Thread: My be Gemans but just heard Felker retired

vCash

My be Gemans but just heard Felker retired

at end of June
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    No, I had not heard. Who is taking his place? What ever happened to the Coach Austin guy?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Congrats to him! He is a great Bulldog.

Banned
    vCash
    Need some input from Ifyouonlyknew

vCash
    Retired end of June. Great Bulldog and friend. Job announcement posted on HR site.

vCash
    Great Bulldog.....I think he was our last player to win SEC Player of the Year (unless Dak won it).
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Didn't know that . Hope he enjoys his retirement, he deserves it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Congrats to him! He is a great Bulldog.
    I owe a great deal and have much admiration for him. He is a true gentleman in every sense of the word. He hired me as a GA in 1990, which happened to be his last year as HC at MSU. I was fortunate to stay on another year when Jackie was hired in Dec. 1990. But, Rocky gave me the break and chance to grow as a coach and be at MSU. Its very exciting to be involved with your school you grew up loving and being a fan.

vCash
    Thanks to Rocky for all he's done for MSU! Enjoy your retirement, you earned it.

vCash
    We owe him a special debt of gratitude for holding the program and recruiting class together in 2009 after Croom was fired. He held that class together, Mullen closed it.

vCash
    He will be coming back part time soon. I can't remember the exact number if it's 60 or 90 days that he has to wait. But him and Strat are both coming back in new roles in the ad department. I know strat will be Cohen's assistant but have not heard a title on rocky yet.

vCash
    Wouldn't surprise me if Rockey goes to work for the Bulldog Club

vCash
    Rocky was the QB when I was at State. Couple of great games that bowl year. The Memphis State comeback with 2 min left and the Sun Bowl win. A good guy and a good dawg.

vCash
    I understand his wife is in a battle with cancer that has been going on for a few years....I wish them well

vCash
    Hell, I thought it was Germans because it happened in June.

Looks like I broke the damn story judging by all the media just now reporting it today on Twitter
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times