Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ethics Commission rules booster names must be released

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I AM SHOCKED!!!! The C-L actually reported on this today!! What it says in the article is they have 7 days from date of the order, which I am assuming means next Thursday the 20th, to release the NOA with all boosters names involved and only the SA redacted, to comply with the order. Now it also says there can be a delay requested, but only by the university, and also didn't mention any repercussions for not releasing the names.

If OM does in fact release the info, and along with the rumored bomb dropping, next week might set a record for popcorn sales in the state!!!
    So the CL wrote an article explaining that the university could delay it?

Not surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Not surprised.
    Probably forwarded and advanced copy to bjork with that section bolded, highlighted, and underlined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If it's the same guy, he is a director of a "large" high school band. Many members from all over the state.
    @bozo2066 ?

Banned
    vCash
    So at some point in time are we indeed going to know the names of these boosters? or can ole miss delay that forever?

I've been hoping that if they ARE released, and there were any free tacos involved, that would make an epic story when combined with other flagrant cheating and suing student athletes.

maybe even a new movie? or 30-30? call it "The Bad Side".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Gotcha. So really, we are just talking about the difference in the names being released this month or being released in October or November? It seems like the University would eventually decide to stop being so defiant on every front of this investigation, and maybe that would buy them a shred of leniency. Especially considering this particular topic where there is so little to be gained by keeping the names withheld. But, I keep expecting OM to do the smart thing and yet they keep doing the opposite. It's beautiful.
    Agree HSV, this is to me the most curious and unintelligent aspect of this entire case. There appears to be nobody with common sense leading the university, nor does there appear to be anybody that these leaders answer to with the intelligence to dictate common sense to minimize the penalties. To me, this shows just how high up the chain the members of the Network are that are invested in TCUN's all-out denial as they are definitely ALL-IN.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Not surprised.
    So I'm still anxious to see if anyone, ANYONE, will ASK Vitter or Bjork or whoever, if they are going to release the names by this Thursday, and if nor then WHY NOT?!?!

vCash

Angry

Just curious, but why does anyone think the names won't eventually be released? I don't think there has ever been an investigation in NCAA history when all the names didn't come out eventually.
    this right here http://http://gotnews.com/haley-barb...sippi-run-off/ is one reason why the names may not come out. there are some serious forces at work in the perception vs reality game here in mississippi and in the-land-of-the-free-and-the-home-of-the-brave....

vCash
    But none of that has anything to do with the University's case with the NCAA. The University has no vested interest in appearing non-compliant to temporarily appease these donors, businessmen, etc. because its all going to come out eventually within 4 months at the latest. The question is why does the university care so much about fighting this 100% guaranteed losing battle? I hope they do keep it up because they are just cutting off their ears to spite their face (the nose was already hacked off long ago). But you'd think they would have to wise up at some point. You would think....
    What they may be concerned about is how the giving of dollars is taking place. We already know there is a price for a named suite at the Inn. We know that there are boosters associated with those suites. It's not a far stretch to think that OM played games with donations thinking that was a way to shield the big boosters from any actions.