Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blondie (debroah Harry) or Madonna?

vCash

Blondie (debroah Harry) or Madonna?

Debroah - sexy, sultry classy or

Madonna- cheap slut with hairy armpits/ but very talented.

I'd take Blondie any day of the week

vCash
    I like them both for different reasons. There's no reason to set limits on the art you can appreciate.

I will say, though, this is one of my favorite songs:

I still love plenty of Madonna stuff though; Like a Prayer, especially.

Banned
    vCash
    Madonna is iconic and supposedly just became a billionaire so I am taking her

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I like them both for different reasons. There's no reason to set limits on the art you can appreciate.

I will say, though, this is one of my favorite songs:

I still love plenty of Madonna stuff though; Like a Prayer, especially.
    damn Beard, gracias senior, I had forgotten how great that song was. she had her own unique deal going on, "you could see I was no debutante" So Joplinesque of her.

I always loved female vocalists who didn't rely on fashion model looks like Joplin, Bonnie Raitt, and that overweight daughter / mother country duo whom name escapes for the moment. but actually, I think Blondie is pretty hot. Women in the music bidness that are talented solely on their music skills has always been a turn on for me.

the thing I like a lot about Madonna is that she had that Colonel Parker aspect of being a good looking white person who could sing with the "black" voice. many of her songs leaves the listener questioning if the vocalist is black or white. Elvis Presley had it big time and he's one of my all time favorites. that's why the Colonel latched on to him.

Banned
    vCash
    Winonna Judd, she's another female artist that I like a lot, there's another song I'll come up with in a few, here's a damned good one, you gotta love her heart she has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twN-gnrh4jA

Banned
    vCash
    Elvis Presley was the greatest American Rock Star in many ways. One of the aspects I admire most is he calmed the redneckness of our country down big time. he single handily broke down racial and other barriers with his music. of course Ed Sullivan's endorsement didn't hurt that but history was written.

Clean up Your Own Backyard, you take care of your business and I'll take care of mine. he was a bad assed MOFO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6UvdgoZnY

Banned
    vCash
    and another bit of musical education, Led Zeppelin taught the world that hard rock / heavy metal didn't need to be all about chain saws and jack hammers

you will NEVER hear this on the radio because RADIO sux as bad as CNN

enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK_ZtN9K2EM

Banned
    vCash
    and for those guys like me who are over 40, enjoy Jimmy Buffet's best, (no disrespect for Come Monday)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRy4ZcdPC8

Banned
    vCash
    here's one for those who didn't know how good they had it till it was gone....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQAsbAoEias

Banned
    vCash
    a Stones song you will NEVER hear on the radio. look up the lyrics. it's awesome.

I feel so humble with you tonight just sitting in front of the fire. See your face dancing in the flame, feel your mouth kissing me again, what a beautiful buzz, what a beautiful buzz!!!

go get the lyrics then watch thi

s not so vivid clear video, it's clearly IMO the best the Stones have to offer amongst their many jems.

Loving Cup...this looks like when the were warming up in the South of France making their best work which was Exile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMSqR-kvtc

Banned
    vCash
    And why they are the ultimate bad assed , coolest mofo's in the bidness:

lyrics included, Tumbling Dice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1EWf6O77jE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    you will NEVER hear this on the radio because RADIO sux as bad as CNN

enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK_ZtN9K2EM
    Zeppelin is one of my all time favorite bands, however I feel that Cream (Slow Hand, Jack Bruce, and Ginger ****ing Baker: the original "super group") did just as much for 'hard rock', if not more, as they set the stage in many ways for the bands that followed.

Great song drop though, Bully. I'll do you one better, homie....

vCash
    Blondie was one of the 1st music crushes I had. Madonna in the 80s was much better than Madonna in the 90s+ imo. And the Judds were the mother/daughter duo Bully was trying to think of -- I like them as a duo but Wynonna by herself, not so much.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Zeppelin is one of my all time favorite bands, however I feel that Cream (Slow Hand, Jack Bruce, and Ginger ****ing Baker: the original "super group") did just as much for 'hard rock', if not more, as they set the stage in many ways for the bands that followed.

Great song drop though, Bully. I'll do you one better, homie....

Great song Beard. Cream was definitely bad ass. too bad they always seemed to have personality differences that kept them from producing more music.

I really think Zep is special though because of how they added magic and melody to hard rock / metal. that's why I like The Rover song so much, it typifies the major difference they contributed to music. I've never been able to figure out how they produced so much sound with the number of instruments either.

Banned
    vCash
    I think also that Robert Plant is often not given enough credit to Zep's magic. everybody likes to talk about Page but I really think the magic of Zep is Plant.

vCash
    Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite all time bands. I was lucky enough to see Page/Plant play in Tupelo a good while back. As far as I am concerned Robert Plant is one of the best frontman in Rock. Also Page is a top five guitarist.

I also was able to see the Stones at Vandy stadium also around 2000. They were one of the most energetic shows I have ever seen. They were in their 50s at the time and it amazed me how much they still put into their show.

I want to kick myself for not seeing AC/DC when they still toured. Prince and now Chris Cornell makes me realize that I am getting old. Have to see the great ones while I can. Hitting up Foo Fighters in October and it will be the first time I have seen them since they played Memphis in May in the early 2000s.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite all time bands. I was lucky enough to see Page/Plant play in Tupelo a good while back. As far as I am concerned Robert Plant is one of the best frontman in Rock. Also Page is a top five guitarist.

I also was able to see the Stones at Vandy stadium also around 2000. They were one of the most energetic shows I have ever seen. They were in their 50s at the time and it amazed me how much they still put into their show.

I want to kick myself for not seeing AC/DC when they still toured. Prince and now Chris Cornell makes me realize that I am getting old. Have to see the great ones while I can. Hitting up Foo Fighters in October and it will be the first time I have seen them since they played Memphis in May in the early 2000s.
    saw Page / Plant in Mempho. I was at that Stones concert you mentioned in Nashville. both were great.

If a band prepares themselves properly, watch out if you ever go to see an event in the Liberty Bowl. 2 of the best concerts I've ever seen were Paul McCartney / Wings and I also saw the Stones there twice. those were amongst the best sounding concerts I've ever attended. Mud Island has produced some gems as well. Allman Brothers and Skynyrd to name a few. Unfortunately I was at the disaster at Mud Island when Jethro Tull performed there. Ian Anderson had huge technical issues and the band had to go total instrumental with no vocals the entire show. total buzz kill and dick block for sure.

vCash
    Who would you pick: patty Smythe (Warrior) or Pat Benotar?

Banned
    vCash
    Smythe in a heartbeat. she had much more uniqueness and originality than Benotar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Smythe in a heartbeat. she had much more uniqueness and originality than Benotar.
    Plus she was just plain hot. Heck she married McEnroe.