Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If freeze misses media days

vCash

If freeze misses media days

It'll be due to something other than not going. He'll blame it on a mechanical failure or sudden illness in the family. There will be some excuse other than he's a bald beaver.

Banned
    vCash
    Freeze won't Miss Media days.

vCash
    He will be there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Freeze won't Miss Media days.
    He'll show up with laryngitis**

vCash
    I know you guys don't like the CL. But Kellenburger lays it to ole missy today on the lawsuit. I won't bother trying to post the article, cause last time I did, it got deleted by one of the proctors.

vCash
    Freeze won't miss. Baghdad Chuck will be hip-checking people out of the way to ask questions. When the lawsuit or the NCAA comes up, Freeze will just say he can't comment about on going cases

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    I know you guys don't like the CL. But Kellenburger lays it to ole missy today on the lawsuit. I won't bother trying to post the article, cause last time I did, it got deleted by one of the proctors.
    Feel free to copy and paste

vCash
    Kellenberger: Ole Miss has only itself to blame for the Houston Nutt lawsuit
    Hugh Kellenberger , The Clarion-Ledger Published 3:44 p.m. CT July 12, 2017 | Updated 5:50 p.m. CT July 12, 2017

0:08
    4:34

How much will the NCAA process affect Ole Miss' season?

The Rebels already know they are going to have a bowl ban this season, but there's the threat of the NCAA verdict coming down mid-season and even coach Hugh Freeze being suspended. Hugh Kellenberger and Antonio Morales talk about what all of that is going to do to the Rebels. Wochit

Be scared of the man who has nothing to lose, because sometimes he’ll tell the world you’re a liar who gets mad when people criticize you … a day before you have to talk to more than a thousand media members.

It’s easy to laugh at Houston Nutt filing a lawsuit against Ole Miss Wednesday — the guy who got fired for winning only two games with half of his team on the verge of academic probation is upset he didn’t get another job? That's a rolling eye emoji + money sign text response if I've ever seen one.

But remember that Nutt was only 55 when he left Oxford in 2011. He had won a lot of games for a lot of years. He knew it didn’t work out at Ole Miss, but he said repeatedly on his way out the door that he still felt like he had a lot to give.

It’s been six years though, and Nutt has never worked in college football again. Pretty much any job he has ever been connected to has started with him publicly saying he wants the gig, and even that has happened less and less the last couple of years.

I can tell you that it seems to me the game just left Houston Nutt behind at some point. He wasn’t getting the right recruits, both in talent and discipline, and his schemes were old-fashioned, even just as the hurry-up, no huddle era of college football was really getting started. And college football as a whole, even on the lower levels, has decided it’s more worthwhile to take a chance on the 34-year-old offensive coordinator than the 55-year-old failed SEC head coach. Take the upside, sacrifice “winning the press conference.”

But is that the whole reason Nutt works as an analyst for CBS Sports Network? Is it maybe at least a little bit about Ole Miss making a key part of its defense against the NCAA investigation that it was all Nutt’s fault?

That’s what the lawsuit filed Wednesday in federal court in Oxford alleges, and there’s absolutely a case for defamation of character. Nutt’s name does not appear in the Notice of Allegations — either one. Hugh Freeze’s does. The vast majority of violations occurred after Freeze took control of the program, counter to Ole Miss’ claim for more than two years.

If this case ever went to court, that part is easy. Proving damages is harder, but is that even the game here?

Nutt clearly felt disrespected — he told as much to several outlets over the years — and reached a point where he had enough. Ole Miss thought it could place all the blame on him? Well, when you do that to a guy he sometimes has his lawyer file a lawsuit that says, “It is common knowledge among sports journalists that Coach Freeze does not take kindly to criticism” and claims you knowingly lied to sports journalists and prospects in order to have a good recruiting class. And he’ll do it a day before your head coach goes to SEC Media Days.

