Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If anything else comes out about OM....

vCash

If anything else comes out about OM....

I just don't see how they can keep Bjork and Freeze. At some point the University has to show some accountability for the negative feeling that has been generated because of the actions of these guys. The Rebs fired their women's b-ball coach for a whole lot less and have possibly opened themselves up to a lawsuit from him for protecting these guys this way. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. What say you fellow Dawgs?
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    If they fire Freeze at this point they will be admitting quilt. They plan to fight this all the way and will sue the NCAA in court if it comes to it. They need to fire both, beg the NCAA to have mercy and move on. The road they are going down is going to end at a washed out bridge.

vCash
    One thing I am kind of wondering about is why Freeze hasn't reached a buyout for his resignation.

If Ole Miss doesn't want to fire him now because they'll owe him money & can fire him for free after the show cause, then why hasn't Freeze negotiated a buyout so that he gets to keep a portion on the money.

If he gets a show cause, he gets nothing. At least by doing this he is rich for the rest of his life.

I guess he's that delusional, or Ole Miss isn't into negotiating a buyout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    One thing I am kind of wondering about is why Freeze hasn't reached a buyout for his resignation.

If Ole Miss doesn't want to fire him now because they'll owe him money & can fire him for free after the show cause, then why hasn't Freeze negotiated a buyout so that he gets to keep a portion on the money.

If he gets a show cause, he gets nothing. At least by doing this he is rich for the rest of his life.

I think they believe they can drag this out until December and have someone ready to take over then. This season is a wash and they've been battling tooth and nail. If they screw around and win 6 games, they might be able to attract a coach decent enough to believe they can right the ship and win. At least that's what I think.

They are going to try and get a good coach and they are untouchable right now. Diseased and ugly. Why make a change now. It either gets worse and makes no difference or you overachieve and pray a decent coach is interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If they fire Freeze at this point they will be admitting quilt. They plan to fight this all the way and will sue the NCAA in court if it comes to it. They need to fire both, beg the NCAA to have mercy and move on. The road they are going down is going to end at a washed out bridge.
    As much as Freeze cares about his reputation and desire to be liked, I think that if he is fired or gets a show cause then I bet he will throw some folks under the bus on his way out which could be real bad for some big boosters

vCash

Wiggins filing suit would be icing on the cake.......They would settle with him to

make it go away so not sure what he has to lose at this point.......He's a fool if he doesn't..........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    It's just an evil persecution of an upstanding Christian man. Freeze has done nothing wrong.

vCash
    I get the feeling that this story is approaching the "tipping point".

Banned
    vCash
    I don't see how they've kept them to this point.....

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    I don't see how they've kept them to this point.....
    I can tell you how....Because of Vitter.
    The OM power boosters got exactly what they wanted in Vitter. They wanted a guy that was just happy to be in the position and too much of a pushover to stand up to them. It had more to do with UMMC, but the same principle now applies to the athletics department. Outside influences now control everything

vCash

I'm pretty sure that OM could have fired Freeze with cause after the first NOA.....and they definitely could've fired him with cause after the second one. The only way that Freeze is getting any kind of buyout is if he has hard evidence that he uses to blackmail them......and that is a complete fantasy, so he isn't getting a buyout.

vCash
    OM is banking that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to drop a DP or the sanctions the matrix prescribes which would essentially equate to an on field DP.

And they are banking that the SEC doesn't have the balls to expel them for the embarrassment and disruption they are causing the conference.

My solemn prayer is that one or both shock the sports world and finds the balls to put those sh!tbirds in their place. By doing so they would send a clear signal that they are not to be trifled with.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Of course they can fire him for cause and a contract is nullified, but there is that issue of where the bodies are buried and he has the ability to burn Tara to the ground if they don't pay.

I thing Hugh is safe and snug no matter the outcome. His division one coaching career ends in Starkville this year though.

If he even gets there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Of course they can fire him for cause and a contract is nullified, but there is that issue of where the bodies are buried and he has the ability to burn Tara to the ground if they don't pay.

I thing Hugh is safe and snug no matter the outcome. His division one coaching career ends in Starkville this year though.

