Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The evolving Steve Robertson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Story I heard is the agent lost a couple million by Tunsil dropping him last second so he paid him back in the ugliest of ways draft night. That agent had access to Tunsil's phone/bongvideo/instagram. It cost Tunsil $8-10 million on his rookie contract alone and a bunch of endorsement deals as well. Agent probably had more dirt than what he showed too so Tunsil probably had to pay him a couple 7 figures as well. Bad decision dropping that agent. He apparently is a guy you definitely don't want to **** with.
    We heard the same story.

vCash
    Bobcat's right a lot more than he's wrong. Just saying...

vCash
    I heard the same story about the spurned agent & Tunsil as well. A story was written & floating around on Twitter on draft night. Still waiting on the FBI to get involved per Chuck Rounsaville, though******

vCash
    Steve and the NCAA were already onto the 2nd NOA before April 2016 draft night.... Wait for the book and you will understand...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about Steve. The fact that he now has an in for the UM cheating situation doesn't make up for the fact he has been incredibly lazy covering MSU for the last 10 years and his need to break the news first, hurts kids wanting their 15 minutes of fame. After this is over and UM football is destroyed for a decade, he will go back to being the lazy bum he always was. I really don't get the hero worship for this guy.
    I understand your dislike of SR being a hero to some, but who else would you recommend to help exposing UNM? The state newspaper wouldn't even do any homework on the matter???

vCash
    If you'll recall, SR went to the CL with what he had before he ever went public with the info he was getting. So, if he's a hero to some, he never set out to be.
    I wouldn't call him a hero. But he does seem to have some admirable traits. He was willing to take on the machine that's been operating in some capacity since before many of us were born. He put himself and his family at risk. That might sound extreme, but there have been threats.
    i think he just got fed up. Saw enough bullshit with no one doing anything about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about Steve. The fact that he now has an in for the UM cheating situation doesn't make up for the fact he has been incredibly lazy covering MSU for the last 10 years and his need to break the news first, hurts kids wanting their 15 minutes of fame. After this is over and UM football is destroyed for a decade, he will go back to being the lazy bum he always was. I really don't get the hero worship for this guy.
    Make no mistake Rosebowl is all about Rosebowl first and foremost. I think part of the reason he is going so hard after Ole Miss is because he was getting a lot of criticism for the DeVinner case and things like the Brandon Bryant situation like you are referring to. Genespage was losing a lot of money and membership to 247 sports because of it. The interesting thing is if I remember correctly part of the 247/Genespage rift was over the DeVinner situation. But now I guess 247 gets the last laugh since they are going to be merging with scout and 247 is taking over the scout website.

So, I guess Paul, Robbie, Gene, Rosebowl and Murray will all be working together or at least for the same company.

But at the same time Rosebowl has been burned by Yancy before- like the Army AA debacle and I do think that was done intentionally to hurt Rosebowl and embarrass him. So, I do think Rosebowl has an ax to grind with them too.

As for me, if Rosebowl wants to hurt Ole Miss and write a book about it, that's fine with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    My understanding is that Miller isn't the one who exposed Tunsil. My understanding, from people who know, is that Tunsil spurned an NFL agent/financial management guy for Freeze's agent or someone close to Freeze at the 11th hour and the guy he had agreed to go with set out to burn him and Freeze to the ground. Obviously this isn't first hand, but based on the lack of legal action following a multi-million loss, I feel like it's very possibly the truth. They couldn't sue the guy because, again if true, it would've shown that Tunsil was meeting with agents early and that freeze and his agency were working together to influence Tunsil.
    This investigation has gone on so long that all the stories are intertwining, but both are technically correct. Prior to 2015 season and with NCAA investigation wrapping up, news broke that Tunsil had beaten up his stepdad and that the stepdad was talking about agents and gifts (probably the soon-to-be-spurned agent). Fast forward, past a 7 game Tunsil suspension, to the NFL draft and that's when the former agent, who was recently dumped, released the photos and texts.

