In his opinion) has the integrity to remain perfectly impartial with respect to the law and his ability to keep his friends and passions separate from his decision making process.

Where is the darn ROTFLMAO button?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Newk's
    Right by me. Nice. I'll shall do some investigating while having the Newks Q sandwich.

vCash
    Who (In his opinion) has the integrity to remain perfectly impartial with respect to the law and his ability to keep his friends and passions separate from his decision making process.

Where is the darn ROTFLMAO button?
    When the 1st John Doe entered the case in Hinds county...... the 1st judge did recuse himself/herself due to conflict of interest. Then they appointed a judge who graduated from MS College, I believe the name of the college...... The 1st judge recuse them self within hours of the case being filed.

If the said appointed judge is a true and honest then it should not matter where they graduated. I guess we will see...
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 07-20-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    The problem is why or how is said John Doe able to have his or her name redacted?? As another post said, they put themselves in this situation, involved in a public university investigation, so their name SHOULD be made public, no matter if they are just a lain ole John Doe, the head of a giant law firm, a CEO, a HOF athlete or the president of the USA. If one John Doe is granted the immunity and right to remain anonymous, then all the boosters will be granted that right. It shouldn't matter how important you are or think you are and state law should prevail.

And yes OM knows all the names and all of this delay and such is orchestrated. Still funny how the only names we know of in the entire NOA from coaches to SA to boosters, is Leo, Kobe and Miller. Pathetic!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It was a "stay" request on the ethics commission ruling. If the ruling is place on hold (stay granted), it would impact all of the names.
    There is no stay. There was a motion for a stay which hasn't been ruled upon.

But count on OM to execute their own stay. They aren't doing anything with an open case out there even though they are under legal orders to release the info.