Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Way to Go Howland

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    Why are we not recruiting more post players, in particular at the 5 spot? Is Ado that good? Don't get me wrong, Herard has shown promise, but we seem to be recruiting elite guys that all play the 2-4.
    We have 2 on the roster and 2/3 more that can play the 5 in a pinch. We're fine at Center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    No thanks we are permanently done with Carter's Flopstar Divas
    Is Robert Woodard on Carter's AAU team? If so, then cool your jets. He's a take regardless of who his damn AAU or high school coach is. All that matters is who his handler is and that's his pops, who is one of my fav Bulldogs of that time. Man if we land Perry and Woodard, our forward position is set for the '18 season

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    All that matters is who his handler is
    I am not talking about an entire AAU team I am talking about the player's that Carter decides to ruin. That is not Robert Woodard.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Why are we not recruiting more post players, in particular at the 5 spot? Is Ado that good? Don't get me wrong, Herard has shown promise, but we seem to be recruiting elite guys that all play the 2-4.
    We have 2 centers that will be here for at a minimum 2 more years IMO. So you don't need a center until earliest 2019 class.

vCash
    I still remember his Dad hitting a 10 foot jumper to defeat Kentucky!

vCash
    As 61 said, Herard and Ado are just fine at the 5, we're in good shape there.

And the bottom line is that in today's game, it's hard to find a true 5 and you don't really need one, either. I mean, Herard was a high 4-star recruit as a 5, and we saw how raw he was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Don't spend any time thinking about who we won't have. The guys we will have are going to be awesome.
    True! Anyone know how many commits we are planning on taking this year? Anyone know what the status of Woodard is?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metrodawg View Post
    Reggie Perry is a good Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wtg George Brooks!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Wtg George Brooks!
    Rep given +1, Atta Boy Brooks!!

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Geezus the Arkansas fans on Twitter are really butt on this one...and the sad part is they are including Reggie in the tweets. IJ came to the rescue but they ripping him as well. What an sad group of idiots they are.

vCash
    Geezus the Arkansas fans on Twitter are really butt on this one...and the sad part is they are including Reggie in the tweets. IJ came to the rescue but they ripping him as well. What an sad group of idiots they are.
    Yep. I would be embarrassed if I were them.

Banned
    vCash
    got any pics? would like to see. lmao. 17 them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    got any pics? would like to see. lmao. 17 them.
    You got google. Use it.

https://twitter.com/IjReady/status/887075124238852096

vCash
    I mean, our fans would do the same thing. Imagine if a 5-star kid who had lived in MS and still played on a MS AAU team had been committed for over a year, along with some other kids on the same team...then he decommitted to be closer to his dad and ended up at a place like Arkansas that was still 6 hours away from his dad.

College fans are pretty much all the same at the end of the day.

vCash
    I mean, our fans would do the same thing. Imagine if a 5-star kid who had lived in MS and still played on a MS AAU team had been committed for over a year, along with some other kids on the same team...then he decommitted to be closer to his dad and ended up at a place like Arkansas that was still 6 hours away from his dad.

We didn't do this to Malik and Mario when they transferred after one year and that's worse. I don't mind them being butt hurt on message boards but going off on him on Twitter is taking it to a whole other level.

vCash

Delete - Point was made in my previous post...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Rep given +1, Atta Boy Brooks!!
    Yeah, I thought he was a McCrary guy because Perry is in Georgia. Great job by Coach Brooks! What states does Brooks not cover?

vCash
    Btw, I don't always say this but I do love the article the Clarion Ledger did with Al Perry yesterday on why Reggie picked us. Coach Howland really did a great job of telling it to him straight on how he is going to use him. The thing I love the most about this recruitment is it sounds like Reggie really has a great attitude and wants to play where he best helps the team. This tells me he is coachable and will fit in well with who Coach Howland has on the team and who he wants to recruit (instead of Newman and Kegler who had an agenda of where they wanted to play and how they wanted to play).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We didn't do this to Malik and Mario when they transferred after one year and that's worse. I don't mind them being butt hurt on message boards but going off on him on Twitter is taking it to a whole other level.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some did.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yeah, I thought he was a McCrary guy because Perry is in Georgia. Great job by Coach Brooks! What states does Brooks not cover?
    Maybe it was McCrary idk so Great Job McCrary too!! Great job every coach on our staff on landing a top 15 player in the country!!