Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ethics Commission rules booster names must be released

vCash
    Y'all are still missing THE story here. Who cares about the boosters. Somebody at UM violated the FERPA law, confirmed. That has some VERY serious repercussions. Leo and Kobe need to file a complaint under that law asap. That has the potential to seriously harm the so called UNIVERSITY up there, not just the athletic program. The Ole Miss Conferderate Rebel Bears could not have handled this any worse than they have. If I'm an an alumni up there I would have to be furious. Come to think of it I AM an alumni. My professional degree is from UMC. I AM furious! LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think it's per day or per page or something, so legally it may actually add up. If they have to back pay the costs, and it's based on a daily fine, that could add up.
    I may be wrong, but I think (and I cannot quote Ms Code Annotated) there is remedy in circuit court. If I remember right, the offending party ( the one refusing to submit to the order) can be held in contempt of court. Contempt of court can have jail time or monetary fines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Damn and I thought Cspire were State guys. Switching to Verizon!
    They probably donate to all the schools in state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Y'all are still missing THE story here. Who cares about the boosters. Somebody at UM violated the FERPA law, confirmed. That has some VERY serious repercussions. Leo and Kobe need to file a complaint under that law asap. That has the potential to seriously harm the so called UNIVERSITY up there, not just the athletic program. The Ole Miss Conferderate Rebel Bears could not have handled this any worse than they have. If I'm an an alumni up there I would have to be furious. Come to think of it I AM an alumni. My professional degree is from UMC. I AM furious! LOL!
    You have my prayers Liverpool, LOL.

Yes, Mississippi has severe liability problems. They have accreditation problems, they allowed players that committed fraud on the ACT to enter the University. They have problems with the US Dept. of Education allowing players to get Pell Grants (Jerrel Powe) that did not make the requirements for admission.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    If you want to see a list of boosters..... Look it up... public information....

http://givetoathletics.com/vaught-society-2/members/

Interesting information for many people on this site......
    I saw Cooper, but no Eli, Peyton, or Archie. Maybe they're one of those named "Anonymous". Nutt's name wasn't on there either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Exactly. if the SA's file a complaint, which they should do and be compelled to do, and the world gets real ugly quick.

vCash
    Eli is in the Builder's Circle in the very top box.

Bill Jordan (Realtree) is in the top box as well, gonna have to find some different camo for hunting season.
    Last edited by Buddy; 07-14-2017 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

Bill Jordan (Realtree) is in the top box as well, gonna have to find some different camo for hunting season.
    You're correct ... thanks. I guess I read right over it since his wife's name is listed first, and I didn't know his name was Elisha. Totally missed the "Manning", even though they're alphabetical.

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I saw Cooper, but no Eli, Peyton, or Archie. Maybe they're one of those named "Anonymous". Nutt's name wasn't on there either.
    Eli is on the list... Abby and Elisha Manning (1st group)
    Cooper and Ellen (4th group)
    Archie and Oliva (6th group center box)

Peyton I am not seeing....... maybe the reason he was the ONLY Manning at the Espy's

Liverpooldawg...... Why would anyone violate the FERPA Laws... The FERPA Law was broken at at least ONE local high school. Depending on the laws as to where a recruiter can be in a school or on school property there may have been even more FERPA Laws broken.... I don't believe that a recruiter is allowed in the field house before during and after a ball game...
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 07-14-2017 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Peyton probably gives his money to UT. He has no reason to donate to OM.

vCash

Peyton I am not seeing....... maybe the reason he was the ONLY Manning at the Espy's
    He must give money to Tennessee. Not sure how wealthy Archie is since he played so long ago and they didn't get paid much then. Maybe he got rich with Yella Wood. I'm sure Eli and Peyton are well off; not sure where Cooper gets his money though ... maybe from that restaurant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    CSpire near the top of the list. Wow.

Think about that when considering phone companies.
    C Spire is a Mississippi company. They have a box at Davis Wade as well. There are tons of MSU alumni who are employed there, so picking your phone company solely based on part of the story hurts a lot more than Ole Miss.

http://www.msufoundation.com/s/811/f...id=1&pgid=1625

https://www.cspire.com/company_info/...foundation.jsp
    Last edited by QuadrupleOption; 07-14-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    So I asked this earlier, will the CL or any other state news agency grasp this and start asking WHEN they will release this??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    So I asked this earlier, will the CL or any other state news agency grasp this and start asking WHEN they will release this??
    I wouldn't hold my breath.... They've refused to cover it up until this point, why would they start now?

vCash

Liverpooldawg...... Why would anyone violate the FERPA Laws... The FERPA Law was broken at at least ONE local high school. Depending on the laws as to where a recruiter can be in a school or on school property there may have been even more FERPA Laws broken.... I don't believe that a recruiter is allowed in the field house before during and after a ball game...
    Looking over those lists brought back some memories. I'm surprised by how many folks I used to associate with professionally that are on those lists. Some are some real characters, others I used to enjoy their friendships. There are some names mysteriously not out front, but used to give lots of money...wink, wink..if you know what I mean.. I guess they used to enjoy networking amongst themselves..
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    **Out of context**
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 07-15-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    But CSpire is at the top of UM'a donor list. Big difference.
    Yep
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

If only there was an identical product who's company is based in Mississippi and supports MSU***

Banned
    vCash
    I AM SHOCKED!!!! The C-L actually reported on this today!! What it says in the article is they have 7 days from date of the order, which I am assuming means next Thursday the 20th, to release the NOA with all boosters names involved and only the SA redacted, to comply with the order. Now it also says there can be a delay requested, but only by the university, and also didn't mention any repercussions for not releasing the names.

If OM does in fact release the info, and along with the rumored bomb dropping, next week might set a record for popcorn sales in the state!!!