Thread: The Future of MSU Football

vCash

The Future of MSU Football

Lets fast forward 5 years to 2022.

Will Nick Saban be retired? If so, the reigns of the SEC will be up for grabs. (I still think Bama will be good post-Saban, but he is the greatest head coach living, irreplaceable)

Will DM still be on the sidelines? If so, Jalen Maden would be a Redshirt Senior, Dan will have put Dak, Fitz, and KT in the NFL. With the recruiting of big time QBs brings a few elite WR talent and good OL talent, along with a defense that was coached a few years by Grantham and finally had some consistency. There will be Pro-Bowl Defensive talent in the NFL from State such as Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, Benardrick Mckinney, KJ Wright, Chris Jones, Preston Smith, Jeffrey Simmons, etc.

TCUN will not even be able to remember what a bowl game looks like and the top talent in MS will no longer be bought out of not going to the FLAGSHIP university that is MSU.

State could be primed to take over the Sec West by this time. I truly believe that if Dan stays another 5-7 years, he will have taken us above and beyond the heights we have already been too. We still need to recruit some positions better, have more consistency in coaching, and break up the country club, but I see it on the horizon.

Hail State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    Lets fast forward 5 years to 2022.

Will Nick Saban be retired? If so, the reigns of the SEC will be up for grabs. (I still think Bama will be good post-Saban, but he is the greatest head coach living, irreplaceable)

Will DM still be on the sidelines? If so, Jalen Maden would be a Redshirt Senior, Dan will have put Dak, Fitz, and KT in the NFL. With the recruiting of big time QBs brings a few elite WR talent and good OL talent, along with a defense that was coached a few years by Grantham and finally had some consistency. There will be Pro-Bowl Defensive talent in the NFL from State such as Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, Benardrick Mckinney, KJ Wright, Chris Jones, Preston Smith, Jeffrey Simmons, etc.

TCUN will not even be able to remember what a bowl game looks like and the top talent in MS will no longer be bought out of not going to the FLAGSHIP university that is MSU.

State could be primed to take over the Sec West by this time. I truly believe that if Dan stays another 5-7 years, he will have taken us above and beyond the heights we have already been too. We still need to recruit some positions better, have more consistency in coaching, and break up the country club, but I see it on the horizon.

Hail State.
    Answer to number one is Saban won't be retired. He will go out in a pine box. I think it's 50/50 Mullen is here 7 years from now. And, no way we "take over" the west. Will we be competitive, absolutely, but Bama, LSU and Aubie will still be top dogs. A and M is a sleeping giant as well. I think we will continue to improve and over the next 5-7 years make a jump from 6-8 wins with a couple of great seasons mixed in to 7-10 wins on average with a legit shot at winning the west if Mullen sticks around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Answer to number one is Saban won't be retired. He will go out in a pine box. I think it's 50/50 Mullen is here 7 years from now. And, no way we "take over" the west. Will we be competitive, absolutely, but Bama, LSU and Aubie will still be top dogs. A and M is a sleeping giant as well. I think we will continue to improve and over the next 5-7 years make a jump from 6-8 wins with a couple of great seasons mixed in to 7-10 wins on average with a legit shot at winning the west if Mullen sticks around.
    Don't think Mullen will be here in 5 years.....coaches just don't last that long at the same school anymore. Fans get tired of them (some of ours already have). As for A&M, if they ever hire a really good coach, look out Bama.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Mullen to Bammer?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I don't think Dan is going anywhere the next five years. He has seen that no one is going to pay him as well as MSU and he realizes that now so he's going to be content making millions and becoming our best coach in school history. He has the best set-up right now than he ever has had since he came to MSU.

I think 2021 could be a huge year for us.

QB- I hope we can redshirt Keytaeon because that would make him a fifth year senior. I understand he will play but I hope it's less than three games. If not Dan has another Elite 11 QB recruit in Mayden who will be a junior. I just don't want to burn his redshirt because Nick gets his helmet ripped off constantly and instead of putting Gabe Myles in the wildcat for a play we burn our future.

ATH- Hopefully we get Jerrion Ealy and he can become Percy agar in 2.0. Hopefully he will play football and minor league baseball at the same time.

RB- if we redshirt Kylin Hill this year while he learns to block, the plays, not fumble, and what a football is he could be special by his fifth year in 2021.

WR- If we land Heath and Whop they will be seniors and I kind of doubt we redshirt them next year. Austin Williams will be a fifth year senior too and he's a good WR too. And it looks like there are some potential four star slot WR guys in the 2019 class like Kyziah Pruitt and Jordan Jernigan.

TE- I really like Brad Cumbest a lot. He will be a really good TE for us as a RS junior probably.

OL- This group worries me because we're only bringing in three from high school this year and as of now none have qualified. I do think the best one- Cordavien Suggs will qualify and he'll start at guard or tackle and he will be a fifth year senior. The good news is I think Keatrivoius Johnson is a special talent and will be a RS junior or senior at left tackle for us by 2021. It looks like there are some pretty good o-linemen in the 2019 class potentially and we'll probably get some more in this class. We may have to get a couple of JUCO's to help us out at some point. Save us DJ Looney.

DL- Should be pretty good- I like Josh Jackson (maybe switches to guard at some point in the future?). Charles Moore is a freak show in the 2019 class. There are some good DE types in the 2018 class that we might get too.

LB- Aaron Odom will be a fifth year senior and then we hopefully will add Jaden Crumedy. If we can redshirt Gay it would be great but Nakobe Dean from Horn Lake is a 2019 LB that is really good and I like Jett Johnson a lot too. They would he juniors or seniors by 2021.

CB- Tyler Williams will be a fifth year senior and then Brandon Turnage is a really good looking 2019 prospect. I may be wrong but I think we end up with Jaylon Reed too.

S- I'm guessing Esias Furdge ends up here. We've also gotten commits from a couple of other safety prospects as well.

K- McPherson is highly thought of. Not sure what punter looks like but in Boniol I trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    TE- I really like Brad Cumbest a lot. He will be a really good TE for us as a RS junior probably.
    I really like this pickup. I played HS ball with his dad, he comes from a good family and his old man was a helluva player.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Mullen to Bammer?
    Kiss my ass Tusk!!!

LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Mullen to Bammer?
    I think A&M will kick the tires after Sumlin gets fired this year.

vCash
    Meh... if we still have Hevesy on the sidelines, we will be a 8-4/9-3 team at best....we have to recruit 2-3 BAMA quality SEC OL every year to get to the next level and Hevesy can't get 1 every 5 years...