Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ethics Commission rules booster names must be released

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    I AM SHOCKED!!!! The C-L actually reported on this today!! What it says in the article is they have 7 days from date of the order, which I am assuming means next Thursday the 20th, to release the NOA with all boosters names involved and only the SA redacted, to comply with the order. Now it also says there can be a delay requested, but only by the university, and also didn't mention any repercussions for not releasing the names.

If OM does in fact release the info, and along with the rumored bomb dropping, next week might set a record for popcorn sales in the state!!!
    And you know summers with the only sport MLB, used to be really dull, not this summer.

vCash
    Although I have believed all along that OM will will take a huge hit sanctions wise, I also strongly believe these names will never see the light of day.

The ethics commission is going to lose a lot of credibility as well; just another casualty of that cesspool's behavior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Although I have believed all along that OM will will take a huge hit sanctions wise, I also strongly believe these names will never see the light of day.

The ethics commission is going to lose a lot of credibility as well; just another casualty of that cesspool's behavior.
    The sanctions will likely force them to release the names. They are going to have an angry mob of kool-aid drinkers demanding accountability on their hands soon. The gravity of this will hit when the penalties get read.

vCash
    I have been watching the list of OM boosters that is posted above..... There are some names that have CHANGED or been re-worded. Those names are on a that has been complied by several... Going to be interesting to see IF that name is on the list of illegal donations/boosters...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    I have been watching the list of OM boosters that is posted above..... There are some names that have CHANGED or been re-worded. Those names are on a that has been complied by several... Going to be interesting to see IF that name is on the list of illegal donations/boosters...
    You mean the "anonymous" donors and the so an so foundation donors?

The most of me thinks they will not release these names. My question is when the NCAA makes it's ruling and announces the why, will they name the boosters?

vCash
    I would like to know the penalty for not carrying out actions required by the Ethics Commission. That's going to determine whether or not this actually happens.

vCash

Very few

Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I would like to know the penalty for not carrying out actions required by the Ethics Commission. That's going to determine whether or not this actually happens.
    There is not much in the way of enforcement or penalties. There will be something filed by one of the boosters that Ole Miss will hide behind to keep from releasing names. I don't expect them to stop avoiding or attempting to hide truth. They've done it this whole time. They won't stop now.

They may pull Paul Finebaum down with them on their way down.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    There is not much in the way of enforcement or penalties. There will be something filed by one of the boosters that Ole Miss will hide behind to keep from releasing names. I don't expect them to stop avoiding or attempting to hide truth. They've done it this whole time. They won't stop now.

The ruling actually said they cannot use boosters named as a reason to not release. That's what this last delay was about. They gave John Doe the chance to tell them what number booster he was in the NOA to consider keeping his name private, and he did to provide them that info. The only delay will come directly from OM itself! There can be no more reasons for them to request Another delay. NONE!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    You mean the "anonymous" donors and the so an so foundation donors?

The most of me thinks they will not release these names. My question is when the NCAA makes it's ruling and announces the why, will they name the boosters?
    Just curious, but why does anyone think the names won't eventually be released? I don't think there has ever been an investigation in NCAA history when all the names didn't come out eventually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Just curious, but why does anyone think the names won't eventually be released? I don't think there has ever been an investigation in NCAA history when all the names didn't come out eventually.
    I think the NCAA will release them when the final report is made. I thought I remembered hearing that. I suppose someone with google-fu could look up some older, finalized rulings to see if boosters are named by the NCAA in those instances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post

Yeah my expectation is they won't release either. They aren't going to do anything they aren't legally forced to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Yeah my expectation is they won't release either. They aren't going to do anything they aren't legally forced to do.
    They are legally forced to do so. You can read the MEC website to see what tools they have to enforce their orders. MEC could remove people at Ole Miss who are standing in the way.

As with any legal thing, there could be an appeal. Sources say case law makes this situation so crystal clear that the appeal would not be heard by a court. John Doe has already tried once and stepped back from filing an appeal in court.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I think the NCAA will release them when the final report is made. I thought I remembered hearing that. I suppose someone with google-fu could look up some older, finalized rulings to see if boosters are named by the NCAA in those instances.
    Gotcha. So really, we are just talking about the difference in the names being released this month or being released in October or November? It seems like the University would eventually decide to stop being so defiant on every front of this investigation, and maybe that would buy them a shred of leniency. Especially considering this particular topic where there is so little to be gained by keeping the names withheld. But, I keep expecting OM to do the smart thing and yet they keep doing the opposite. It's beautiful.

vCash
    What is to be gained by not publishing names of the boosters....
    1. Many of the boosters have BIG MONEY..... own businesses
    2. How many people will STOP doing business with these so called "HONEST" businesses.
    3. It's all about the ""SHOW ME YOUR MONEY"
    4. Some people are going to be come unemployed and these are people in addition to those at OM.....
    5. Some of these could be lawyers and could lose their ability to practice law -- unethical behavior????
    6. Some of these could be doctors????
    7. At least one of these owns a car dealership -- already disassociated from OM.
    8. ?????? Are some of these the LOCAL BOYS who did all the DIRTY WORK at certain high schools?

Just for thought......

Banned
    vCash
    2. How many people will STOP doing business with these so called "HONEST" businesses.
    4. Some people are going to be come unemployed and these are people in addition to those at OM.....
    5. Some of these could be lawyers and could lose their ability to practice law -- unethical behavior????
    7. At least one of these owns a car dealership -- already disassociated from OM.
    8. ?????? Are some of these the LOCAL BOYS who did all the DIRTY WORK at certain high schools?

Just for thought......
    But none of that has anything to do with the University's case with the NCAA. The University has no vested interest in appearing non-compliant to temporarily appease these donors, businessmen, etc. because its all going to come out eventually within 4 months at the latest. The question is why does the university care so much about fighting this 100% guaranteed losing battle? I hope they do keep it up because they are just cutting off their ears to spite their face (the nose was already hacked off long ago). But you'd think they would have to wise up at some point. You would think....

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

Just for thought......
    And don't forget the everyday soldiers. Looking at Steve's twitter comments, I've tracked 3 or 4 people that are associated with ole miss or have influence in the state. I found everything from high school coaches to honor band directors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    And don't forget the everyday soldiers. Looking at Steve's twitter comments, I've tracked 3 or 4 people that are associated with ole miss or have influence in the state. I found everything from high school coaches to honor band directors.
    I can tell you ALL about certain high school coaches, administrations... now that you mention I guess I am going to dig into that list also.. Just curious if a certain band director is involved.... hum???

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I can tell you ALL about certain high school coaches, administrations... now that you mention I guess I am going to dig into that list also.. Just curious if a certain band director is involved.... hum???
    If it's the same guy, he is a director of a "large" high school band. Many members from all over the state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    If it's the same guy, he is a director of a "large" high school band. Many members from all over the state.
    check your pm

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    check your pm

KO, you from Kosy???

Honor band??? Like, MS all-state Lion's Band? Somebody PM me on this....I may have means to dig deeper on this.