Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Summa Heat Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Summa Heat Edition

Not much planned yet but I'm sure there will be some good grillin this weekend

Banned
    vCash
    when ya going fishin' Beast?

vCash
    Fajitas and Modello. Actually a little cooler on the coast this afternoon after the rain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    when ya going fishin' Beast?
    Doubtful this weekend. Tuesday maybe

vCash
    Got a pastured heritage pork, one 7 pound shoulder and 2.5 pounds of belly pieces going in my smoker, maybe a couple of chops in there as well. See what else needs cooking. Too damn hot in San Antonio last week to stand over the Weber too long. Love this area except for July and August.

vCash
    I'm cooking seafood gumbo tomorrow. Got some blue crab from NOLA, shrimp from Krogahhhh, fresh Green onion, celery, okra, sweet yellow onion, and a handful of smoked sausage...season it up right and it can't be beat

vCash

If you've never put lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle on a egg, bacon, and cheese.... You need to. It's like a breakfast club if you will

Banned
    vCash
    Made it to Bacchus is Madison last night for the first time. Although the service at the bar was a bit misguided the food was great. Started with a few dozen char grilled oysters then I had the seared spicy tuna and wife had the filet. Friend had the pork chop and all three dishes were amazing. They spice everything up so if that's not your flavor then you may need to get them to tone it down. Had some Han Pinot at dinner then came home for a few Lusty Claw Bourbon. Wife brought home a new small batch Bourbon that has just started selling across state lines apparently. It's called Rabbit Hole and I may crack that open tonight. Not sure if anyone else has tried it yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Made it to Bacchus is Madison last night for the first time. Although the service at the bar was a bit misguided the food was great. Started with a few dozen char grilled oysters then I had the seared spicy tuna and wife had the filet. Friend had the pork chop and all three dishes were amazing. They spice everything up so if that's not your flavor then you may need to get them to tone it down. Had some Han Pinot at dinner then came home for a few Lusty Claw Bourbon. Wife brought home a new small batch Bourbon that has just started selling across state lines apparently. It's called Rabbit Hole and I may crack that open tonight. Not sure if anyone else has tried it yet.
    Bachuss does a good job. The original in Pass Christian is great. I usually give new places a cpl months to get it together before I go. Spotty service in a new place is about par for the course honestly.

vCash
    Forgot pics -but I did a blackened redfish over creamy grits with a crawfish and andouille remoulade for dinner last night. It was spectacular.

vCash
    Wife's god parents invited over family and made some killer homemade lasagna

vCash
    Vodka and a splash of some Mexican fruit drink

vCash
    Filets, grilled shrimp and corns. Miller life's.

vCash
    Went to Beast's favorite - Steve's Marina. Blackened trout with seafood sauce over jambalaya. First time in a while I haven't got the soft shell crab almondine, but it was on point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Went to Beast's favorite - Steve's Marina. Blackened trout with seafood sauce over jambalaya. First time in a while I haven't got the soft shell crab almondine, but it was on point.
    Hell ya Steve's is awesome. MIL cooking Sunday lunch for the whole family as we speak.

vCash
    homemade breakfast burritos. (sausage, eggs, red peppers, cheese, salsa)

vCash

Steak for me

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Not much planned yet but I'm sure there will be some good grillin this weekend
    Lowered the microwave to power level 6 and cooked a little longer to the perfect temp (slight give with a finger).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedawginme View Post
    Lowered the microwave to power level 6 and cooked a little longer to the perfect temp (slight give with a finger).