Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most blatant OM lie of all, 1.5 pages into their NOA response...

vCash
    Whether it's arrogance or stupidity, OM seems to think saying something makes it so. Like exemplary cooperation.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Fixed it for ya....

Quote Originally Posted by Martianlander View Post
    Excellent. Good thing no one at unm has analytical thought.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Well, they did pay players as well. Just, for whatever reason, much of that didn't make it into the NOA. AJ got 300K and Little was the largest financial transaction in recruiting history.
    I just wonder if once they got into this deep enough and found what they did, that they decided we've got enough to bury them for a long time, let's not waste any more time digging deeper to find out the other stuff. Think about this.....this thing didn't start because Georgia complained to the NCAA that OM let someone sleep on an asst. coaches couch, or that a family member got a free meal. They had heard the allegations of 300k payments and all of the others. I think they found enough of the easy stuff to be satisfied they had enough to bury them without having to dig deeper.

And I've said this before too, and I believe it....I think the NCAA has some other stuff set aside for another day. I honestly don't think the NCAA played all of their cards.

vCash
    This whole thing could have been resolved by the firing of Freeze after the first NOA. The NCAA would have moved on, no major penalties and the Network would have remained intact.

vCash
    DeviousDawg34, I think you must be writing a part of Rosebowl's book. ***

Out-17'n-standing!!

<clap> <clap> <clap>

We will Rue the day the NCAA accepts your punishment...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This whole thing could have been resolved by the firing of Freeze after the first NOA. The NCAA would have moved on, no major penalties and the Network would have remained intact.
    I don't agree with this.

The investigation uncovered a network of boosters that would've need to be dealt with. I'm not really sure where this narrative started, but it doesn't make any sense.

I do agree that the penalties would've been reduced if Freeze was fired, but the NCAA still has to clean other things up

vCash
    That's a LOT of new potential lawsuits **
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    WRONG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    The real hammer for OM is that they committed violations during the NCAAs investigation. They can plead with the NCAA that they followed the 4 pillars of compliance, but reality is they were running rogue with the NCAA all up in their business.

This operation was systematic, premeditated and there was/is a strategic plan in place where active coaches orchestrated close/intimate involvement between over a dozen Boosters with over 3 dozen recruits........ for years.

The fact is, the very men in charge (Head Coach/Asst Athletic Director) obviously had no way of monitoring recruiting activities (Freeze) or they were just too ignorant to acknowledge that they were breaking the freaking rules (Farrar.)
    Don't kid yourself, they played ignorance card from the bottom up.

"we made some mistakes"
    "we had no way of monitoring the activities that took place"
    "we can't control the actions of rogue boosters"
    "we can't control the actions of rogue coaches"

They played the ignorance card as a whole, because every single one of them was guilty. The network guys, the entire coaching staff and football administrators were on the same page when it came to who they wanted and who they targeted. Their handouts had become such a well known fact that their reputation as givers began to recruit itself. While it was good for their recruiting rankings, it also created a reputation that they had to uphold. Upholding that reputation meant that they couldn't stop cheating, even if it was while the NCAA was in town, unless of course they wanted to lose the newfound attention from 4 and 5 stars that otherwise wouldn't have even given them the time of day.

It's like a young lady who used to not get much attention from the guys, then got around a little too much, and before she knew it, all the guys wanted to talk to her all of the sudden. She liked the new attention from guys, but she knew that if she quit giving them what they want, she wouldn't get the added attention that she has become obsessed with. At this point, even if she wanted a real relationship, it would be hopeless. If she wanted guys, she had to give them what they wanted, even if everyone was talking.

So it was known, Ole Miss was a slut, and the reputation was irreversible. So what do you do? Embrace it. Freeze knew everything that Barney was doing, just as he knew everything the rest of his staff was doing, because they were doing it together. Leo knew of OM's reputation, committed out of no where, and got his $15,000. Yes, he was a surprise commit, but they were too obsessed to see that this relationship wasn't real, and of course had to keep him happy the only way they knew how. Leo got what he wanted then settled down with a good girl who would be best for his future. Best of both worlds for Leo. When word got round of Leo's and OM's relationship, OM wanted to blame Leo for what they gave him, when if they had just kept their collective legs closed in the first place, they wouldn't be dealing with the consequences. Even if Ole Missy was telling the truth, who would believe them, they created their reputation and embraced it, now they have to deal with the consequences. #ALLIN

vCash
    Great read DD, now could you forward that to the NCAA?

vCash
    I don't agree with this.

