Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Rebs have to release the booster names by today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    vCash

So the Rebs have to release the booster names by today

According to the ruling by the Ethics Commission last week. They had 7 days to comply with the ruling. I know John Doe and others are suing or threatening, but WHO will ask OM if and when they will release the names, or if they ever actually will??

I'm not holding my breath!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    According to the ruling by the Ethics Commission last week. They had 7 days to comply with the ruling. I know John Doe and others are suing or threatening, but WHO will ask OM if and when they will release the names, or if they ever actually will??

I'm not holding my breath!

Didn't one of them file an appeal? Won't that delay the release until the appeal is heard/dismissed?

vCash
    Yeah- appeal was filed to delay it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Yeah- appeal was filed to delay it
    But if the judge hasn't granted a stay, it should be released. I haven't seen where a judge has actually issued a stay
    Last edited by Spiderman; 07-20-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Then why not release the other names that didn't appeal ?
    John Doe filed. No idea which name it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    John Doe filed. No idea which name it is
    The court has to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    The court has to know.
    Oh, it is well known who it is.....its just not public....the IHL knows, UM knows, Steve knows....just nobody saying anything....YET....Ridgeland, MS is becoming a hot bed for this investigation

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    The court has to know.
    The court may know, but they don't know which booster number he is. And they can't release his name to any public entity if he files as a John Doe, and that includes OM. Therefore there is no way to keep just his name redacted from the document.

vCash
    Someone give me all the reasons why boosters would want their names kept secret other then just being a ole miss dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Someone give me all the reasons why boosters would want their names kept secret other then just being a ole miss dick.
    Because your phone starts ringing off the hook from Pat Forde, Joe Schad, CBS, etc... and every creep on the internet tries to Facebook friend your wife. You have to explain the PR hit to your job & family. And google never forgets.

Either way, they're delaying the inevitable imo. However, if they find that the booster does have a right to privacy, I'll be on the phone with their lawyer pretty quickly. I decided way back when that I was going to watch the people that came after me burn to the ground. That's happening. Next on the list is the NCAA, but I've got to wait to see how this goes and of course, let them finish their ongoing work first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Because your phone starts ringing off the hook from Pat Forde, Joe Schad, CBS, etc... and every creep on the internet tries to Facebook friend your wife. You have to explain the PR hit to your job & family. And google never forgets.

Either way, they're delaying the inevitable imo. However, if they find that the booster does have a right to privacy, I'll be on the phone with their lawyer pretty quickly. I decided way back when that I was going to watch the people that came after me burn to the ground. That's happening. Next on the list is the NCAA, but I've got to wait to see how this goes and of course, let them finish their ongoing work first.

If the booster gets a ruling that his name is exempt then the MS Public Records Act is a defunct law. If he is a party in the requested documents then his name will be released under the public records act. Those lawyers know this . It's purely a stall tactic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If the booster gets a ruling that his name is exempt then the MS Public Records Act is a defunct law. If he is a party in the requested documents then his name will be released under the public records act. Those lawyers know this . It's purely a stall tactic.
    Agree, why is why I said there delaying the inevitable imo.

vCash
    Agree, why is why I said there delaying the inevitable imo.
    That is true on the inevitable. They can use all type of potential stall tactics, but as long as the MS Public Records Act remains intact then all parties in the requested documents will be made public. Now if for some unusual reason that KFC's secret recipe was in there, which would have no merit as to the requested documents and would be an exemption regardless, then that information would be redacted. Very few things are exempt and can be excluded and again those Attorneys know that.

vCash

After reading your posts this morning, I'm struck by your statement about being exposed by the release of documents and your waiting for the impending burning down of the court of power up north. Led me to believe that you had close personal knowledge of that pocedure. There were details about how the release of information would affect an individual. I also think I remember occasional posts about things others have done to your reputation.

Not trying to be too nosy, but have you been victim to this type of situation? I've always read your posts and trusted your insight and interpretation...perhaps now I see why?

Again...not trying to be too personal, but there might be a place and time for that story to come out. That would make a very interesting read. Unless it's too fresh or personal.

vCash
    7 *working* days according to the document

vCash
    Yeah, it's in court. I don't know how long it will take the court to respond, but I don't see this moving past round 1 of motions. John Doe has little chance.

vCash
    So how can one person that is suing to keep their name out of it prevent all of the names from being released? I don't understand how that affects all the names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So how can one person that is suing to keep their name out of it prevent all of the names from being released? I don't understand how that affects all the names.
    This was my question as well, as it would seem that they would just release all the names but John Doe's.

However, then someone mentioned that John Doe has refused to tell the ethics commission which booster # he is, & thus they can't release anyone because they aren't sure who John Doe is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This was my question as well, as it would seem that they would just release all the names but John Doe's.

However, then someone mentioned that John Doe has refused to tell the ethics commission which booster # he is, & thus they can't release anyone because they aren't sure who John Doe is.
    So with that logic, how do they know he has the right to sue? It could be some random UM fan that is not named in the NOA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So with that logic, how do they know he has the right to sue? It could be some random UM fan that is not named in the NOA.
    They don't & it's one of many reasons why his appeal will be denied.

But regardless, it still delays the process because someone has to review the situation & deny it.