Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The most blatant OM lie of all, 1.5 pages into their NOA response...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Never said I thought it was true but like most bodies such as the NCAA they want to get it done with as little fuss as possible. They caught OM and Freeze red handed. I can see them asking OM to clean house for light penalties. OM said go 17 yourself. Then Big Softie goes all Chatty Kathy at the Draft and then the cheating continued (and continued...and continued...) and the NCAA decided to go all out on om. It's really simple. OM could have stopped this by handing over the head of Freeze and agreeing to some lighter penalties.
    No. No they couldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    And now the NCAA is going to give OM a nasty little STD that won't go away anytime soon. Good luck trying to hook up in the Grove with elite recruits from now on. It couldn't happen to a better group of people.
    But it's the gift that keeps on giving..."it's a good thing".

vCash
    Pillar 4: "on learning of a violation, the institution takes swift action."

One would think, after Draft Night, with Tunsil being implicated in the NOA, and Barney getting fired for giving a recruit $15,000, that the only man standing, John Miller, would've been fired to atleast show that they don't put up with anything sketchy. Nope, Mr. John's profile on OM's website says that he has recently been promoted to Associate Athletic Director! Good for him!

vCash
    Best poster on this site. DeviousDawg for MVP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    I agree. The NCAA had to clean up women's basketball, and the track team. Now they have to clean up Academic Fraud + over a dozen Booster activities + over a half dozen coaches, including but not limited to the damn Assistant Athletic Director for the Football program.

That's multiple sports, over multiple ADs, and multiple coaching staffs for years on end. I've honestly never seen an "Institution" that failed to control their sports program's as bad as this OM crap.
    If ever there was a systemic attempt to cheat and break the rules, TCUN's network succeeded big time. Come late November, SMU alumni across the nation will be high-fiving each other as they will finally be paroled from NCAA purgatory.

Also, kudos DD for an awesome write-up -- very well thought out and penned.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    Best poster on this site. DeviousDawg for MVP.
    Damn sure making a run today

vCash
    I give it to Einhorn. If he really is Coach34- that means Coach34 is an awesome mf'er

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I give it to Einhorn. If he really is Coach34- that means Coach34 is an awesome mf'er
    Thanks Finkle

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    I haven't heard much talk of this guy, but he is easily the front-runner for TCUN Employee of the Year*

Matt Ball - Senior Associate Athletics Director for Compliance

After serving as a director of compliance with the University of Oklahoma athletics department since 2007, Ball joined the Ole Miss Rebel family in April 2011 and oversees all aspects of the athletics compliance office.
    Another puppet of the network and athletic department. This guys career in NCAA compliance is done. You've got to think the only reason he still has a job is from fear of trying finding a replacement that is so willfully ignorant. He's been there for this entire $hit $how.