Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Way to Go Howland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Maybe it was McCrary idk so Great Job McCrary too!! Great job every coach on our staff on landing a top 15 player in the country!!
    It was Brooks but McCrary may have helped. We definitely made him feel like a priority and Kegler transferring actually helped us land him because he saw an opportunity open up. Al, his dad, mentions it in the CL article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Btw, I don't always say this but I do love the article the Clarion Ledger did with Al Perry yesterday on why Reggie picked us. Coach Howland really did a great job of telling it to him straight on how he is going to use him. The thing I love the most about this recruitment is it sounds like Reggie really has a great attitude and wants to play where he best helps the team. This tells me he is coachable and will fit in well with who Coach Howland has on the team and who he wants to recruit (instead of Newman and Kegler who had an agenda of where they wanted to play and how they wanted to play).
    That is one of the best things the top programs get their players to do. UK, Duke, NC, Kansas all have great players but they also play team basketball. UK has 1 and done guys that are coming off the bench and you never hear about a bunch of drama. Hopefully Howland is getting to the point that he is getting great team players because those make great teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Geezus the Arkansas fans on Twitter are really butt on this one...and the sad part is they are including Reggie in the tweets. IJ came to the rescue but they ripping him as well. What an sad group of idiots they are.
    Yeah a lot of them took it too far. I can see why some would be annoyed since he said he wanted to be close to his sick dad and then commits to a school 7 hours away though. The timing was also weird, nothing has really changed from when he committed to Arkansas calling it "his Kansas, Duke or Kentucky"

After Malik Monk last year it's kinda like "here we go again"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Yeah a lot of them took it too far. I can see why some would be annoyed since he said he wanted to be close to his sick dad and then commits to a school 7 hours away though. The timing was also weird, nothing has really changed from when he committed to Arkansas calling it "his Kansas, Duke or Kentucky"

After Malik Monk last year it's kinda like "here we go again"
    We get it. We had two transfer after being here one year and one ask out of their NLI this past year so we understand it; however when your fans AND your team tweet at him just to harass him it's gone way too far. It's bad form and oversteps big time boundaries. Bitching on message boards and even bitching on Twitter to other fans I get. Tweeting at recruits and student athletes to bitch at them because they didn't pick your school is Kentucky fan creepy.