Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakout players??

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Breakout players??

I'm working on writing a peice on breakout players for this upcoming season... I'd love to know who you guys picks are for breakout players on offense and on defense. If you have a good defense of your pick you may be included in the write up.
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Aeris Williams 1,000+ yds 10+ TDs

vCash
    Keith Mixon-offense. I know we are going to see alot from our TEs but I think Mixon will have a big role. He is explosive, elusive and has good hands

vCash
    We better hope the breakout offensive player is a WR.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Offense - Keith Mixon & Darryl Williams
    Defense - Marquiss Spencer & Cory Thomas

vCash
    Lotta hype behind Sweat on defense.

vCash
    Just have a feeling Jordan Thomas is going to be a big redzone threat. I think Bryant gets his head back on straight and has a good year.

vCash
    Jamal Couch, WR.....The only true freshman to play last year. He played in 11 games including all SEC games. He's big (6-4,230), fast and athletic. With a lack of experience returning for MSU, Couch will get the opportunity to have a break out year.

vCash
    Reggie Todd, WR - Big WR with great athleticism that just needs experience. He will make a circus catch in the CharSou game and his hype will grow from there.

Dontavian Lee - Everyone forgets what a beast he was a few years ago. If he comes back Healthy he could look like Boobie 2.0.

The whole dang defense. Grantham will have them fired up and ready to get the bad taste out of their mouth. Simmons, Sweat, SA39, Brandon Bryant, Cam Dantzler and Jamal Peters.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hope Gabe Myles shows out. He really got up field quickly a couple of years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Offense - Keith Mixon & Darryl Williams
    Defense - Marquiss Spencer & Cory Thomas
    How about a little background on this? I take it that confirms our starting OL will be

Rankin, Calhoun, Jenkins, Williams, and then TBD at RT?

How solid is he going to be? Good enough that the only real question mark is at RT?

vCash
    Donald Gray-He is a hard working kid with great hands. His teammates love him and him and fitz have a year under their belts of getting comfortable with each other. 800+ yards 11 TDs.

Jamaal Peters- It will be his second year at Corner and his confidence level will be through the roof, especially after that pick in the Egg Bowl. With his size and speed, he should be able to cover any receiver when he learns to play the position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I'm working on writing a peice on breakout players for this upcoming season... I'd love to know who you guys picks are for breakout players on offense and on defense. If you have a good defense of your pick you may be included in the write up.
    Thought say because some people I don't consider a breakout but just what is expected. Breakout players to me are players who are way under the radar. A. Williams & J. Simmons I think will have big years but I don't consider them really breakout.

So I will go with F. Adams on defense & Mixon on Offense.

I do hear a lot of Sweat, so that might be the winner.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Good info so far. Keep it up guys. bulldogsmsu, u have certainly earned a shoutout. You took the words right outta my mouth in your first paragraph
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Good info so far. Keep it up guys. bulldogsmsu, u have certainly earned a shoutout. You took the words right outta my mouth in your first paragraph
    Sweat on D
    Jackson on offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    Jamal Couch, WR.....The only true freshman to play last year. He played in 11 games including all SEC games. He's big (6-4,230), fast and athletic. With a lack of experience returning for MSU, Couch will get the opportunity to have a break out year.
    Agreed. I believe Couch is set for a big year.

Interesting nore: did we not have a player with the last name "Chair"? I would have loved to see Couch and Chair on the field.

vCash
    Offense- Farrod Green- plays hard, made many huge blocks in 2016 which should give him PT and targets. Should see the field better and be a more physical pass catcher with another year of experience.
    Gabe Myles- has underperformed in a game of inches entire career. Makes a big senior splash.

Defense- Tim Washington- has the size and ability to be bone crushing run stopper.
    C. Thomas- steps up big as a role player, eats blocks, makes LBs job easy

vCash
    J. Peters, not even considered a starter at this point. But, the man is a athlete, with a little coaching from T-Buck, he'll have at least 4 picks and a All SEC on one of the teams. Write it down, bookmark it, I call it.

By the way Preach, are you getting paid for this article and do you plan to cut all us sub-contractors in?*****
    Looking forward to your article and please post us a link so we don't miss it.

vCash
    The 2 biggest and baddest
    Jeff Simmons and Jordan Thomas. Both freaks. Simmons will be the best player on defense. Thomas will be Bear 2.

vCash
    On offense, I'm gonna go with Deion calhoun. Jenkins and rankin are the top two linemen coming into the year, but I think Calhoun has a big year as that road grader guard.

On defense, I think Gerri green finally lives up to his hype. His size fits what grantham likes in his outside backers to a T. I think him and sweat are really going to make our D go.