Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long until they announce our opening game time?

vCash

How long until they announce our opening game time?

I'm afraid of what we'll get (11 am), but it would be nice to have confirmation. Most SEC times are announced for Week 1.

vCash
    Go ahead and pencil in 11 or 2. My money is on 11 and it'll be sunny and 110 degrees.

vCash
    I suppose I'd rather have 11 than 2. At least the sun's behind me most of the game then (I'm on the east side). It's in my face the entire game, unless blocked for a while by the video board, with an afternoon start time. Not sure I'll even go to this game if it's as hot as usual.

vCash
    Cohen, How about a night game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I suppose I'd rather have 11 than 2. At least the sun's behind me most of the game then (I'm on the east side). It's in my face the entire game, unless blocked for a while by the video board, with an afternoon start time. Not sure I'll even go to this game if it's as hot as usual.
    To hot....to cold....get your ass up and go to the game. Stop with the excuses. 1st day of dove season, 1st day of bow season, 1st day of of my new fishing license, 1st day I'm a virgin again, spare my ass and get up and go to the game!! Damn the TV!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    To hot....to cold....get your ass up and go to the game. Stop with the excuses. 1st day of dove season, 1st day of bow season, 1st day of of my new fishing license, 1st day I'm a virgin again, spare my ass and get up and go to the game!! Damn the TV!!
    Haven't missed an opening day since I've been getting season tickets (about 25 years) so I probably won't miss this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    When does it hit in that our ad doesn't pick the game times for TV games?? One day maybe ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Go ahead and pencil in 11 or 2. My money is on 11 and it'll be sunny and 110 degrees.
    This. Just go ahead and be ready for the worst. 2pm game and them doing a "blackout" theme. Then if you're wrong, there's a better chance it will be a pleasant surprise.

vCash

It's to do with the TV networks and their scheduling. Cohen is not a player in this.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    Oh joy!! I love the "you're-not-a-fan-if-you-ain't- here-every-game" threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Oh joy!! I love the "you're-not-a-fan-if-you-ain't- here-every-game" threads.
    I guess I might as well sing Hotty Toddy then, since I have only made two games since graduation.

vCash
    Random question. Where can you get those baby ear muffs I guess you call them

vCash
    If I went to an early season game, I would be the geezer you would see being hauled out due to heat exhaustion. I just don't do heat very well anymore. I went to my share when I was young tho.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    If I went to an early season game, I would be the geezer you would see being hauled out due to heat exhaustion. I just don't do heat very well anymore. I went to my share when I was young tho.
    It is getting harder to get motivated to go to games like this due to them being on tv and taking 6 hours to play, I got a desk job for a reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I would rather have 11 then 2 because I can get home and watch the last round of ESPN games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I wish they would pick the games they now is going to be in the evening for the black out. I guess it really doesn't matter, I am a maverick, I wear what I want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Random question. Where can you get those baby ear muffs I guess you call them
    I buy everything on eBay, most of the time it's stuff I really don't need.

vCash
    Looking over the SEC schedule for week 1 there are 3 games that have not been announced. The SEC network does not have any games scheduled on Saturday yet so we are waiting on them to announce their triple header. My guess how it shakes out:

Missouri St @ Missouri 11
    Charleston Southern @ Mississippi St 230-3 (whatever the 2nd game time is)
    Georgia Southern @ Auburn 6

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I would rather it be a night game, even if it meant we were not going to be on TV.