Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
saw Page / Plant in Mempho. I was at that Stones concert you mentioned in Nashville. both were great.

If a band prepares themselves properly, watch out if you ever go to see an event in the Liberty Bowl. 2 of the best concerts I've ever seen were Paul McCartney / Wings and I also saw the Stones there twice. those were amongst the best sounding concerts I've ever attended. Mud Island has produced some gems as well. Allman Brothers and Skynyrd to name a few. Unfortunately I was at the disaster at Mud Island when Jethro Tull performed there. Ian Anderson had huge technical issues and the band had to go total instrumental with no vocals the entire show. total buzz kill and dick block for sure.
I saw Weezer and No Doubt in Nashville on No Doubt's first tour. Weezer played and were great. No Doubt comes on plays 2 songs and then lightning strikes and the concert was then over. It was at an amphitheater so outdoors + lightning = bad.

In college, we went to Memphis 616 to see Days of the New. Supposedly the singer has a throat issue so they gave us our money back. The opening band was Finger 11 still played. They ended up the bigger band later. After they get done playing in front of about 30 people, they just came down and hung out with us. Interesting to get Canadian point of view on touring the US.