Thread: The OM Bowl Ban is a good thing

vCash

The OM Bowl Ban is a good thing

Check out the daily drivel from Saturday Down South.

No you don't have to click the article. I just wanted to post it so you would know what I'm referring to.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sat...tage-fall/amp/

Aside from the excitement Shea Patterson will potentially bring to Oxford as the ideal trigger man in the team?s new-look offense, Freeze admitted his team plans to play with a form of reckless abandon in 2017. Without having the prize of a bowl game to look forward to, Freeze acknowledged his high octane offense would be even more aggressive this season.

Taking additional chances, going for it more often on fourth down and heading into games with an aggressive mindset could all potentially play into a strategic advantage for Ole Miss. With several SEC coaches facing some level of uncertainty regarding their futures, it?s easy to forecast Freeze?s fellow coaches playing not to lose this fall in the face of mounting pressure.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    That sounds like a recipe to get some players hurt.

I guess we need to start a thread on a buy/sell that Patterson goes out of a game with a concussion.

vCash
    I thought it wasn't possible for that Defesne to be worse.
    Reading that summary I was wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I would do the very same thing especially, with the WR's they have. They will be a handful to handle on offense. I think to eliminate their threat on offense you've got to eat up clock by running the football and wearing their defense out. They will score pts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    They think they can win games 76-70 and it just doesn't work like that. The team will fracture by mid season. Recipe for disaster.

vCash
    Patterson is a good quarterback but people compare him to Manziel, which he is far from. I hope Patterson believes he's the second coming of Maniziel and Freeze tells him to take extra chances. That seems like a sure recipe for disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    I would do the very same thing especially, with the WR's they have. They will be a handful to handle on offense. I think to eliminate their threat on offense you've got to eat up clock by running the football and wearing their defense out. They will score pts.
    They scored against us last year. 20 points. Problem for them is, we scored 55. I just like reminding myself of those facts.

vCash
    Losing bowl revenue is always the best course of action.**

vCash
    Freeze's secret weapon is to play the SEC slate like an impetuous 10 yr old playing Madden. Hahahahaha!
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Where's Archie Cooley when you need him?

vCash
    They win the first two. However the fans will get worried because S. Alabama can score some points and Ole Miss defense will not look good. Then they go to Cal which is a toss up but a close win. Now they are 3-0. Then they get Bama, Auburn, Vandy and LSU. They could easily be 3-4 at that point. Freeze will lose the team and the fan base which will make four of the last five very difficult to win.

Freeze couldn't get them up for the egg bowl last year when they had something to play for how will he do it in that scenario?

vCash
    And the sanctions will come out in Sept-Oct. That's when it falls apart.

vCash
    An interesting point that Steve brought up in a prior Boneyard podcast a couple of weeks back was that they're going to be going before the COI DURING THE FOOTBALL SEASON. That's got to take a mental toll on coaches. How can you focus on coaching & game planning for your opponent when you've got looming sanctions?

For the coaches sake, you hope they choose a "down" day like a Monday to have it instead of some other day when they have to focus more on game plan for next opponent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    And the sanctions will come out in Sept-Oct. That's when it falls apart.
    The sanctions are more likely to be after the season. Coi won't meet until oct more than likely.

vCash
    First off, a bowl ban is never good. I dont think the OP is correct that it is being spun that way. Put yourself in Hugh's shoes...what do you do? I think this is actually a good way to tackle it. Hey guys, no postseason this year. No pressure. But hey, lets have fun and piss in everybody elses cornflakes while we are at it. We have nothing to lose, so lets try to put up 100 every week. Fake FGs, onside kicks, never punt...lets have some fun! In the meantime, we are preparing for next year. Getting better, learning how to let it all hang out, having fun for a change. Seems like the best option available, and I could see the players getting behind it. BUT - you guys are right. A couple losses, penalties come down, 2nd yr of ban announced....he loses the team for good. No doubt its coming. But until then, this approach makes sense.

vCash
    In other words, Freeze is going to coach this year like it's the last year he will ever coach a football team. Probably because it will be.

vCash
    Holy Shit! That's some spooky shit! We should have known when we set the OM Shyster Lawyers up this would happen! HA HAGA HAHA BREWHAHAHA
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    Freeze can talk till he is blue in the face about how his team has accepted the bowl ban.When it gets down to reality this is not going to bode well with certain players. And that Alabama run could be a nightmare run for Ole Miss and the wheels could completely come off.