Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSU self reports 14 violations to NCAA

vCash

MSU self reports 14 violations to NCAA

Self reported 14 secondary violations including paying players tickets to the movies. Players have to pay a whopping 18.25 and we displayed the egg bowl trophy in an illegal place. Shame on Dan! Que the UM company line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Self reported 14 secondary violations including paying players tickets to the movies. Players have to pay a whopping 18.25 and we displayed the egg bowl trophy in an illegal place. Shame on Dan! Que the UM company line.
    I'm sure the Daily Journal and the CL will be all over that. Meanwhile the only thing they ever say about UM is what UM wants them to say.

vCash
    Should we rue this?

vCash
    DAMN the Starkville Disgrace printed SOMETHING...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Jesus. With asshats like this running the SDN, who the hell needs the C-L fo extra fish wrap?

"A walk-on skipped class to attend spring practice and didn't even return to the team in the fall"

How the **** is that an NCAA violation of any sort?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundtheRock View Post
    Should we rue this?
    Let's do a round.
    Everyone from south Mississippi
    Rue rue rue your boat
    Now north Mississippi
    Rue rue rue your boat
    Now outside of Mississippi-loud as there are not as many of you
    Rue rue rue your boat
    Everybody!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Jesus. With asshats like this running the SDN, who the hell needs the C-L fo extra fish wrap?

"A walk-on skipped class to attend spring practice and didn't even return to the team in the fall"

How the **** is that an NCAA violation of any sort?
    Reporting of this stuff is standard. At least if you are a reporter that wants to try and do a decent job. And I can 100% confirm the author of that piece agrees that most of those violations are a joke, but he gets paid to report it anyway. If you'd like to read only sunshine and rainbows, visit hailstate.com.

Banned
    vCash
    Do they pay you much to write, JTC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Do they pay you much to write, JTC?
    Nope. Guess you get what you pay for right?
    In all honesty, I can't complain. I get a front row seat to some cool stuff. Downside is part of the gig is reporting on things that might be considered bad news or stupid news by fans. Whether it's good, bad or stupid though, still gotta put it out there. Then just let some of you fine folks here and elsewhere call us all asshats and let the chips fall where they may.

vCash
    Should we rue this?
    I think now is the time to start rueing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    In all honesty, I can't complain. I get a front row seat to some cool stuff. Downside is part of the gig is reporting on things that might be considered bad news or stupid news by fans. Whether it's good, bad or stupid though, still gotta put it out there. Then just let some of you fine folks here and elsewhere call us all asshats and let the chips fall where they may.
    Thanks for posting. Elitedawgs is not going to pay you- but we will give you ideas to help you with your job. You're welcome

Banned
    vCash
    Never called you an asshat. You just outed yourself when you took up for yourself. Be sure and run future stories by us.

vCash
    Should we rue this?
    Naw, no rueing yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Never called you an asshat. You just outed yourself when you took up for yourself. Be sure and run future stories by us.
    I wasn't exactly trying to hide my identity with my original post you know. But I'll be sure and check in on you guys in the future. In fact, you guys can keep checking me out too. It was exactly a year ago when several here said I'd be the only MSU writer they read or something along those lines after my column on Jeff Simmons from media days last year. Now I'm just the 'Starkville Disgrace' in this thread. Never know when I'll make you happy again though.

Banned
    vCash
    I think I remember you now.

vCash
    CL might not report this bc they'll have to acknowledge we have the egg

vCash

I have an honest question for you:

I wasn't exactly trying to hide my identity with my original post you know. But I'll be sure and check in on you guys in the future. In fact, you guys can keep checking me out too. It was exactly a year ago when several here said I'd be the only MSU writer they read or something along those lines after my column on Jeff Simmons from media days last year. Now I'm just the 'Starkville Disgrace' in this thread. Never know when I'll make you happy again though.
    Has SDN run a story on the UM/NCAA investigation? If not, why not? I understand that it's "Starkville" news but I would think a case of this magnitude would warrant an in-depth article or three. While we are on that subject, I know that sports journalist in Mississippi work together often and, like all professions, rumors and/or truths spread quickly among these circles. Have you heard why the Clarion Ledger isn't reporting or investigating the UM/NCAA case? Why they weren't interested in the detailed info that Steve Robertson originally provided them?

Legitimately asking. Not trolling here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Has SDN run a story on the UM/NCAA investigation? If not, why not? I understand that it's "Starkville" news but I would think a case of this magnitude would warrant an in-depth article or three. While we are on that subject, I know that sports journalist in Mississippi work together often and, like all professions, rumors and/or truths spread quickly among these circles. Have you heard why the Clarion Ledger isn't reporting or investigating the UM/NCAA case? Why they weren't interested in the detailed info that Steve Robertson originally provided them?

Legitimately asking. Not trolling here.
    Valid questions. No, the SDN hasn't reported on the Ole Miss investigation. At least not with anyone on staff. We are using Associated Press reports on the investigation in our paper because, frankly, that's what the AP is for. I personally won't write an article on the Ole Miss case. It's not my beat. I have no more right to expound on that case than I would an investigation at another school in another state. I will write, and have already written, stories pertaining to MSU athletes. I wrote when Rebel Rags brought the lawsuit against Leo & Kobe. Wednesday, it's possible more news could break on that case requiring further reporting. As for the C-L, I won't speak on their approach, or lack of an approach, to the case. I don't think that's my place to do so.