The investigation uncovered a network of boosters that would've need to be dealt with. I'm not really sure where this narrative started, but it doesn't make any sense.

I do agree that the penalties would've been reduced if Freeze was fired, but the NCAA still has to clean other things up
    He heard someone say it on the radio, so it must be true, right? NO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    He heard someone say it on the radio, so it must be true, right? NO!
    Never said I thought it was true but like most bodies such as the NCAA they want to get it done with as little fuss as possible. They caught OM and Freeze red handed. I can see them asking OM to clean house for light penalties. OM said go 17 yourself. Then Big Softie goes all Chatty Kathy at the Draft and then the cheating continued (and continued...and continued...) and the NCAA decided to go all out on om. It's really simple. OM could have stopped this by handing over the head of Freeze and agreeing to some lighter penalties.

vCash
    Looks like if I need a prosecutor anytime soon, I will be calling on DeviousD for the job.
    Nice work,
    I am ready for HAMMERTIME!!!!

vCash
    Never said I thought it was true but like most bodies such as the NCAA they want to get it done with as little fuss as possible. They caught OM and Freeze red handed. I can see them asking OM to clean house for light penalties. OM said go 17 yourself. Then Big Softie goes all Chatty Kathy at the Draft and then the cheating continued (and continued...and continued...) and the NCAA decided to go all out on om. It's really simple. OM could have stopped this by handing over the head of Freeze and agreeing to some lighter penalties.
    Probably saw what AU got away with in the Cam Newton deal and tried to do the same thing. Two things, 1. they aren't Auburn and 2. They aren't playing for a National Title right now. The NCAA had to either drop the hammer and take Cam out of the Title game or close a "loophole" after the Cam debacle. I don't think a parent getting paid instead of a kid is much of a loophole but the NCAA ruled it was. UNM doesn't have a leg to stand on now.

vCash
    Sorry DD... this is all BS! It'll be 9 over 3 and Freezus will continue to underperform with the highest paid roster in the SEC. You'll RUE the day you posted this amazing piece of work. ****
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    I don't agree with this.

I agree. The NCAA had to clean up women's basketball, and the track team. Now they have to clean up Academic Fraud + over a dozen Booster activities + over a half dozen coaches, including but not limited to the damn Assistant Athletic Director for the Football program.

That's multiple sports, over multiple ADs, and multiple coaching staffs for years on end. I've honestly never seen an "Institution" that failed to control their sports program's as bad as this OM crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post

"we made some mistakes"

They played the ignorance card as a whole, because every single one of them was guilty. The network guys, the entire coaching staff and football administrators were on the same page when it came to who they wanted and who they targeted. Their handouts had become such a well known fact that their reputation as givers began to recruit itself. While it was good for their recruiting rankings, it also created a reputation that they had to uphold. Upholding that reputation meant that they couldn't stop cheating, even if it was while the NCAA was in town, unless of course they wanted to lose the newfound attention from 4 and 5 stars that otherwise wouldn't have even given them the time of day.

It's like a young lady who used to not get much attention from the guys, then got around a little too much, and before she knew it, all the guys wanted to talk to her all of the sudden. She liked the new attention from guys, but she knew that if she quit giving them what they want, she wouldn't get the added attention that she has become obsessed with. At this point, even if she wanted a real relationship, it would be hopeless. If she wanted guys, she had to give them what they wanted, even if everyone was talking.