On Thursday, Freeze will have to take the podium in Hoover, Alabama amid another round of public ridicule for Ole Miss during this NCAA investigation. If it weren’t enough that Ole Miss missed a bowl game by getting blown out at home to its rival … if there wasn’t a coming NCAA judgment that threatens to level the program and cost Freeze his job … if an Ole Miss booster wasn’t also suing a pair of Mississippi State players … now you also have Nutt's lawyer putting some of Ole Miss’ business out on front street.

Be scared of the man who has nothing to lose, because sometimes he’ll find a way to get even.

vCash
    What if Freeze gets deposed at media days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Freeze won't miss. Baghdad Chuck will be hip-checking people out of the way to ask questions. When the lawsuit or the NCAA comes up, Freeze will just say he can't comment about on going cases
    Yep, he might be a little sleepy looking because he will be in PR class until they leave for the show tomorrow
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    It'll be due to something other than not going. He'll blame it on a mechanical failure or sudden illness in the family. There will be some excuse other than he's a bald beaver.
    No way the ***** misses this. He will go in and either
    1. Act like a righteous dick that is above the entire situation or
    B. Go in like he has to work hard everyday to walk the path others has defined for him.

Note reference to big bro Buzz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    No way the ***** misses this. He will go in and either
    1. Act like a righteous dick that is above the entire situation or
    B. Go in like he has to work hard everyday to walk the path others has defined for him.

Note reference to big bro Buzz.
    I bet A
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Yea shannon
    Last edited by Dawg61; 07-13-2017 at 12:41 AM.

vCash
    This has the makings of a PR disaster that would rival Draft Night. I doubt Freeze shows up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    This has the makings of a PR disaster that would rival Draft Night. I doubt Freeze shows up.
    Big bible quote in the early morning tomorrow then an "aw shucks" routine at B'Ham in the afternoon.

I knew something would happen today with a negative slant to OM or Freeze, because he was quoting scripture this morning.

When he quotes anything biblical about adversity, bad news is coming, bet the house on it

vCash
    Isn't their repercussions from the league if a coach fails to show?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Isn't their repercussions from the league if a coach fails to show?
    They will be fined unless it is for a just cause, sickness, death in the family, etc. Fulmer did no show once because of attorneys hanging out to serve him for deposition and was fined. There is rumbling from radio row (Jacksonville radio station in Birmingham I believe) that he may be a no show tomorrow. I don't buy it yet though.

vCash
    He will Show and he will be passive of anything related to this lawsuit. He will do his best to dodge NCAA questions. It'll be boring. With that said- its highly likely this will be his last major public appearance as OM head coach.
    Yes- that Behr

Banned
    vCash
    Maybe he "resigns" in the morning to not be a distraction any long to this university that he loves!!

vCash

Nutt clearly felt disrespected — he told as much to several outlets over the years — and reached a point where he had enough. Ole Miss thought it could place all the blame on him? Well, when you do that to a guy he sometimes has his lawyer file a lawsuit that says, “It is common knowledge among sports journalists that Coach Freeze does not take kindly to criticism” and claims you knowingly lied to sports journalists and prospects in order to have a good recruiting class. And he’ll do it a day before your head coach goes to SEC Media Days.

On Thursday, Freeze will have to take the podium in Hoover, Alabama amid another round of public ridicule for Ole Miss during this NCAA investigation. If it weren’t enough that Ole Miss missed a bowl game by getting blown out at home to its rival … if there wasn’t a coming NCAA judgment that threatens to level the program and cost Freeze his job … if an Ole Miss booster wasn’t also suing a pair of Mississippi State players … now you also have Nutt's lawyer putting some of Ole Miss’ business out on front street.

Be scared of the man who has nothing to lose, because sometimes he’ll find a way to get even.
    Remember Deontay Anderson's quote? Something like "The NCAA stuff doesn't bother me. I talked to coach freeze and he said it was all stuff that happened before he got there. I knew he wouldn't lie to me."

Just more proof Freeze is a snake.