Thread: Andy Staples article on Fitzgerald

vCash

Andy Staples article on Fitzgerald

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Lol, yep. Good article, and I really hope Fitz has improved his passing & leadership...if he has, watch out.

vCash

Very good Fitz article by Andy Staples at SI

"There was never really a school that was like 'We want you as a quarterback. I'm going to develop you as a quarterback. That's the position you're going to play.' Until I talked to Coach Mullen."

https://www.si.com/college-football/...sec-media-days

Last edited by DancingRabbit; 07-10-2017 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Lol, yep. Good article, and I really hope Fitz has improved his passing & leadership...if he has, watch out.
    As always, it comes down to the OL. If Rankin to C is move that makes that unit gel, we could really be looking at 2014 Part Deaux. You know I'm a sunshine guy, but I really think this team will shock some people.

vCash
    I can't buy in too much until I see some improvement from our receiving corp. Too many dropped passes. Not overly convinced our defense will be great, lots of new starters on the line.

vCash
    I believe the receivers will be better because they know who the starter is and can work with him in the off season. Last year, there were three quarterbacks in contention and they all had different touch.

The OL is the most talented in years. It remains to be seen if we have the coaching to make that translate onto the field.

Banned
    vCash
    I feel like we could be good, but I feel like we could be 7-6 too.

vCash
    As always, it comes down to the OL. If Rankin to C is move that makes that unit gel, we could really be looking at 2014 Part Deaux. You know I'm a sunshine guy, but I really think this team will shock some people.
    Sounds like Rankin is the back-up C if a major injury took place...Look for Jenkins at C, Rankin along with Calhoun on the left side. Probably Williams at RG and with Reese at RT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Sounds like Rankin is the back-up C if a major injury took place...Look for Jenkins at C, Rankin along with Calhoun on the left side. Probably Williams at RG and with Reese at RT
    Which is even better. That's leaves a left and middle that is solid intact.

vCash
    So, Bucky didn't think he could teach Nic how to throw a bubble screen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    I can't buy in too much until I see some improvement from our receiving corp. Too many dropped passes. Not overly convinced our defense will be great, lots of new starters on the line.
    I receiving corp will certainly keep us from being an elite team, but we could in theory win 10 games without being elite (more realistically, 9 as we're going to have several toss-up games if we're not elite).

I don't think our O-Line is going to be that good, so short of our defense being lights out good, I'm hoping for 7 wins.

Banned
    vCash
    We're not gonna win ten games. I just don't see it. 8-5 sure. Ten? No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Hodge at RT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I believe the receivers will be better because they know who the starter is and can work with him in the off season. Last year, there were three quarterbacks in contention and they all had different touch.

The OL is the most talented in years. It remains to be seen if we have the coaching to make that translate onto the field.
    I agree. With Nick as the uncontested starter this year they have nothing to do all summer but go out and play 7 on 7 in the morning and at night. If D'Runya can come out of nowhere why can't Reggie Todd or Jamal Couch? I also like the number of TEs we have. They are a mismatch. Could it be that Mullen saw what Eason did at OM and what the Arkansas TEs did and decided to do it at State? I hope so.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I agree. With Nick as the uncontested starter this year they have nothing to do all summer but go out and play 7 on 7 in the morning and at night. If D'Runya can come out of nowhere why can't Reggie Todd or Jamal Couch? I also like the number of TEs we have. They are a mismatch. Could it be that Mullen saw what Eason did at OM and what the Arkansas TEs did and decided to do it at State? I hope so.
    Our TEs could make up for lack of outside WRs. Couch looks the part in some highlight videos but he didn't show it in the spring game. I hope our defense kicks other team's asses they way they did our team in the spring game. Rankin and Calhoun on the left side might be one of the better left sides in the SEC. If we get the guy from UT for the RT then our Oline looks a lot better.

vCash
    Reggie Todd looked pretty good in the spring game. He put on a little weight during his redshirt year and he was a 4 star out of high school, I am expecting big things out him. Couch does look the part, but that doesn't mean much.

vCash
    I worry about pass blocking. Seems that Williams makes the line better on running plays.