Edit to add: So the stepdad lead to the loaner cars and such while the NFL draft fiasco led to the amended NOA.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 07-18-2017 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Rosie is a crazy bass turd with a quality source. And I wouldn't be surprised if he had someone or a group of people backing him with some of the stuff he's doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Rosie is a crazy bass turd with a quality source. And I wouldn't be surprised if he had someone or a group of people backing him with some of the stuff he's doing.
    No doubt. Ole Miss is bad about using people and then burning bridges with them. We've seen it multiple times throughout this investigation with Saunders, Farrar, and now Nutt...among many others. Eventually it will happen to Freeze too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Make no mistake Rosebowl is all about Rosebowl first and foremost. I think part of the reason he is going so hard after Ole Miss is because he was getting a lot of criticism for the DeVinner case and things like the Brandon Bryant situation like you are referring to. Genespage was losing a lot of money and membership to 247 sports because of it. The interesting thing is if I remember correctly part of the 247/Genespage rift was over the DeVinner situation. But now I guess 247 gets the last laugh since they are going to be merging with scout and 247 is taking over the scout website.

So, I guess Paul, Robbie, Gene, Rosebowl and Murray will all be working together or at least for the same company.

But at the same time Rosebowl has been burned by Yancy before- like the Army AA debacle and I do think that was done intentionally to hurt Rosebowl and embarrass him. So, I do think Rosebowl has an ax to grind with them too.

As for me, if Rosebowl wants to hurt Ole Miss and write a book about it, that's fine with me.
    GP didn't lose subscribers. They've grown every year. PJ won't have anything to do with them. Paul works for 24/7, Gene owns GP.
    Last edited by JDog13; 07-18-2017 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    GP didn't lose subscribers. They've grown every year. PJ won't have anything to do with them. Paul owns 24/7, Gene owns GP.
    So, will they be two separate MSU web sites on the CBS sports platform because Genespage is going over to CBS and Paul is making it sound like a merger to me at least?

vCash
    So, will they be two separate MSU web sites on the CBS sports platform because Genespage is going over to CBS and Paul is making it sound like a merger to me at least?
    Yep, two separate sites.

vCash
    Yep, two separate sites.
    Sounds like that is up in the air actually.

vCash
    Sounds like that is up in the air actually.
    It isn't. I assure you.

vCash
    It isn't. I assure you.
    Incorrect. Eventually, it will be one deal together. We will be one of the last to completely merge because of the size of the 2 sites, as will Georgia. We all should get a good idea of how it operates once the OM site completes their merger, which should be done within a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    Incorrect. Eventually, it will be one deal together. We will be one of the last to completely merge because of the size of the 2 sites, as will Georgia. We all should get a good idea of how it operates once the OM site completes their merger, which should be done within a month.
    Of course, anything is possible eventually. It's not happening as of now. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by JDog13; 07-18-2017 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    Of course, anything is possible eventually. It's not happening as of now. I guess we'll see.
    Texas, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and all of the big sites are merging into one site. Already been told by our top boss what is coming. That is where we will be once 247Sports gets to our site. These talks have already happened and it is in place.

vCash

That whole group used every trick in the book to burn Steve and Gene. Heck, they burned one or both of them pretty much every year, apparently for fun. It was predictable and painful to watch. So, yeah, he has a nasty ax to grind there.

The funniest thing about all of this is that now that it actually matters, he hasn't been biting on any of their planted leads and other attempts to hurt his credibility on the NCAA investigation. As much as they hate him, the OM fanboys know Steve's been a far more reliable source than their own freaking writers. David's been a deer stuck in headlights. Chuck sticks his foot in his mouth and doesn't appear smart enough to realize it, and Yancy's resorted to spewing delusional rants like some crackhead on COPs. Whatever you think of Steve, it's been pretty entertaining to watch as it's unfolded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    Texas, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and all of the big sites are merging into one site. Already been told by our top boss what is coming. That is where we will be once 247Sports gets to our site. These talks have already happened and it is in place.
    K