Thread: We lost another Great Dawg this morning

vCash

We lost another Great Dawg this morning

The Lord came for my uncle, Bill Curtis, this morning. He was 95. My uncle was many things, an engineer, cattleman, scout master, WWII veteran who was at Utah Beach and is in the WWII museum at New Orleans. After the war, Uncle Bill went to State on the GI Bill and graduated in '49 with a CE degree. Moved to Vicksburg and worked at the Corp of Engineers until he retired. Uncle Bill was the definition of True Maroon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    The Lord came for my uncle, Bill Curtis, this morning. He was 95. My uncle was many things, an engineer, cattleman, scout master, WWII veteran who was at Utah Beach and is in the WWII museum at New Orleans. After the war, Uncle Bill went to State on the GI Bill and graduated in '49 with a CE degree. Moved to Vicksburg and worked at the Corp of Engineers until he retired. Uncle Bill was the definition of True Maroon.
    Damn. Salute. True Maroon, Indeed!

Banned
    vCash
    DUDE. God Rest His Soul. Omaha Beach, just damn. Condolences to your family.

If you want, and I can certainly understand if now is not the time, but in the future, if you are so inclined, please share any Omaha Beach stories he may have shared with you.

I bet he was one hell of a Man. More than many of us here can attest to I'm sure.

thanks for sharing Itta Bena.

btw, spent a lot of time in Swiftown and Morgan City during my teenage days spraying cuckleburrs and johnson grass on a spray rig during the 70's. kept those beans and cotton clean. back when Roundup was new.

vCash
    Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing and R.I.P. Mr. Curtis. True Maroon!

vCash
    Sorry for the lost looks like he had a very meaningful long life. He was definitely bless.

vCash
    Godspeed for a true Bulldog. My prayers for your family.

vCash
    Prayers for your family.... God blessed you and yours with a TRUE MAROON... Now carry on his legacy....

vCash
    Sorry to hear

vCash
    Hail State, and Hail Bill Curtis.

vCash
    Remember him well. I lost my dad, J.B Middleton, a while back. He was also with the Corp of Engineers and was best friends with him.
    R.I.P and Hail State!

vCash
    Sorry for your loss, Bro.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Utah Beach veterans are real heros and we owe those boys an eternal debt of gratitude

vCash
    Thank you for the condolences, prayers and kind words for my family. My uncle never talked about the war and was told he didn't want to talk about it....I remember, as a kid, hearing this and so as much as I wanted to ask him about D-Day, I never did. I heard him talk about it for the first time about 3 years ago when my son, who was 11 at the time, asked him about it. Uncle Bill said that it was hell and that it was something he was proud to have been a part of but he wished he'd never have been a part of.

Now, he had some stories about his time at State and living in Old Main with all those GI's. Said there were some real Hell Raisers that found their way to Starkville after the war. Said they liked to drink and race motorcycles through the halls of Old Main. Campus was a little crazy for the first couple of years but settled down some in '48. Most didn't last but 1 or 2 semesters. 3 at the very most before they left on their own or were kindly asked to leave and not come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    God be praised !! What a wonderful full life!!! My he be reunited in heaven with loved ones!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!