Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1-on-1 interview with Jett Johnson

vCash

1-on-1 interview with Jett Johnson

https://hailstatetakes.com/2017/07/0...-jett-johnson/

Hope y'all like! Feel free to discuss on here!

vCash
    By the way guys, Jett was a pleasure to meet. He is a real good young man and he reminds me a lot of Richie Brown.

vCash
    Then vs than.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Then vs than.
    So you didn't like?

vCash
    Good information. Thanks. Looking forward to see him play. Nice job!

vCash
    A real student of the game, I presume.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    Seems to be. I'm probably gonna do a follow up interview and go more in depth with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    I'm sure he has a high motor.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I thought it was good. I could do without the "favorite _____?" questions....Personally I don't think anyone cares about that stuff. If you want people to be anxious for your interviews, make them packed with informative info about football. Mom's and girlfriends like the favorite movie stuff, but your clicks are going to come from guys like EliteDawgs....so more questions about what type of player he is, where He feels he fits in Grantham's scheme, who is another defensive player you're hoping MSU lands to join you this recruiting class, are you and the guys helping recruit since you're already firmly committed, etc...

Just my opinion, of course. But a pretty good interview. Thanks.

vCash
    Good Lort, jorts (Gene) has some competition!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg10msu View Post

I read it, and thought it was a fun interview. I do have a few things critique-wise:
    1) I don't know why MSU fans are so combative but I think in the long run if you guys want to be successful you need to do it by standing above the crowd, not by trying to drag others down. Starting off by going after another MSU site isn't going to do you any favors in the long run - personally, I'd take down the 'What is HailStateTakeover?' article and rewrite it to remove the digs at M&W Nation. Today's adversary is tomorrow's business partner.
    2) I like your articles, I like your enthusiasm, and I like your prolificity. Don't change that.
    3) Having said that, and I'm not the first to say it - you guys really need a copy editor. Too many mistakes in an article gives the impression that you don't know what you're doing or that you are unintelligent. I know that's not the case, but your writing is how you interact with the world. So spend some time polishing it up before you post it.

vCash
    Wonderful feedback guys. These are the kinda discussions I enjoy. I'm always a fan of making my work better and getting a positive critique is one of the things that helps me the most.

vCash

I presume y'all are working with the MSU compliance office to make sure y'all aren't inadvertently causing problems through contact with unsigned players?

Or already know all the rules from previous work?

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    I read it, and thought it was a fun interview. I do have a few things critique-wise:
    1) I don't know why MSU fans are so combative but I think in the long run if you guys want to be successful you need to do it by standing above the crowd, not by trying to drag others down. Starting off by going after another MSU site isn't going to do you any favors in the long run - personally, I'd take down the 'What is HailStateTakeover?' article and rewrite it to remove the digs at M&W Nation. Today's adversary is tomorrow's business partner.
    2) I like your articles, I like your enthusiasm, and I like your prolificity. Don't change that.
    3) Having said that, and I'm not the first to say it - you guys really need a copy editor. Too many mistakes in an article gives the impression that you don't know what you're doing or that you are unintelligent. I know that's not the case, but your writing is how you interact with the world. So spend some time polishing it up before you post it.
    ^^^Agree with all of the above. Another critique would be the aesthetics of the site, it feels like an amateur blog. Not exactly a visually stimulating or memorable site...really needs more pictures, graphics, different layout, etc.

Lastly, where are the ads? We've become so accustomed to seeing ad's that it feels weird when they're missing. If your not utilizing digital advertising or accepting donations/crowd-funding, then how are you financing this endeavor.

Best of luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I presume y'all are working with the MSU compliance office to make sure y'all aren't inadvertently causing problems through contact with unsigned players?

Or already know all the rules from previous work?
    Actually did that this morning after recieveing threats from Ole Miss fans( go figure). Though I attend games and my dad and grandfather are Bulldog club members, I'm not an actual member, therefore I don't fall under NCAAs classification of a booster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual Underachiever View Post
    ^^^Agree with all of the above. Another critique would be the aesthetics of the site, it feels like an amateur blog. Not exactly a visually stimulating or memorable site...really needs more pictures, graphics, different layout, etc.

Lastly, where are the ads? We've become so accustomed to seeing ad's that it feels weird when they're missing. If your not utilizing digital advertising or accepting donations/crowd-funding, then how are you financing this endeavor.

Best of luck.
    We are currently working on having ads installed. It's actually quite a hurdle but should by the end of the month.

Banned
    vCash
    Actually did that this morning after recieveing threats from Ole Miss fans( go figure). Though I attend games and my dad and grandfather are Bulldog club members, I'm not an actual member, therefore I don't fall under NCAAs classification of a booster.
    You might want to post this on SPS then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    They blocked me I guess. Won't let me reply to anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Never mind I got it.

vCash
    If so then you need to quite stating on message boards you are a fourth Generation Bulldog Club Member. Nothing more TSUN fans would love is to have a NCAA violation to report on MSU. So we all need to be vigilant in abiding by all the NCAA rules.