Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Does sues ethics commission and Steve Robertson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Wait.... Rosey's lawyer is from a firm named Langston and Lott? from Boonville? Langston from Boonville? Oh the irony
    Casey is a good guy. State grad. Ole miss law school though (ha, some irony).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    There has to be some really bad stuff there. It has to go way beyond the ordinary recruiting scandal.
    I remember a post last year where someone asked why we didn't challenge the Will Redmond situation. The response was that there was a lot more to the story than anyone knew.

I can imagine there is A LOT more to the NCAA investigation into OM athletics than any of us will ever know.

vCash
    For clarity, John Doe isn't suing Steve or anybody else. He filed a notice of appeal of the ethics committee ruling. Additionally, since that appeal will not be heard in the next week (the deadline for OM to comply and release names), he filed essentially what is a preliminary injunction asking the Court to stay the release of the names until his appeal can be heard.

He most likely will get his stay, but when he does, and this is key, that in no way implies he will win his appeal. The release of the names by OM will just be stayed until John Doe's appeal is heard and decided. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by confucius say; 07-17-2017 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Can he sue under the name John Doe or does he have to use his real name?
    His name was REDACTED.... imagine that????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    John Does' lawyer is David Neil McCarty...a ****ing State grad. WTF?

IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF HINDS COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT JOHN DOE APPELLANT v. No. G2017-981 T/1 THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI, STEVE ROBERTSON, and________________________ (Who's name is redacted?)

APPELLEES MOTION FOR STAY OF COMMISSION?S FINAL ORDER

vCash
    I knew when the case was "won" that this crap would happen. Either way, I no longer go to Taco Bell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    I remember a post last year where someone asked why we didn't challenge the Will Redmond situation. The response was that there was a lot more to the story than anyone knew.

I can imagine there is A LOT more to the NCAA investigation into OM athletics than any of us will ever know.

We went to summary disposition. That basically means you admit guilt, don't fight anything, and throw yourself at the mercy of the NCAA. You agree to take whatever medicine they give you with no appeal. Do not go to the COI, do not collect $200, go directly to jail.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So why don't they release every name but his?
    This is what I'd like to know. There are like 15 boosters called out in the NOA. Regardless of what happens with this stay, they still have to release all the other names besides this John Doe based on the order of the Ethics Commission, unless they all file similar motions. Is this correct?

Banned
    vCash
    MY question is the Ethics Commision gave this moron the chance to have his particular name redacted, by just telling him which booster number he was in the NOA, so why didn't he do that? He refused and led them no choice. The ethics commision said OK then release it all, including whichever number you are. So again, my belief is this is a concerted effort by all of OM to delay any release of ALL names in the NOA.

What everyone is saying is it is only going to delay the inevitable. They think by suing everyone, for free, that everyone will back down because of the potential costs of litigation to those against them. Well you see that we are all willing to back our brothers such as Rosey as our players, so good luck with that shitbirds! Click a few ads so we can continue to bring you the truth!

Banned
    vCash
    Can he sue under the name John Doe or does he have to use his real name?
    lmao Vegas, funny as shit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Can that be kept secret for ever? Sooner or later the name is going to come out. Ole Miss people are the dumbest, dumb ****s, shit head, donkey dick ****ing, bull ass licking, sheep ***** eating, dick weeds.
    lmao Jack. question, was that a profanity laced tirade or just sarcasm? LOL

why not just tell us how you really feel?

Banned
    vCash
    what do y'all think of an opinion I saw on nafoom the other day? some dude said the booster names will produce nothing exciting because the big time donors would not be on any kind of list. they donate under the radar to keep their identities unknown. sounded legit.

just trying to widen the discussion. any opinions on this opinion? thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    This is what I'd like to know. There are like 15 boosters called out in the NOA. Regardless of what happens with this stay, they still have to release all the other names besides this John Doe based on the order of the Ethics Commission, unless they all file similar motions. Is this correct?
    Can all 15 boosters named take turns going through the appeals process one at a time in order to delay it another couple years or more?

These boosters have powerful friends in government who can not control the NCAA but would will let the Ethics Commission go down in flames before allowing names released and will go to the nines to do so.

Hate to be the Debbie Downer on this but I'd be very surprised if we EVAR see the names released.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 07-18-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    MY question is the Ethics Commision gave this moron the chance to have his particular name redacted, by just telling him which booster number he was in the NOA, so why didn't he do that? He refused and led them no choice. The ethics commision said OK then release it all, including whichever number you are. So again, my belief is this is a concerted effort by all of OM to delay any release of ALL names in the NOA.

What everyone is saying is it is only going to delay the inevitable. They think by suing everyone, for free, that everyone will back down because of the potential costs of litigation to those against them. Well you see that we are all willing to back our brothers such as Rosey as our players, so good luck with that shitbirds! Click a few ads so we can continue to bring you the truth!
    It's the ole miss way. They're doing the same thing in the Lindsey Miller lawsuit. They've changed lawyers twice and have requested and been awardees delays. No wonder this state is so far behind with their bs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    what do y'all think of an opinion I saw on nafoom the other day? some dude said the booster names will produce nothing exciting because the big time donors would not be on any kind of list. they donate under the radar to keep their identities unknown. sounded legit.

just trying to widen the discussion. any opinions on this opinion? thoughts?
    Some of that is true. And then some boosters are in it for self importance and glory like Brad Lott taking pictures with Ross Bjork and putting them on social media.

*Brad Lott is NOT alleged to be a booster in the NOA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Can all 15 boosters named take turns going through the appeals process one at a time in order to delay it another couple years or more?

These boosters have powerful friends in government who can not control the NCAA but would will let the Ethics Commission go down in flames before allowing names released and will go to the nines to do so.

Hate to be the Debbie Downer on this but I'd be very surprised if we EVAR see the names released.
    Probably not. The court would decline to hear them all. They'd say, "folks we already decided this...denied".

vCash
    Jack Lambert: "Can that be kept secret for ever? Sooner or later the name is going to come out. Ole Miss people are the dumbest, dumb ****s, shit head, donkey dick ****ing, bull ass licking, sheep ***** eating, dick weeds."

It reminds me of this:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    His name was REDACTED.... imagine that????
    Question for u guys. If a booster even John Doe has their name on a building at OM and were to be disassociated would the name have to come of the building?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For clarity, John Doe isn't suing Steve or anybody else. He filed a notice of appeal of the ethics committee ruling. Additionally, since that appeal will not be heard in the next week (the deadline for OM to comply and release names), he filed essentially what is a preliminary injunction asking the Court to stay the release of the names until his appeal can be heard.

He most likely will get his stay, but when he does, and this is key, that in no way implies he will win his appeal. The release of the names by OM will just be stayed until John Doe's appeal is heard and decided. Hope this helps.
    That's what I tried to say. You said it better though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOATHEBears View Post
    Question for u guys. If a booster even John Doe has their name on a building at OM and were to be disassociated would the name have to come of the building?
    The name will be changed to the "John Doe building."*** Depends I guess, but I wouldn't think so.