Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Does sues ethics commission and Steve Robertson

vCash
    This guy really doesn't want his name revealed. Going to all lengths.

I don't understand how he can file suit without disclosing his name though. Could he be a lawyer who's already aware that such a thing can be done? And if he is a lawyer, why would exposing his name be such a terrible thing to his reputation? We don't expect much out of them ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    John Does' lawyer is David Neil McCarty...a ****ing State grad. WTF?

Because John Doe has money and is paying Navid Neil?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    This whole ordeal is so strange. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. You can't make this stuff up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

I don't understand how he can file suit without disclosing his name though. Could he be a lawyer who's already aware that such a thing can be done? And if he is a lawyer, why would exposing his name be such a terrible thing to his reputation? We don't expect much out of them ....
    It's probably someone that would be ruined or at the very least would upset a lot of people in Mississippi if his name is released.

Or it's Archie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's probably someone that would be ruined or at the very least would upset a lot of people in Mississippi if his name is released.

Or it's Archie.
    Hmm ... that's possible. I'm pretty sure it's the guy who filed the privacy thing that was thrown out though. He seems almost desperate.

I can see how it would greatly harm Archie's reputation, but not really anybody else's, unless it's the governor or supreme court judge or someone of that stature.

vCash
    Todd4State
    "Or it's Archie"

well, well ,well. Ol two face himself. If it's him or one of his hair lip sons we will never know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    There has to be some really bad stuff there. It has to go way beyond the ordinary recruiting scandal.
    No, everything the NCAA found and reported is in the NOA - we just don't know the names associated with each violation.

If I had to guess, it's the guy that got caught paying Student Athlete 39.

vCash
    Is it ironic that I am reading this in a Taco Bell drive through?

vCash

AND that's what we all should be raising hell about.......Read the comments below the

article.......He more than likely knows these boosters pretty well..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    They just filed the suit in order to request a stay. It'll be granted, and honestly it should be, until the court can review what's going on and speed up the proceedings. It's a delay tactic and probably the only immediate way they can stop the release of the name, but they're running out of options. In my opinion, it just a matter of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    They just filed the suit in order to request a stay. It'll be granted, and honestly it should be, until the court can review what's going on and speed up the proceedings. It's a delay tactic and probably the only immediate way they can stop the release of the name, but they're running out of options. In my opinion, it just a matter of time.
    So why don't they release every name but his?

Also, what's the problem with Rosebowl releasing all the names himself and say, "these are the people in the NOA."

If the truth is a defense, what does he have to worry about?

vCash
    Still, Rosebowl has to spend money to defend himself. We need to have a Rosebowl defense fund.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Also, what's the problem with Rosebowl releasing all the names himself and say, "these are the people in the NOA."

Winning the lawsuit and having to deal with the pain in the butt for 5 years are two different things. Steve could do that, and eventually win in my opinion, but it would be a huge headache over the next several years. OR... or... or... he could just wait and let it come out in accordance with state law, much like he's doing. Patience is the right choice here. There's no need to rush this epic saga along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Might not be granted. They filed an appeal of the preliminary ruling and were immediately shot down so fast that they withdrew the appeal. I assume they didn't want to be on record as losing so they could try again right now.

I'd say 75% chance the appeal doesn't get heard. I think we'll get those names within 2-4 weeks.

vCash
    If Rosebowl gets sued we need to start a go fund me page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Might not be granted. They filed an appeal of the preliminary ruling and were immediately shot down so fast that they withdrew the appeal. I assume they didn't want to be on record as losing so they could try again right now.

I'd say 75% chance the appeal doesn't get heard. I think we'll get those names within 2-4 weeks.
    It might be that soon, but it would've been 7 days otherwise. It's the last bullet they have right now and they fired it. Makes sense. If it works, maybe they get a few weeks or months. If it doesn't, you've probably still delayed it a week or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

heck he might be a MSU Grad who has a hot OM wife who forced him to give the goodies to the recruits. So I guess someone with maybe the initials like MW may be John Doe.***

vCash
    Wait.... Rosey's lawyer is from a firm named Langston and Lott? from Boonville? Langston from Boonville? Oh the irony
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Truth is a defense to a defamation claim. John Doe is arguing he has a right to privacy that extends to not having his name made public. He is wrong. Although he does have a protected property interest under the due process clause in his lawsuit, he has no right to privacy in this context.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post

They withdrew the previous appeal because it was procedurally flawed. Can't appeal an ethics committee ruling until it is a final order, which happened July 14.