So it was known, Ole Miss was a slut, and the reputation was irreversible. So what do you do? Embrace it. Freeze knew everything that Barney was doing, just as he knew everything the rest of his staff was doing, because they were doing it together. Leo knew of OM's reputation, committed out of no where, and got his $15,000. Yes, he was a surprise commit, but they were too obsessed to see that this relationship wasn't real, and of course had to keep him happy the only way they knew how. Leo got what he wanted then settled down with a good girl who would be best for his future. Best of both worlds for Leo. When word got round of Leo's and OM's relationship, OM wanted to blame Leo for what they gave him, when if they had just kept their collective legs closed in the first place, they wouldn't be dealing with the consequences. Even if Ole Missy was telling the truth, who would believe them, they created their reputation and embraced it, now they have to deal with the consequences. #ALLIN
    Great post.

I believe that the specifics you posted above are the exact reason why Barney said, "we were all in it together" and now he is the fall guy. Freeze & Farrar used the same attorney, paid for by OM - Barney had every right to believe he and Freeze were in it together, they were fighting for the same cause. Then the OM brass put the hammer down on Barney, cut off his legal funding, threw him under the NCAA bus and laid him out to fry for the whole damn thing. They (OM power people) set Barney up big time, they used him like a cheap whore and then threw him to the curb after he was diseased and all used up. Now no one will touch him with a ten foot pole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Great post.

I believe that the specifics you posted above are the exact reason why Barney said, "we were all in it together" and now he is the fall guy. Freeze & Farrar used the same attorney, paid for by OM - Barney had every right to believe he and Freeze were in it together, they were fighting for the same cause. Then the OM brass put the hammer down on Barney, cut off his legal funding, threw him under the NCAA bus and laid him out to fry for the whole damn thing. They (OM power people) set Barney up big time, they used him like a cheap whore and then threw him to the curb after he was diseased and all used up. Now no one will touch him with a ten foot pole.
    The NCAA is not falling for the Barney did it all himself attempt.
    -They know more than OM wants to even admit to themselves.
    -They know Freeze and Barney worked together at OM under Coach O.
    -They know that they both learned how to "cruit; heppin style" during that period from 2005-2007 at OM.
    -They know that Freeze hired Barney as his "Associate Athletic Director of High School and Junior College Relations" because Freeze knew ole Barn would do as told, and knew how to get the bag to the recruits, as they learned together.
    -They know that Freeze promoted Barney to a recruiting position through a special waiver for a reason, to get the bag to the recruits.
    -They know that Freeze wasn't just Barney's employer, but good friend, and that there is no way Barney was committing all of these violations without Freeze's blessing.
    -They know that Freeze was on record saying Barney was their most vital recruiter, just months before the Barney/Leo allegations broke.
    -They know that Freeze knew those messages between John Miller and Laremy Tunsil were real, and that Barney was in charge of LT's payroll.

The NCAA is not stupid. There is absolutely no way that they are buying any of the BS OM is responding with. Yet the OM flock believe the Response to be gospel. I can't tell you how many times I have seen an OM person say, "We have proven that there are lies in the NOA". What are they basing this off of? The OM response created by the people that have been lying every single step of the way to the entire public? Yet their response, with their back against the wall and nothing more to lose with a lie but everything to gain, is true and the NOA is not? PLEASE.

THE OM ADMINISTRATION IS FULL OF SNAKES THAT WILL LIE TO ANYONE, AND EVERYONE, ANY CHANCE THEY GET, IN AN ATTEMPT TO COVER THEIR OWN ASS, AND ONLY THEIR OWN ASS. AND NO, LITTLE JOHNNY REB, YOUR ASS IS NOT INCLUDED, THEY WILL LIE TO YOU UNTIL YOU DONATE YOUR LEFT AND RIGHT NUT TO THE VAUGHT SOCIETY. NO, THIS ASS COVERING ONLY INCLUDES A FEW "PRESTIGIOUS" ASSES, AND THAT NUMBER IS GETTING SLIMMER BY THE DAY. WHY LITTLE JOHNNY REB, WHY??
    WHY DO YOU STILL BELIEVE THE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN LYING TO YOU THE ENTIRE TIME????

vCash
    damnnnnnn- DD34 bringing it today. Nice work Einhorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post

"we made some mistakes"

And now the NCAA is going to give OM a nasty little STD that won't go away anytime soon. Good luck trying to hook up in the Grove with elite recruits from now on. It couldn't happen to a better group of people.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***