Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sallach leaves, Rocky retires per twitter

vCash

Hmmm......Leaving to look for other opportunities? Most people accept other

employment before they quit what they have, unless he was asked to leave.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    employment before they quit what they have, unless he was asked to leave.
    Who knows? My guess is he probably wants to be an on field coach again to be honest. Sometimes people leave jobs when they have been demoted too. Or if they think they have been treated unfairly. If you are him it has to be shitty to be demoted so that Hevesy- a guy that Sallach coached as well as and recruited better than- stays where he is and he's replaced by a guy to help Hevesy do his damn job.

He's also in the range where he could leave off whatever desk job he had at MSU is he wants to keep it off his resume' to make it look like he wasn't demoted. He was probably paid well enough that he could reasonably live comfortably for six months until the next big coaching cycle comes around too.

vCash
    Sallach isnt close to as good a coach as Hevesy. Wasn't any better recruiting either, and that's bad.

vCash
    Sallach was replaced because he wasnt getting the job done. Because he was a buddy- Mullen held on to him at least 2 years too long

vCash
    I'm just gonna throw this out there: Is this Cohen's influence on Dan now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Sallach was replaced because he wasnt getting the job done. Because he was a buddy- Mullen held on to him at least 2 years too long
    I'm stunned this change happened. I've got to think Cohen played a part in this. If we are gonna win chsmpionships, we have to do things champions do. Champions don't keep guys like this. TEs were awful under him. Need a better coach and recruiter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'm stunned this change happened. I've got to think Cohen played a part in this. If we are gonna win chsmpionships, we have to do things champions do. Champions don't keep guys like this. TEs were awful under him. Need a better coach and recruiter.
    I didn't think our TE's were THAT bad. Jordan Thomas, Justin Johnson, Farrod Green were all productive last year and Malcolm Johnson played in the league. I will say that they weren't anything to brag about either but I don't think I would consider them awful.

Now I do agree that the changes that have happened probably do have something to do with Cohen. Dan has been totally different since he took over in a good way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Another option is Dan could have told him we're giving you until July to find another job.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Who knows? My guess is he probably wants to be an on field coach again to be honest. Sometimes people leave jobs when they have been demoted too. Or if they think they have been treated unfairly. If you are him it has to be shitty to be demoted so that Hevesy- a guy that Sallach coached as well as and recruited better than- stays where he is and he's replaced by a guy to help Hevesy do his damn job.

He's also in the range where he could leave off whatever desk job he had at MSU is he wants to keep it off his resume' to make it look like he wasn't demoted. He was probably paid well enough that he could reasonably live comfortably for six months until the next big coaching cycle comes around too.
    How do you feel about Hevesy tho? Asking for a friend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    How do you feel about Hevesy tho? Asking for a friend
    Hev may not be the best recruiter, but he has landed our last 2 starting QBs - one is an NFL ROY the other is a Heisman Dark Horse. That alone puts him light years ahead of Sallach.