If he even gets there.
    I don't think he would roll on them no matter what happens. For one, doing so would more or less ensure he could never do anything in sports, coaching or otherwise, above the middle division high school level ever again. Second, and maybe more important, spilling his guts would mean personally admitting that everything said about him through this process is true, which I don't think he could face given how he handles the slightest criticism.

It's going to be interesting though. While I'm sure there's an agreement for compensation in place in case he got burned, I'm thinking the boosters involved will have second thoughts about paying up when their program is a smoking crater and they have nothing tangible to show for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I don't think he would roll on them no matter what happens. For one, doing so would more or less ensure he could never do anything in sports, coaching or otherwise, above the middle division high school level ever again. Second, and maybe more important, spilling his guts would mean personally admitting that everything said about him through this process is true, which I don't think he could face given how he handles the slightest criticism.

It's going to be interesting though. While I'm sure there's an agreement for compensation in place in case he got burned, I'm thinking the boosters involved will have second thoughts about paying up when their program is a smoking crater and they have nothing tangible to show for it.
    They didn't expect Nutt to sue them either for their PR campaign of blaming Nutt for everything. After this Freeze is more than likely done anyway. Nutt didn't get another job and neither did Tressell so I doubt someone who did 10 times the amount of sanctions will get another gig. Freeze's only option for a payday is either blackmail or a lawsuit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    OM is banking that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to drop a DP or the sanctions the matrix prescribes which would essentially equate to an on field DP.

And they are banking that the SEC doesn't have the balls to expel them for the embarrassment and disruption they are causing the conference.

My solemn prayer is that one or both shock the sports world and finds the balls to put those sh!tbirds in their place. By doing so they would send a clear signal that they are not to be trifled with.

I've felt that way since the 2013 class. I think they made a decision that cheating is worth it no matter what and they were gonna ride that decision all the way to the end. They reached the point of no return with NOA2 and now we'll see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I've felt that way since the 2013 class. I think they made a decision that cheating is worth it no matter what and they were gonna ride that decision all the way to the end. They reached the point of no return with NOA2 and now we'll see what happens.
    2009, 10 & 11 with 2014 where they had to watch us steal the spotlight most of the season has left an indelible mark on their precious psyche.

The fascinating part for me is where do you go from here if you are them? Picking up where you left off could cost them everything.

Kind of a conundrum.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    I just don't see how they can keep Bjork and Freeze. At some point the University has to show some accountability for the negative feeling that has been generated because of the actions of these guys. The Rebs fired their women's b-ball coach for a whole lot less and have possibly opened themselves up to a lawsuit from him for protecting these guys this way. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. What say you fellow Dawgs?

Well we will get to find out soon enough because something else is coming out. I've learned throughout this process to never assume that this bunch will "have to" do anything regarding firing Freeze, but when this hits I can't wait to hear how they spin it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    I think they are stuck in between a rock and a hard place. I don't think they can hire anyone outside of a die hard Ole Miss fan to be their head coach right now. So, their options are to stay with Freeze or go with an interim who I assume would probably be McGriff. They last time they did that in 1994 it didn't work out very well for them so that's part of it.

Ultimately what I think will probably happen is Freeze will be the one that they throw under the bus like they did with Nutt, which will probably open them up to being sued again because his career will be effectively over.

If they're not careful their Network is ultimately going to destroy them unless someone steps in and stops it. They're only making things worse for themselves by releasing the names of players that were supposed to be confidential through their fan sites and then blaming Nutt for the sanctions to keep their 2016 class intact...which I think the NCAA is going to look at and not be very happy about and could potentially increase their penalties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I can tell you how....Because of Vitter.
    The OM power boosters got exactly what they wanted in Vitter. They wanted a guy that was just happy to be in the position and too much of a pushover to stand up to them. It had more to do with UMMC, but the same principle now applies to the athletics department. Outside influences now control everything
    To your point the EXACT SAME people are in charge at UMMC who have been running up debt and mismanaging the hospital year after year under Jones and now Vitter. You would think that if the Dan Jones firing was really about that there would have been changes made at the executive level at UMMC but that hasn't happened. Maybe everyone straightened up but I think as of last year the debt for the hospital was at approximately 35 million if I remember correctly which tells me nothing has really changed. Basically this is a case of Ole Miss again using UMMC at their convenience.